• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Addnan

Why do Sky and BBC constantly ask about Paul di Resta's driving options as if he's worthy of some big leap up the grid like Hulkenberg?

BBC are asking Whitmarsh about him and you can see him going 'er... why should we give a shit about di Resta?'.

British driver, British channel?

Why do Sky and BBC constantly ask about Paul di Resta's driving options as if he's worthy of some big leap up the grid like Hulkenberg?
Local interest. Same reason Chilton ever gets a mention.

BBC are asking Whitmarsh about him and you can see him going 'er... why should we give a shit about di Resta?'.

Because they get their engines from Mercedes, and di Resta has long been a Mercedes-backed driver. There's a chance there's a conflict there, as Eddie mentioned earlier in the weekend, so they tried to doorstep Whitmarsh with it to get an awkward reaction. It was successful.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Largely driving un-contested no less! Still, good effort.

Well, he was fightning with his Marussia all the time :p

Let's check constructors points for 2012 vs 2013 season

RBR 460 | 596
Merc 142 | 360
Ferrari 400 | 354
Lotus 303 | 315
Mclaren 378 | 122 (ouch)
Force I. 109 | 77
Sauber 126 | 57
STR 26 | 33
Williams 76 | 5 (ouch ouch)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
lets go March, get your spring ass on over here!

It will be interesting before March, I think that we will have pretty unpleasant reveals on the beginning of January and quite interesting winter testing, starting on 28th of January in Jerez :)

di Resta is finished in F1.

No Mercedes backing
McLaren helping Perez get a drive
Force India in debt and owe McLaren millions
Perez with $10M sponsorship
The rumoured Perez to Lotus announcement not happening
Mystic Ed saying Perez will join The Hulk at Force India

It's over for misery guts.

Random facts:

- Vettel's points alone could have secured the constructor title for RedBull
- Vettel could have sat out the first 8 races of the season and still win the drivers title

A magical season for Vettel and Red Bull.

Good for Mark to leave when he felt he was starting to slow down and mentally not in it. I've never been a huge fan but I do respect him.

Next season will be interesting to say the least however the elite teams will figure it out. Those expecting Red Bull to not be competitive should probably reset their expectations.

Looking forward now to seeing the driver shuffle finalize so we can have a proper offseason thread.

Massa

Nice one from Ferrari early before the race:

ib2apN5wV4spWN.gif

dubc35

Some teams over revving their engines as a final farewell to the V8 era, hopefully some vids show up. Some pics on caterham's twitter (on phone now so can't easily link it).

DD

Who is this idiot? They grabbed whoever with an arse and leather pants?

"Biography

Glenda was born on July 9, 1974, in Rio de Janeiro. Her passion for sports began during childhood, with the encouragement of her father. Her father had refused to buy her a bodyboard, and a friend of her father's went to the first store and purchased a 7.7 boogie board. At this very first contest, Glenda placed second, and from then on, it was victory after victory. At that time, she came to practice judo, volleyball and tennis. Aged 10, started surfing at the beach of Barra, in Rio. Shortly thereafter, she attended the championships brand.[1][2] In 1989 she won her first world title at Sandy Beach in Hawaii, the amateur bodyboarding championship. As a professional athlete, Glenda Kozlowski was four times world champion, won five Brazilian titles, two Americans and three Australians."​
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenda_Kozlowski

She's also a TV host, and a very good one! The poor girl was just nervous, having to speak in english to the whole world. Sebastian didn't helped her either.

pants

I think I was the only one really trying to play (I did miss one prediction due to work though) so even as I win, I lose lol :(

Top Bottom