• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expanse |S1| Ubiquitous. Mendacious. Polyglottal. Like a couple of donkey balls.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I was coming just to post the region free trailer.

I'm shocking by how spoiler-less it was. I'm also all too glad Thomas Jane kept his awful hair intact for the new season. Rock on.

jett

D-Member
Finished binging this show on Netflix.

The pace was a little off and it's nothing super great, but I enjoyed it. There aren't many other ( or any) quality space shows out there, and this one is well-made. Looking forward to S2.

lt519

The premiere of S2 has been pushed up to February 1st.

Edit: 2hr premiere, as well.

Woohoo! Can't wait, might have to rewatch a few episodes leading up to it.

Feel like they dropped the ball a bit on this not getting it onto Netflix or Amazon Prime in the US.

Also book 6, Babylon's Ashes in 4 days!

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Woohoo! Can't wait, might have to rewatch a few episodes leading up to it.

Feel like they dropped the ball a bit on this not getting it onto Netflix or Amazon Prime in the US.

Also book 6, Babylon's Ashes in 4 days!

A store here in Sweden broke street date about a week ago, but I want it on Kindle so I have to wait :(

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Going to go to SF-Bokhandeln to grab a copy during lunch actually :)

That's the store I was talking about! Nice!

Akademibokhandeln also regularly breaks street date. I think I got the latest GRRM a week before the official release.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The premiere of S2 has been pushed up to February 1st.

Edit: 2hr premiere, as well.

Neat. I love long premieres. Maybe even more than long finales.

Netflix launched a few months ago in Spain and they recently added The Expanse to its library, so here's hoping they bring S2 with the quickness.

Paganmoon

Neat. I love long premieres. Maybe even more than long finales.

Netflix launched a few months ago in Spain and they recently added The Expanse to its library, so here's hoping they bring S2 with the quickness.

There seems to be mixed messaging with regards to S2 and Netflix. Read that it would get released WW (minus US/Canada) on Netflix, as they are aired in the US, then also read that it was unclear if their current deal included S2 or not.

Thing is, Netflix has added a "Netflix original programing" prior to the episodes, which would suggest, they're going to do it as they've done a few other "standard TV" shows, like Orphan Black (Episodes get uploaded as they air).

Moff

Better call saul was on netflix europe as well as soon as it aired. Would be fantastic if they did that with the expanse.

Rolfgang

I watched it in two days on Netflix and, oh boy, this show is awesome! I loved how all the pieces of the puzzle slowly started to fall in place and most of the characters are really interesting, especially Miller and Amos. For sure one of my favorite currently running shows, next to Peaky Blinders and Black Sails.

Lyng

I watched it in two days on Netflix and, oh boy, this show is awesome! I loved how all the pieces of the puzzle slowly started to fall in place and most of the characters are really interesting, especially Miller and Amos. For sure one of my favorite currently running shows, next to Peaky Blinders and Black Sails.

Same here. Really great scifi show.

suzu

I wish this was available on Netflix in NA. Glad people are enjoying the show though.

Also can't wait for the new book~

Aiii

So not worth it
Already preorder the book on Audible, cannot wait to start it.

Next time when I post several messages urging you guys to watch a show, Ralph, maybe you shouldn't ignore me and wait a whole damn year ffs.

Rolfgang

Next time when I post several messages urging you guys to watch a show, Ralph, maybe you shouldn't ignore me and wait a whole damn year ffs.

You shouldn't recommend so much stuff, we can't keep up man!

Anyways, time to order some books.

Shieeeeeeet. I need to finish Rogue One Catalyst ASAP.
hah, I was in the same boat. I finished Catalyst on the drive to work this morning and will be starting Babylon's Ashes on the drive home.

I'm so excited to finally dive back into the Expanse world.

Moff

doesn't look like it got an increased budget.

still super excited, though, of course. first season was probably better than the source material and I am excited to see how they keep mixing the timelines up.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bobbie is perfect.

Started the latest book, already replacing the people I imagined with the people from the show. Not sure I'm happy about that, but what else would my mind do?

suzu

Bobbie is perfect.

Started the latest book, already replacing the people I imagined with the people from the show. Not sure I'm happy about that, but what else would my mind do?

Kinda same, but whenever they mention something about a person's looks.. my brain goes back to my original images. Mostly with the belters, since they are so different.

Finally got around to watching this last week, went in completely blind expecting it to be, well, typical Syfy trash. Couldn't have been more wrong. It's exactly what's been missing from TV for a long time. The story's got me hooked, the crew are all really interesting characters and I can't wait to see where it goes. And season 2 is right around the corner!

Was very happy to see Thomas Jane in this too, love him in everything I've seen him in.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I love how Thomas Jane's chest hair game is as out of control as his head's.

bzf67CB.gif

lt519

anyone got their hands on book 6, yet? how is it?
or is there another thread to discuss the books?

I'm starting it and its pretty enjoyable so far, bit disjointed but it is super early on. Man I forgot how dirty
Avasarala
can be. Legit laughing at
some of the back and forth she was having with Amos.

DieH@rd

Banned
I've been listening to Leviathan's Wake on Audible. I'm surprised at how faithful the series is to the books.

Some things are reshuffled [even took advantage of chars/events from book 2], but overall they did a great job on TV.

had no idea this got delayed to february :<

There was no delay for Season 2. It actually got pushed back few days to air earlier.

Aiii

So not worth it
I've been listening to Leviathan's Wake on Audible. I'm surprised at how faithful the series is to the books.

Once you get into the rest of the series, beware that they change the narrator for book 4 (allegedly because Jefferson Mays wasn't available) and he's god awful. Mays is back for book 5.

I sincerely hope they re-record the fourth book some day.

lt519

S1 is up on Amazon Prime Video now

lt519 - are you going to do the S2 OT? It wouldn't go up until early February, but I wanted to see if you were interested.

Would definitely be interested if nobody else felt strongly about making it, I know Jeff was interested but got tied up last year. I think the more people involved the more fun it is, so I'd be happy to step aside. If not I'd be happy to have some help with some graphics (so I'm not just pulling promo art), recaps, etc.

More importantly what's the title going to be? Hard to beat the one we have now. Alex had his time to shine might have to consider Amos.

The Expanse S2 |OT| You guys look like shit

68f92rQ.gif

I just wanted a reason to post that gif

Plays on Eros, Phoebe, Proto, and Bobbie would all work well :)

Also holy shit book 6 reference to The Martian
ship from Mars called the Mark Watney

Top Bottom