• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29020-1374522947-5.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
Are they really doing region locking on that stuff? <.< Trailer is named Tom Clancy&#8217;s The Division - Open Beta Trailer [EUROPE].

Yeah they are.

Usually a EU/NA/AUT version

At least US side is up to date with video today :p took them ages last time!

deoee

Oh alright, that sounds more like it.

I just don't want to play the game for like 10-15 hours and see most of the content to see and just end up grinding over and over again.

I guess it depends on how much time you take.
Surely there is a way to rush all missions, see every zone in a short time and start grinding.

thenameDS

Closed Alpha had cosmetics so did CB and now OB.

Yes Xbox downloads everything that's ready to download right away. That's why we now know the Season Pass content so far=)
Looks like I've missed out on CA and CB cosmetics then :(.

Ah that explains it, first time I'm purchasing a digital game this long in advance so didn't expect to be able to download everything already.

Trickster

90% of the game were unavailable in the beta.
There are story missions, dungeons or strikes and there was a raid rumor going around. The whole DZ becomes one instance at lvl 30.

That's a relief to hear.

Hopefully it wil be great. Don't think I could handle a Destiny 2.0

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It's not small, certainly, but I think they will get a lot of complains about map size regardless due to a number of famous New York areas that are not included. The downside of having what is probably the world's best known city as your setting I suppose. I really hope they eventually add Central Park (and not just as a dark zone if possible :p)
Central park might actually be hard. All animation in the game is completely horizontal unless you're climbing steps, a ladder, or vertical surface. There's not a single hill in the game. They would have to create a lot of new animation specifically for varied grades of natural terrain, or make the park a flat plane like the rest of the game. Or not add animation and have it look super weird.

lol it doesn't really bother me while playing, but it is funny there are no hills in The Division's NYC.

Smash88

Banned
Do we have the GMT times for this bad boy on XB1?

Q: What time does the Beta start at?
A: The Beta for Xbox One users will start on Thursday, Feb 18 - 10am CET | 4am EST | 1am PST. The Beta for PC/PS4 users will start on Friday, Feb 19 - 1pm CET | 7am EST | 4am PST.

CET is only one hour ahead of GMT.

I kinda wish they'd do a "buy 50&#8364; credit, get 10&#8364; back"-thing with paypal on PSN again.
I want the digital gold edition but I'd never pay 100&#8364; for that, no matter how many hours I can potentially put into the game.
80&#8364; would be okay.

Buy prepaid PSN cards, that's how I took off a bit more than 10,-.

You'll still have to look for deals of course, but there are some online stores that seem to have a discounted price at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom