• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within- New gameplay details

Majanew

Banned
Black bars are terrible. That and what looks to be an aggressive noise filter in the screens means this game is going to irritate me.

I bought a wide screen TV for a reason black bars disgust me.

Everything else sounds pretty standard for survival horror

I agree.

I don't agree.

I think it can work.

I don't know man. I liked hearing stuff like this while playing RE-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEdCZDPuweA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E8D4y7xUBI&list=PL9DEECC49EFB485F9&index=4

It really sets the mood. I understand the idea of having no music while you roam the asylum hallways. But nothings beats a well made track.

Would halloween be as scary without this music?-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq6pekM6sZQ

Man

The game is designed to be in cinematic widescreen and so, when you have the game set in normal 16:9 ratio, black bars will appear on the screen.
Horrible decision.

popyea

Minimal sound sounds good. I like the idea of there being so little sound that you stop walking anytime you hear something other than your own footsteps.

BadWolf

So far so good, really sounds like they are thinking a lot about what they are doing and trying to avoid various pitfalls as much as possible.

Exeunt

Psycho Break sounds like an M. Bison move.

It's apparently a possible translation of the Japanese name for Psystrike in Pokémon, so it's got that going for it.

Anyway, this is sounding interesting so far. I like the idea of an "alerted state" that should add to the tension when you know enemies are around, but not where—the sound design sounds intriguing for the same reason. I'm interested to see how all the different trap-laying elements shape up, since the game's apparently much less action-oriented than Resident Evil 4. It still has chainsaws though, apparently. Oh man. Chainsaws.

So happy he's avoiding the screamy "run away from danger, woe is me I'm losin mah mind" character archetype. There's nothing that bothers me more in horror movies than scared protagonists the whole way through. Eventually you'll get numb to it and either go into a catatonic state, or get into another gear and kick ass. I'd rather play with character #2.

As for the widescreen stuff, I'll be fine with it as long as whatever HUD and text shown is displayed properly keeping in mind that 16:9 screens will be letterboxed.

I can't even express my excitement for this game. Really promising stuff about the protag and his partner. Sounds like they'll become some sort of clever bad ass team instead of sobbing in the corner shooting as the zombies come at them stereotypes;

Mikami steals the most talented composer in the industry away from Grasshopper, where he was composing some fantastic stuff, and puts him on a game with next to no music. Brilliant.

ahm998

I just saw new scan wow this game awesome .

By the way I will get it on ps4 if wii u not release it.

First time I notice mikami-San no giving Nintendo love :(

Top Bottom