• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cruncheons Episode 01: By The Artists Formerly Known as The Borecast

433_Crunch_1.jpg

(album art by Jinfash)

direct download: http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/bxgae7/Cruncheons01.mp3

www.cruncheons.com (note: blog page is still a work in progress)

All will be explained.

The Cruncheons Episode 01: Stardock, Gamers Bill of Rights, Listener Requests

Segment One: Stardock and the Gamers Bitmap of Rights

Doug, Robert, and Kevin take on the recent Stardock "controversy" and do some editing to the Gamers Bill of Rights.

http://gamersbillofrights.org/

Segment Two: You wrote it, you name it

Indefensible x2 with Doug and Robert, more of your listener requests from the final episode of The Borecast, and an explanation of just exactly what in the hell is going on here!

See you next week for the first installment of The Cruncheons: Cruncheon This! (a much shorter and hopefully more tolerable mini-episode)

NOTE: We're not up on the iTunes Store and Zune Marketplace yet, but you can subscribe to the show via the handy-dandy "subscribe with itunes" link at the bottom sidebar on the blog page for now!

also, if you subscribe, the 50th and final episode of The Borecast should be on iTunes (retitled to The Cruncheons: Episode 0) when it hits the store

Enk

makes good threads.
RIP The BoreCast.

You never got make it to your 69th episode. :'(

I hereby welcome our new Cruncheon overlords!

The Gamer's Bill of Rights, in the end, is more of a marketing maneuver than anything else. In the end, it's software, and the fundamental right you have as a software user is to basically shut up and take it.

I thought our Indefensibles were superb this time around.

Great show, gents. Really enjoyed the discussion.

It was interesting to hear the rundown on Stardock's beta period and how testers with a vested interest aren't really the sole folks you should have putting your game through the ringer.

Strangely enough, it works very well with indie titles. The Frozen Synapse community are great, with lots of interaction between the devs and the players. It's certainly a more pure strategy game with less to stress-test and the UI is relatively pure, but the good thing is the devs balance their core concept against suggestions.

Thinking of assembling an old piece of shit rig myself. Still got a copy of win95, a pentium 2 and a voodoo3 and a busted ass case. i don't have a crt anymore though.

I wonder if the wicked GL drivers are still available.

Corto

I kept staring to my iTunes "bad url" error message hoping and praying for the download to begin... to no avail . The borecast is dead! Long live "The Cruncheons"! :D

Seriously. Glad that you guys managed to return... Keep'em coming.

Pylon_Trooper said:
Strangely enough, it works very well with indie titles. The Frozen Synapse community are great, with lots of interaction between the devs and the players. It's certainly a more pure strategy game with less to stress-test and the UI is relatively pure, but the good thing is the devs balance their core concept against suggestions.
hehe, I'll start that latest game you sent some time. probably wait with my next frozen synapse push until the game is properly out though

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Fragamemnon said:
I thought our Indefensibles were superb this time around.
I'm somewhat disappointed that the parking lots attached to strip malls weren't addressed, with their needless land use, their albedo magnification, their tendency to attract all sorts of chronically intoxicated drivers, their expression of the pervasive thoughtlessness and inconsideration of their patrons, and their reinforcement of the automobile commuter lifestyle.

Then again, that's probably too much. Great job otherwise.

By the way, when you say "bad literature", what qualifies as literature?

Top Bottom