• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls 6 "may be released only on Xbox and PC" according to newly-released document from the FTC case

Status
Not open for further replies.

F6T2dmHX0AA7BqQ

Lock if old.

Not at all surprised. I expect all Bethesda IPs to be Xbox/PC only. That includes Doom, ES, Fallout and any new title not released.

Games like ESO and Fallout 76 are still running and it wouldn’t make sense for MS to pull them of PlayStation at the expense of pissing off existing players who have put a shed load of time and money into those titles.

Cyberpunkd

I love how Totilo is trying to make something out of nothing:
During testimony at the hearing, Xbox's Phil Spencer went on to say the game was at least five years out and platforms were technically TBD
Love how the use of "technically" can be used to create a tweet and make surprising Pikachu face afterwards.

Holammer

Expect Sony to work on an Elderscrolls killer then? Kinda like Killzone was touted as the Halo killer back in the days.
They got plenty of studios that could spit out a generic high fantasy RPG. Like Guerilla Games.

killatopak

Expect Sony to work on an Elderscrolls killer then? Kinda like Killzone was touted as the Halo killer back in the days.
They got plenty of studios that could spit out a generic high fantasy RPG. Like Guerilla Games.
I don’t trust Sony can make like a really good RPG yet. So far, the games they have made can just be categorized as RPG-lite and more actiony.

I’m hoping to be proven wrong though.

shaddam

Noooo but good guy MS told me we can play anywhere because it is better to the costumer. Did they lied to us?:messenger_loudly_crying:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Some of you people who do not own or want an Xbox sure love Phil Spencer for some reason. You hang on his every word.

power-love.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
it also says ghostwire and deathloop are ps/pc only which isnt true anymore either, shit changes

Well, yes, you are right. But this is a different kind of 'shit changes' situation. These slides are from before those games' Xbox ports were released, hence the platform names missing. They couldn't mention or talk about them before the contractually obligated terms.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I mean duh. Elder Scrolls is basically MS's biggest IP (outside of Minecraft). You do not put that on your rival's console.

I am just hoping that ES6 isn't a Fallout 4/Starfield situation and is Skyrim tier (aka GOATED).

Bernoulli

M2 slut
What does an Xbox exclusive mean? If I want to play the game I am forced to buy an Xbox? That’s not the case with Xbox games at all…
Xbox is expected to jump into next gen 2 years early to have an advantage like the 360 days
To do that they'll need games and this could be exclusive to that next gen xbox then comes out a year later to PC and Xbox Series old

Svejk

I thought this was a given....

Only other outlet I could see would have something to do with streaming, seeing as it's tech should be more advanced when this releases in 2030.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom