• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cruncheons (ex Borecast) Episode 2: Fall/Winter Games, PSP Roundup

433_Crunch_1.jpg

direct download - http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/7d52q7/Cruncheons2.mp3

Segment One: The Sears Christmas Wishbook For Adult Nerds

Doug, Kevin, and Robert check out the holiday 2010 video game release list, and note the more eclectic titles we find interesting.

Segment Two: Playlist

Doug and Robert go through some recent games they’ve been playing, including Classic Dungeon and Valkyria Chronicles 2. We also talk about the Panasonic Jungle.

Talk to you again soon!

Yay!

I look forward to listening, and Doug had better review SHANTAE RISKY'S REVENGE soon! >:|

I'm assuming since he can't control his purchasing impulse he has at least two Shantae Risky's Revenge players in his house! ;)

Enk

makes good threads.
Classic Dungeon ey? Hopefully there's some long delayed Ys VII talk peppered in there too.

i would LOVE to purchase shantae but the fucking shitty ass wireless stack in the ds won't let me connect to my airport extreme without dropping the security to nil! i'mma hafta go somewhere with free unsecured wifi to nab it. starbucks, here i cum!

and yes, there is ys 7 talk. ys 7 is awesome.

Drinky Crow said:
i would LOVE to purchase shantae but the fucking shitty ass wireless stack in the ds won't let me connect to my airport extreme without dropping the security to nil! i'mma hafta go somewhere with free unsecured wifi to nab it. starbucks, here i cum!

Speaking of shitty ass, I'd love to get some pre-launch impressions of 3DS from you at some point. Showing my hand here, but I'm as interested in 3D gaming as I am in touch screen gaming. :|

I do hope the next set of handhelds have more robust wifi support. Not that I want to play PSP2 at work, but say I need to download a firmware update; it would be nice to do so while I'm answering stupid questions rather than deal with Sony's slow ass servers on my own time.

Pikelet

What was the story with the Borecast? I completely missed this transition somehow

Good to know that it didn't just disappear though

Pikelet said:
What was the story with the Borecast? I completely missed this transition somehow

Good to know that it didn't just disappear though

There's an official thread on it, but basically libsyn and itunes was giving them problems with episode updates.

Iirc

Pikelet

There's an official thread on it, but basically libsyn and itunes was giving them problems with episode updates.

Iirc

Thanks, looks like i got a few eps to catch up on then, sweet.

The Take Out Bandit said:

Iirc

Correct! The 50th episode never showed up in iTunes, and libsyn support wasn't, well, supportive (lots of different complaints about the same situation on their forums, with no answers), so we started fresh under a new hosting service and with a new title. For those who missed the 50th episode, we rehosted it under the Cruncheons title as Episode 0.

Alex

The VC2 stuff is really spot on. There's something compelling about VC and it's mechanics, it's fun in it's own ways but as a strategy game, it's really miserable, it's as brain dead as it gets and the class balance doesn't even attempt to exist.

Yoritomo

I'm gonna listen to Rush (the band) while reading some Ayn Rand, Terry Goodkind, lewrockwell.com, and prisonplanet.com in order to prepare for the Cruncheon this politics podcast.

Alex said:
The VC2 stuff is really spot on. There's something compelling about VC and it's mechanics, it's fun in it's own ways but as a strategy game, it's really miserable, it's as brain dead as it gets and the class balance doesn't even attempt to exist.

i like frag calling it "sonic the srpg". seriously, it's not that hard to come up with a decent grading system for a game like this, sega!

sega says "herp derp, we're here for the marketable ip, nerd!"

Yoritomo

Robert the strategy hipster.

Seriously though. I don't know WTF it is but your podcast trips my trolling instinct. I always troll other forums for 15 minutes or so right after listening. Then I want to come here and troll but I genuinely like the podcast. So I end up posting inane fanboy sounding shit. Then ya'll are too nice and it makes me uncomfortable.

My dream for the podcast is for everyone to just start fighting until someone unplugs their mic. I would pay money for that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm kinda hoping that D&D session happens at some point.

i would LOVE to purchase shantae but the fucking shitty ass wireless stack in the ds won't let me connect to my airport extreme without dropping the security to nil!
Still? Wow.

Love the PSP discussion.

Namely because other shows rarely talk about PSP games and rarely take all the wronglings on the Internet to task for their bullshit.

DOUG! >:|

You forgot about Shantae. :(

Also as a baby daddy, would you be inclined to have your daughter try Risky's Revenge, assuming it's age appropriate? Just curious as the game is ostensibly a game for little girls, despite the humor that appeals to sad 35 year olds.

Looking forward to the How to Join The Glorious Master PC Gaming Race episode. I will also suggest it to friends interested in joining The Glorious Master PC Gaming Race.

Yoritomo

How does the PSP stand up to the abuse of a 4 year old? Is one of the models more rugged than the other (Go/3000)?

I'm amazed you can't get into FO3, you'll struggle to find a more stoopid game in existence drinky. And the jank animations and character models should make it's stupidity all the more appealing to you. :lol

I only listened to one episode of the borecast - I was searching gaf for Adventures to Go impressions since I was 5 hours in and loving... and the only ones who cared enough to mention it anywhere on gaf was you guys (in the show notes for the episode you talked about it in)

I should have become a regular listener right then and there but didn't for some reason so I started with episode.

Top Bottom