• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

xptoxyz

A good option, some of the main problems I might see.

Bernie's over aggressive negotiation sucking them dry, as per usual.

Not in a generally high population area. This is not the biggest problem, people drive to other GPs as well.

Biggest concern as far as live attendance, with F1 ticket prices, I don't know if in the state of the economy in a country like Portugal if the general public will be able to afford it. Also I'd say F1 viewership must be quite low there for some years now, as it moved to pay TV.
They could still get away with it maybe, being the year of the event returning after so long.

Shaneus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiF2n0WrGWk

McLaren car reveal trailer. A high nose, interesting.
This made me LOL:
TSMOjZx.png

PS. Checo and Button is still a REALLY weird driver combination :/

nny

Holy crap, Portugal has applied to host a race this year (New Jersey has left a spot open). It would be great to have F1 back here after so long, even if it's just for a year!

NHale

Holy crap, Portugal has applied to host a race this year (New Jersey has left a spot open). It would be great to have F1 back here after so long, even if it's just for a year!

I hope not.

If Hockenheim and Nurburgring can't profit from having races there despite a huge F1 crowd and solid economy, I can't imagine the complete financial failure it would be to have a race here while unemployment keeps going up and salaries going down.

I'm sorry but while I love F1, I couldn't care less about hosting F1. Bigger things to worry than to pay a fortune to Bernie Ecclestone. and the "private investment" is always lie. Everyone knows Turismo of Algarve would end up paying for this, like many times before...

Niki Lauda And The Brawn/Lowe Saga At Mercedes

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/cooper-niki-lauda-and-the-brawn-lowe-saga-at-mercedes/

Wolff owns 30 percent of the F1 team, and Lauda has 10 percent – the rest still belongs to Daimler. It’s hard to imagine that Lauda paid cash for his share, but it’s worth noting that the 40 percent he splits with Wolff was previously in the hands of Aabar, the Abu Dhabi investment company whose cap Lauda has been wearing of late. And his cap has been Niki’s greatest single asset since 1976.

the Mercedes GP board currently contains just two members – Lauda and road car R&D chief Tomas Weber, who came in with Haug et al in December 2009.

At that stage, the board had six members, and since then there’s been a revolving door of people coming and going, legal and financial boffins, many of them with Aabar connections. Now there are just the two members, an unusual state of affairs for a company with a turnover in the $200m range.

Presumably, the paperwork relating to Wolff’s appointment is in the mail, but for the moment officially – publicly – the board is just Lauda and Weber. At least the tea and biscuit bill for their meetings must be modest. And the voting process fairly straightforward.

nikilauda_jaguar_2002.jpg

Looks like the front of the car is not on the floor. I'd imagine this makes the nose look much higher than it would otherwise.

Yeah that's what it looks like to me as well. Seems like a strange mislead, maybe they are going to emphasize something new and dramatic at the reveal. Or they are just screwing with everyone!

Lach

Guys! Guys! Guys! We've done it! We've survived those two months of hardly anything intersting going on in F1 (well except that shake up at Mercedes).
Tomorrow Lotus start a week of constant car launches and next week the first of the pre season tests start!

WELCOME BACK F1!

Wow...

The chances of the Valencia street circuit ever returning have been dealt a blow with news that the track is a state of disrepair.

Valencia joined the Formula One calendar back in 2008 but dropped off the calendar after last year's race due to the cost of hosting a Formula One grand prix.

And although there are no plans to return to Valencia any time soon, any chance of that happening in the future have been quashed by reports that the venue in a sorry state.

According to Spanish daily Marca, a video of the venue shows missing wiring and flooded access tunnels. Added to that "a bridge that cost two million [is] now only used by vagrants to spend the night.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/8445764/-Valencia-circuit-in-disrepair-

Top Bottom