• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind |OT| Why walk when you can ride?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Interesting that they're putting Clockwork City behind the Morrowind wall.... good incentive to jump aboard I guess.

I got the Digital Collector's Upgrade today for $50 from GMG, stoked! Half way through the Molag Bal quest, or further hard to say, and really digging it: looking forward to Morrowind. ESO+ is a great deal IMO, that crafting bag and the DLC plus the crowns and bufffs...pretty amazing for $15 if you ask me!

I'll ask again since, new page and such, any good GAF guilds active at the moment?

Interesting that they're putting Clockwork City behind the Morrowind wall.... good incentive to jump aboard I guess.

I got the Digital Collector's Upgrade today for $50 from GMG, stoked! Half way through the Molag Bal quest, or further hard to say, and really digging it: looking forward to Morrowind. ESO+ is a great deal IMO, that crafting bag and the DLC plus the crowns and bufffs...pretty amazing for $15 if you ask me!

I'll ask again since, new page and such, any good GAF guilds active at the moment?

Not at the moment on PC, I think. Reddit has a really good guild subreddit though (and I think their own guild too).

EDIT:

Also, I think the only new features locked behind Morrowind are the battlegrounds.

For example, "Clockwork City is a standard DLC game pack and does not require the user to have purchased Morrowind. "

Kemal86

Clockwork City does *not* require Morrowind.

Cruxist

So, can someone help me understand the content available for this game? I'm looking at the PS4 version, and there are a bunch of ways to buy the game, but it also looks like there are additional expansion packs that I can only buy inside the game client itself?

I assume I'd want to buy the $60 ESO: Morrowind client. That gets me the base game and the Morrowind expansion, right?

So what else is available inside the game and how much does it cost? I've been trying to research this, but I'm super confused, it shows prices in credits, etc... And I know you can buy a sub, but I'm really not looking to do that. What are the benefits of getting one, more in-game currency? Does that change a lot?

parabolee

So how is this best played? Starting fresh with a new character or bringing an existing character into Morrowind?

Would prefer to keep my character but if the experience is better with a new one I will strongly consider doing that.

Thanks

So, can someone help me understand the content available for this game? I'm looking at the PS4 version, and there are a bunch of ways to buy the game, but it also looks like there are additional expansion packs that I can only buy inside the game client itself?

I assume I'd want to buy the $60 ESO: Morrowind client. That gets me the base game and the Morrowind expansion, right?

So what else is available inside the game and how much does it cost? I've been trying to research this, but I'm super confused, it shows prices in credits, etc... And I know you can buy a sub, but I'm really not looking to do that. What are the benefits of getting one, more in-game currency? Does that change a lot?

Let me try to answer:

- To play Morrowind you need the base cliente. The 60$ ESO Morrowind is the basic
- To buy the DLC expansions you need Crowns, you can buy Crowns with money, but you can't buy the DLC with money.
- The ESO Plus subscription give a lot of stuff including access to all the DLC

Maybesew

So I want to level up mage guild, but it seems to be slow due to having to find books. Is there somewhere online that shows the book locations in VVarvendell? most sites i found only have the other regions.

Redshirt

Banned
So I want to level up mage guild, but it seems to be slow due to having to find books. Is there somewhere online that shows the book locations in VVarvendell? most sites i found only have the other regions.

I'm guessing you're not on PC since the Lorebooks addon is already updated for Vvardenfell?

Redshirt

Banned

cjCkdgm.jpg

So how is this best played? Starting fresh with a new character or bringing an existing character into Morrowind?

Would prefer to keep my character but if the experience is better with a new one I will strongly consider doing that.

Thanks

The only thing you're missing out on is the new tutorial. Other than that, bring your existing toon in.

Redshirt

Banned
Destinations, Quest Map, LoreBooks, Lost Treasure and Skyshards are probably the big ones for new players to avoid backtracking.

Esoui.com is the site most people use. Minion is the app.

stn

Ok so, got the game on launch. Two years later I'm finally really digging in. Just wondering: is it possible now to do quests with a friend of mine? If he gets the game and I invite him into my party, can we roam and do quests together? Lastly, how easy is to get the Daedric armor? I'm currently on chapter 2 of the story, planning to finish it and then join a guild. Does anyone on XBox want an extra friend? Looking to group up with some people here. Is there perhaps a Discord?

Thanks!

Redshirt

Banned
Yes. You can quest together.

Daedric armor is crafted in ESO. The motif is cheap to buy in gold, and most crafters have it, so it's pretty easy to get.

Ok so, got the game on launch. Two years later I'm finally really digging in. Just wondering: is it possible now to do quests with a friend of mine? If he gets the game and I invite him into my party, can we roam and do quests together? Lastly, how easy is to get the Daedric armor? I'm currently on chapter 2 of the story, planning to finish it and then join a guild. Does anyone on XBox want an extra friend? Looking to group up with some people here. Is there perhaps a Discord?

Thanks!

The one caveat to add is that the Main Story missions and Guild Missions (e.g., Mages Guild, Thieves Guild) are solo quests and will be marked as such.

The great thing about One Tamriel, though, is that you can hop into your buddies starting zone and do those quests with him (if you haven't already) and be receiving equivalent exp and gear.

Blablurn

Quick question: The used edition of Tamriel Unlimited is like 5 bucks here in China. Will I be able to play the normal game with it? Or do I need a code or anything to get started?

Seems pretty cheap or a MMORPG.

Can anyone give me some beginner tips? Bought the game on PS4 yesterday and jumped on for a bit as a Warden. Looking to do a Magicka build but not finding many quests in Vvardenfell so after hours of playing I gained one level.

Also loot is hard to come by seemingly, haven't found any light armour at all!

B-Dex

Can anyone give me some beginner tips? Bought the game on PS4 yesterday and jumped on for a bit as a Warden. Looking to do a Magicka build but not finding many quests in Vvardenfell so after hours of playing I gained one level.

Black triangles are available quests on the compas. There's tons of quests. I would stick to the main quest for a bit.

SRTtoZ

Tons of quests! On your top compass the black triangles are nearby quests you can grab and the white ones are the waypoints for your current quest. Also once you hit level 10-15 you can queue for Dungeons which are great XP, have quests inside them and shower you in loot. Use the dungeon finder queue tool in game to do that.

Hellers

Top tip for anyone new. If you're looking for quests pull up the map. Pick a point on the map that looks like it might have something there (And second top tip. Almost every chunk of map has at least one quest chain linked to it), head there and when you get near you'll see a quest giver black triangle appear on the compass (Or someone will run up shouting for help).

Back in the day when levels mattered the general advice was to explore because you've almost certainly missed some quests. The game leads you down a quest chain in a zone but if you follow that slavishly you'll miss loads.

Redshirt

Banned
https://www.lonewolfhelp.com/ is a great starter guild run by Miss Bizz, a really cool ESO/Twitch/YouTuber.

Newbie-friendly. Most events are based around Mountain Time, but even if you're in AUS you can get someone to make you training gear, help with world bosses, answers your questions and so on.

Easy to get an invite in-game (or via the website or ESO general forums) since every LWH member can invite.

It started as a PC guild, but I'm pretty sure they have a Xbox and PS4 guild now too.

Get in LWH or another newbie-friendly guild and get someone to make you training gear.

Training gear for low-levels is relatively cheap to make, so as a long as person has the time, most don't mind doing it.

Newbie jewelry can be purchased at most mage guilds if you need to fill a slot or two until RNGesus blesses you.

Quick question: The used edition of Tamriel Unlimited is like 5 bucks here in China. Will I be able to play the normal game with it? Or do I need a code or anything to get started?

Seems pretty cheap or a MMORPG.

That doesn't sound right.

I own it on Steam, but I'm pretty sure physical PC copies are CD-key-based and can't be resold.

Long, but good guide that was recently updated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHZF9PLlAOQ

other things have been echoed in here, Primarily: glowing black triangles are NEW quests; black triangles are current objectives for a quest you already have; a white triangle is an objective for a quest you are currently tracking (press RIGHT on d-pad to cycle the current tracked quest).

There should be tons of quests.

The main storyline is around 7-8 hours. There is also other long quest chain which took me 4-5 hours.

Thanks, sounds a bit on the short side but I'll give it a try.

Still unsure whether to start Morrowind on my templar (CP 83) or start with a warden.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Where to go after finishing quest lines in Vvardenfell (unless I'm missing something major)? I'm around level 18. Should I join a guild? What is a good level to start queing up for dungeons and/or pvp?

Where to go after finishing quest lines in Vvardenfell (unless I'm missing something major)? I'm around level 18. Should I join a guild? What is a good level to start queing up for dungeons and/or pvp?

you can go anywhere. What Faction are you?

Also, yes, join at least the 3 main guilds right now: Mages, Fighters, and Undaunted.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
you can go anywhere. What Faction are you?

Also, yes, join at least the 3 main guilds right now: Mages, Fighters, and Undaunted.

I am Daggerfall Covenant. I wasn't sure if there is a main story for the main game and where it begins. Sounds like it doesn't matter!

OmegaDL50

I have been reading some criticisms that Morrowind is a bit brighter and not as bleak as the original ESIII game.

However wouldn't this be explained due to the fact that ESO Morrowind takes place 700 years before events of the Nerevarine, meaning not as much time for the Volcano ash storms from Red Mountain to dust the landscape. Nevermind the effect of the blight itself as a result of Dagoth Ur.

I am Daggerfall Covenant. I wasn't sure if there is a main story for the main game and where it begins. Sounds like it doesn't matter!

There is a main story. Go to any of the starter regions and a "mysterious stranger" will visit you.

My suggestion for DC is to go: Stros M'Kai > Betnikh > Glenumbra

You can also just jump straight to Glenumbra if you'd like. You can wayshrine to any of those I believe.

Hellers

There is a main story. Go to any of the starter regions and a "mysterious stranger" will visit you.

My suggestion for DC is to go: Stros M'Kai > Betnikh > Glenumbra

You can also just jump straight to Glenumbra if you'd like. You can wayshrine to any of those I believe.

If he follows the mysterious stranger quest he'll be at Stros M'Kai when he leaves Coldharbour.

Woorloog

Banned
Thinking about getting back to ESO.

Trying to figure out a class to play and... Never realized what a mess this game's mechanics are.

Damage scaling with resource is rather counter-intuitive and limiting. Looks like there are two effective playstyles:
You either put points into Stamina, use a physical weapon and its skills (and some of the rare Stamina-morph spells), and pick only utility spells otherwise to use Magicka
OR
you put points into Magicka, use class spells and your weapons are basically just stat sticks, and Stamina goes basically unused.

Seems like true spellsword playstyle isn't really viable (physical weapon + direct offensive magic) because splitting points between Magicka and Stamina (and Health) leads to master-of-none situation.
(Not to mention the game lacks viable "only one 1h weapon and spells" style, though outside Oblivion and modded Morrowind, this has never been an effective style in Elder Scrolls games so i guess Online just continues the tradition.)

Redshirt

Banned
1H + spells has been datamined, so it's presumed to be coming at some point.

This is part of the reason why I've enjoyed the stamina Warden so much. I think every spell has a stamina morph, which makes him as close to a spellsword-style build as ESO has had.

Hawk269

Is that the complete map for the Morrowind expansion? It does not seem that big, especially when you compare it to other zones in the game. It has been a while, but I remember Morrowind being massive in size, that shot of the map seems like it is only a portion, but again it has been while.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is that the complete map for the Morrowind expansion? It does not seem that big, especially when you compare it to other zones in the game. It has been a while, but I remember Morrowind being massive in size, that shot of the map seems like it is only a portion, but again it has been while.

Morrowind felt a lot bigger than it actually was because A. no mounts, and B. your normal walking speed was slightly faster than an elderly sloth. So basically everything felt way further apart than it actually was.

Woorloog

Banned
Another thing about Morrowind is that the fog (ie limited draw distance) hid the smallness of the island. One reason i've never cared for distant land mod in Morrowind. Distances feel longer when you can't see your destination until you're very near.

Frankly, i love the fog in Morrowind. In addition to masking distances, it makes the place feel more mysterious.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Another thing about Morrowind is that the fog (ie limited draw distance) hid the smallness of the island. One reason i've never cared for distant land mod in Morrowind. Distances feel longer when you can't see your destination until you're very near.

Frankly, i love the fog in Morrowind. In addition to masking distances, it makes the place feel more mysterious.

Can't you straight up see Vivec from Seyda Neen with that distant land mod?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Any updated guides for great, viable, solo Templar builds?
I've been following one from Deltia, I think, and it's been alright, but it hasn't been updated to account for recent champion point changes and I just don't feel like it's keeping up with other players my level. Going by the way I see some folks clean up public dungeons in ways I can't hope to approach.

Redshirt

Banned
Any updated guides for great, viable, solo Templar builds?
I've been following one from Deltia, I think, and it's been alright, but it hasn't been updated to account for recent champion point changes and I just don't feel like it's keeping up with other players my level. Going by the way I see some folks clean up public dungeons in ways I can't hope to approach.

This is a good build with armor and weapon (dw vs staffs) options.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-build-pve/

Top Bottom