• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The drunkest city/metro area in each state, 2015 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
12. Nebraska
> Drunkest city: Omaha-Council Bluffs
> Pct of MSA adults binge or heavy drinking: 21.1%
> Pct. of state adults binge or heavy drinking: 19.5%
> Pct of driving deaths alcohol related: 42.3%
To be fair, I don't think being sober makes much of a difference with the way people drive here. They are lunatics 24/7 (and I have spent plenty of time in Chicago) and you see an average of 3 cars without their headlights on any given drive across town at night. My friend from Seattle also says drivers here are way crazier. Alcohol probably causes crashes by lowering reactivity to insane lane changes of others more than by being what makes people to pull bad maneuvers in the first place.

lawnchair

Banned
7. Montana
> Drunkest city: Missoula
> Pct of MSA adults binge or heavy drinking: 22.1%
> Pct. of state adults binge or heavy drinking: 18.8%
> Pct of driving deaths alcohol related: 52.2%

that driving death number is savage

glad i escaped that town alive after 20 years

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
35. Alabama
> Drunkest city: Auburn-Opelika
> Pct of MSA adults binge or heavy drinking: 17.8%
> Pct. of state adults binge or heavy drinking: 12.2%
> Pct of driving deaths alcohol related: 26.1%

heh

Can someone with a better mathematical mind explain to me how in North Dakota the state average is higher than the highest city?

I'm legit confused.

Monroe for Michigan?

Well, I guess that doesn't really surprise me.

Edit: And Toledo for Ohio!

I grew up between both and survived! And from being in both areas for a long time.

Can someone with a better mathematical mind explain to me how in North Dakota the state average is higher than the highest city?

I'm legit confused.

Lots of people getting tanked in rural areas I guess.

I think that metro area data might be pulling from the Minnesota side of the metro area as well (i.e., Fargo residents might be significantly more drunk than Moorehead residents on the Minnesota side).

Man, now you know life sucks after looking at these statistics. But c'mon, 30% binge/heavy drinkers? A bunch of bullshit (I am one, I don't have that any brethren down in Corpus Christi. It aint Margaritaville....)

There are worse places to be.
Youngstown. Athens. Lima. Especially Lima.

sweet jesus don't even remind me about Lima, I'm making a site plan for a couple blocks near the downtown area (as part of a class for my urban planning master's degree) so I've had to visit a couple times and everything about the city is just depressing

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
sweet jesus don't even remind me about Lima, I'm making a site plan for a couple blocks near the downtown area (as part of a class for my urban planning master's degree) so I've had to visit a couple times and everything about the city is just depressing

ttyjH9A.jpg

My Ohio right in the middle, perfectly average as per usual.

Which is kinda funny cause Ohioans are buying alcohol in record numbers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom