• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Foo Fighters Rck Roll Westboro Baptist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicer

Banned
kraftwerk_1217286c.jpg

I like you...

Taborcarn

I have a 2 year old now, so I'm ok with Foo Fighters being dad rock. You darn kids can keep your Beibers and One Directions and so forth.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly thought since that hateful old fucker Fred Phelps died that the Westboro Baptist Church just kinda disappeared or stopped being as pro active with their nonsense. Guess I was wrong.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Paul Oakenfold, ATB, Sasha...

This post makes me feel old... :p (though lots of big DJs are 40+ including all the following).

If anything, "dad electronic" is more along the lines of Tangerine Dream, Jean-Michel Jarre, The Orb, Brian Eno... early ambient excursions and synth music... I have found that balearic trance/progressive (i.e. BT, Chicane, the ISOS series) was a big hit with the older generation, in the "this is pretty nice" rather than "get this pounding repetitive beat off!" way.

That must be what it means considering everything out right now is just house music with hand picked "stars" reading ghost written lyrics. Bring on the dad rock I guess.

Still would rather take the house music, myself ;)

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom