• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
There's something awesome about seeing Lotus in Black and Gold back on the grid, but the livery is just a bit too busy, not a problem isolated to Lotus though either.

Come on McLaren, revive the old White & Red livery from the Marlboro days!

h3ro

There's something awesome about seeing Lotus in Black and Gold back on the grid, but the livery is just a bit too busy, not a problem isolated to Lotus though either.

I dunno, as much as I can't stand McLaren (hatred secondary to Kimi not having 2 more titles because of reliability), I really like the matte chrome style finish they have this year. It's just a little more matte than last years all out chrome look.

I doubt they'll ever go back to the Marlboro colors because the livery was designed to look like a pack of ciggs and isn't Ferrari still tied up with Phillip Morris?

Leunam

The nose is less extreme than the other three. So much so that it could pass for last years one of last years cars. Looks good.

Xun

I'm a bit worried about the McLaren now.

I'm sure they have it all worked out, but it's still unsettling.

Lucius86

Banned
I'm a bit worried about the McLaren now.

I'm sure they have it all worked out, but it's still unsettling.

I think what will determine it is the Red Bull car - if they have gone for an aggressive nose too, I too will be scared McLaren have made a poor design decision at the beginning of the seasons again.

h3ro

Is there a specific reason why I hate this Marko guy so much? Every time I see him or hear him talk, I want to to punch him badly.

Him and Horner are the main reasons I just can't stand RBR. Vettel and Webber are such a likeable duo but the higher ups at that team stink. Besides Newey.

Newey is a boss.

even though the MP4-18 was shit

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Him and Horner are the main reasons I just can't stand RBR. Vettel and Webber are such a likeable duo but the higher ups at that team stink. Besides Newey.

Newey is a boss.

even though the MP4-18 was shit
Marko I can understand, but why Horner? He's one of the more likeable teams bosses in F1.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Edmond Dantès;34860283 said:
Bit of a step down, but far less pressure than the colosseum of F1.

Usually there's an enforced gardening leave for a technical director when they quit a team so they don't take their work straight to their new team.

I wonder if the plan is for Key to join Lotus F1 Team and he's spending time on the LMP2 project whilst his no-compete time is worked through.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Usually there's an enforced gardening leave for a technical director when they quit a team so they don't take their work straight to their new team.
Yep, from 3 to 6 months. So they could just put him somewhere for that time and then transfer him to F1 department asap.

h3ro

Edmond Dantès;34860238 said:
Marko I can understand, but why Horner? He's one of the more likeable teams bosses in F1.

I dunno, he just come's across as very smug. Can't put my finger on it.

He's the opposite of Domecicalli who comes across like a genuinely nice guy that just wants to win.

Whitmarsh is cool too. I little too corporate, but I guess that fits the Macca MO.

mclaren777

If only!

ibb2Fg45YP7DL0.png

Shaneus

I dunno, he just come's across as very smug. Can't put my finger on it.

He's the opposite of Domecicalli who comes across like a genuinely nice guy that just wants to win.

Whitmarsh is cool too. I little too corporate, but I guess that fits the Macca MO.
I sort of agree. Seems nice but, well, I can't find a better word for it than "smug".

If only!

http://i.minus.com/ibb2Fg45YP7DL0.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
With a tweak of the livery, that would be so, so hot. McLaren need to do this.

Edmond Dantès;34867139 said:
And the fact that it's a cluttered mess with a dandruff shampoo and antiperspirant sponsorship.

At least they're still in gold. Even the little red dot of the "Japan Rags" sponsorship isn't that bad.

jey_16

Banned
I saw that white mclaren pic a while ago, it looks brilliant. They could do it as well considering the corporate colours of vodafone are red & white. Kind of sick of the chrome now

Would love to see Ferrari do a retro paint job with black wings one day as well.

The lotus is decent although the sponsor logos just look weird in the black and gold scheme....just doesn't work

Xun

I actually like the current colours, although it would be nice if it were to change a bit.

Also that mockup is quite nice, but I don't think the shade of red works.

Here's how I'd have it:

ToG9L.jpg

I know it's not much, but I think it works better.

Adamm

Its strange that sponsorships these days dont change the whole livery like back in the tabacco days.
Cars now have a set livery & will fit the sponsors round it, id love for some one like t-mobile to come in want a pink and white car or something.

Why doesnt that happen any more? Does no sponsor offer enough money?

S. L.

super excited for testing.
will be interesting to see how well ferrari will fare.
last season they did quite well wen the ebd was banned for one race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom