• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Do's and Don'ts of Now Loading. . .

MrNibbles

Banned
All systems should have enough RAM to hold the OS, the game disc, and allow room for decompression, amirite?

People bitching for no loading are ridiculous.

It is unavoidable in optical based systems.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
darscot said:
Also by Nintendo I mean there stuff, I know there are lots of crap games that still have load screens on there systems.

Their! THEIR! THEIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr

aaargh

Log4Girlz

speculawyer said:
Holy crap on that Sonic 360 video . . . I was thinking of picking up that game when the price drops because I wanna play some platformers (WHERE ARE THE NEXT-GEN PLATFORMERS?!?!) . . . but after that video, you couldn't pay me to play that game.

I stopped watching after a couple minutes because it was so annoying.

Mario is on his way from another galaxy and what not.

terrene

Banned
Battersea Power Station said:
You know what I mean. There's no reason Viewtiful Joe should have a dedicated loading screen between levels when the two games I mentioned do not... other than non-ambitious programming.
What's wrong with non-ambitious programming? Not necessarily the same as inefficient programming. It's not like creating real-time streaming logic is easy. A little wait between levels is fine.

Top Bottom