• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 PC performance thread

I didn't have any trouble with it, no clue why it was different for you.

And I liked the game.... save for the fact that I liked the first game WAY better.

The first game is scarier and more intense, 2 has its moments but it lacks the variety in locales that you visit, you spend the majority of 2 in the same two small town environments and bland concrete hallways with not a whole lot beyond that.

It needed more moments like when you're in the mind of the serial killer photographer and it goes all Twin Peaks on you, I also hated how the zombies (or whatever the specific term is) looked in this one, remember how dang cool so many of the designs in the first game were and the great variety? Well in 2 it's mostly just normal people with lumpy stuff all over them, meh.

I get the feeling 2 didn't have a very big budget since the first game wasn't a huge hit, so they had to sacrifice size in order to get graphics on par with other current gen titles (which it is a good looking game at least)

Hopefully there will be a third game that will be a return to form.

ruvikx

Banned
just wanted to get stable fps cuz fps keep droping whenever i move or shoot which is unplayable even on low setting,but others with 1060 can get 40-60 fps while i cant get 35 on low setting

I can get 75fps & still feel microstutter in exterior locations - even when the framerate appears solid. 30 fps on PC (I tried it) was simply unplayable & felt far, far worse than the 30fps I played on the PS4 version last year. So, unfortunately I don't believe any better hardware would fix this game, i.e. it's a mess.

It's possible the game doesn't agree with the latest drivers or something.

In which case I'm glad I played it when it was first released.

Last edited:

masmur

Neo Member
I can get 75fps & still feel microstutter in exterior locations - even when the framerate appears solid. 30 fps on PC (I tried it) was simply unplayable & felt far, far worse than the 30fps I played on the PS4 version last year. So, unfortunately I don't believe any better hardware would fix this game, i.e. it's a mess.
Agreed but still wanted to finish the game , since is saw someone on this post having the same problem but he was using gtx 1080 and he somehow fixed it but i cant

ruvikx

Banned

So I revisited this game & attempted to get it to run smoothly. I searched online for solutions, downloaded nvidia inspector after reading about a possible fix (pointless in this case) & did the one thing that worked: I turned off v-sync in the actual nvidia control panel on the pc & watched my fps (1080p ultra settings, with only the motion blur options disabled) skyrocket into 80's & 90's (with my GTX 1080 & i7 8700 cpu). I capped that in the in-game options at 60 fps & voilà, it's now smooth as butter in open areas & I only see very rare stutters (easily ignorable, even for someone usually picky, which I am).

I hope this could work for others here as well. Because once the stutter issue is fixed, this game looks very good.

Top Bottom