• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket OU National Weather Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

http://kfor.com/2015/09/29/controversial-westboro-baptist-church-plans-to-picket-ou-national-weather-center/

NORMAN, Okla. – The controversial Westboro Baptist Church announced Tuesday that they plan to picket the OU National Weather Center.

Around 400 environmental journalists from around the world will gather at OU for the 25th Annual Society of Environmental Journalists conference Oct. 7 through Oct. 11.

WBC announced on their Twitter page that on October 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., they will picket the “doomed” journalists and the Weather Center to “remind them that ONLY by God’s mercy and power do you gather intelligence on His weather.”

The controversial group says they plan to brings signs like, “God’s Wrath Revealed,” “God Hates The Media,” “Fa* Media Shame,” “God Hates Fa*-Enablers,” “Same Sex Marriage Dooms Nations,” and various forms of “God’s Fury” signs with cyclones, typhoons, tornadoes, and fires.

Typical disgusting tweets and fliers at the link. My mind is just all kinds of WTF on this one. I mean this is weather forecasters they're picketing now. You thought they couldn't get any crazier but I think they have managed to.

Damerman

http://kfor.com/2015/09/29/controversial-westboro-baptist-church-plans-to-picket-ou-national-weather-center/

Typical disgusting tweets and fliers at the link. My mind is just all kinds of WTF on this one. I mean this is weather forecasters they're picketing now. You thought they couldn't get any crazier but I think they have managed to.
They act like this because they think god is going to turn the US into sodom and gomorrah...

Religion is a hell of a drug.

Wait, their narrative is that gay people and their ability to get married cause global warming ?
Do these people want to burn meteorologists and various climate scientists for sorcery ?

I've seen fundamentalist Christians get upset over all forms of science but meteorology is a new one. Gotta hand it to them, at least they're keeping it fresh.

So, Newtonian physics next?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
lmao

I feel like they are joking around at this point. This is too funny.

I thought their entire business model is about trolling as hard as possible, goading people into attacking them and then suing to make money?

I've seen fundamentalist Christians get upset over all forms of science but meteorology is a new one. Gotta hand it to them, at least they're keeping it fresh.

So, Newtonian physics next?

God Hates
Svnif6p.png

Up next: Arby's Parking Lot

qPHr5z7.png

That congregation is one of the most toxic group of people in the religion. They're so incredibly misinformed and stubborn. It's amusing at times, but it's also quite sad.

MJPIA

The second wbc press release in that article is great
in a terrible sort of way
They even manage to throw a 'merica in there for good measure.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I thought they were all suppose to move to the Middle East because the rapture was going to happen? I remember seeing the documentary about their beliefs and all they do is brainwash their children.

pa22word

They're only gonna picket for an hour? My as well not even do it at all if your gonna do it half-assed.

It's oklahoma. If they did it longer than an hour they're likely to be shot.

National weather center is god around here with all the tornadoes we get, especially that close to moore (where the big one hit last time). Also, we have tons of guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom