• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

20543o8fwqry.jpg

Webber lost 29 positions afer the first lap this season... ouch.

Zeknurn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25038825

Caterham are considering Swedish novice Marcus Ericsson as one of their drivers in Formula 1 next season.
The 23-year-old, who finished sixth in the GP2 feeder series this season, is one of a number of drivers on a short-list for the back-of-the-grid team.
Among the others are their 2013 drivers Frenchman Charles Pic, Dutchman Giedo Van Der Garde and the team's reserve man, Finn Heikki Kovalainen.
Caterham's decision will be influenced by how much money a driver can provide.

It would be great to see him get a seat in F1. He deserves a shot after some good performances in GP2 this season.

But as FCW puts it, his chance is probably slim.
@charlie_whiting: I don’t understand this. Marcus Ericsson isn’t the son of a CEO or politically connected Dad. What’s going on? This isn’t #F1.

dubc35

Does GRO bring any money to Lotus? I guess if they need money MAL and PER would be good choices. They'll probably move to my least liked team, not that they care, lol.

Addnan

Does GRO bring any money to Lotus? I guess if they need money MAL and PER would be good choices. They'll probably move to my least liked team, not that they care, lol.

He brings some through Total.

Total and PDVSA are similar companies right? How would that work?

Goldrusher

Last race for Mark this weekend...

#mademymark

http://www.markwebber.com/off-the-track-news/wear-like-webbber/

To mark the end of an era Mark’s race helmet will feature a special design incorporating the #MadeMyMark logo…you may even spot Mark, along with various others, sporting special #MadeMyMark t-shirts in the F1 paddock too

These very same t-shirts are now available to purchase exclusively from the www.markwebber.com online shop – VISIT NOW to ensure you don’t miss out on this commemorative item as stock is limited.!

A lot of "looking back" blog entries too:

I really can't see Grosjean losing his seat after his performances in the second half of the season. The prize money he has brought in should be more than enough to secure his drive for next year.

Perez would make more sense than Maldonado, particularly as Total and PDVSA are essentially competing in the same marketplace. If Slim, or other Mexican backers, have guaranteed good money to Lotus then Perez is the more obvious choice.

Drivers market closing in now. Sutil heavily hinted that he'll continue at Force India next year, while Sauber seem set on hiring the young Russian guy, or if not, certainly a Russian driver for one of their two seats next year.

That leaves Di Resta, Maldonado and Hulkenberg competing for two seats. Hulkenberg to Force India, Maldonado to Sauber and Di Resta to IndyCar or DTM seems most likely.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that Perez would be safer investment, because his sponsoring money is far more stable than Maldonado's.

Massa

My uncle is working as a marshal this weekend. Pretty happy for him, he loves F1.

One year he could only get a ticket for Friday's practice (the guy who bought the the tickets would use them Sat and Sun). What did he do? Sleep in the restrooms, that's what.

Rumors around the PDVSA are out and probably Maldonado with with them. Though they may have to pay off the rest of the contract and Pastor might get a brief stay of execution.

Lach

Leaning towards Hulk getting fucked in these musical chairs.
n. It's a bit of a tricky situation for him as Sauber would probably sign him right away but he still has a shot at the Lotus seat. But if he waits too long the Sauber door may close as well.

I guess Sauber needs a decision soon as it's still a bit of a messy situation with the russians and Sirotkin still hasn't a super licence...

Rumours that Lotus have signed Perez on a two-year deal, announcement this weekend.

Maldonado and Perez with Grosjean out would be a travesty. Fuck Lotus!

This is the same team that fired Hick Heidfeld mid-season to replace him with Bruno Senna. Their Twitter is the only good thing about that team.

Wh4TVsH.jpg

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Brawn back to Ferrari is the rumour going around the pit lane this weekend.

Only got RBR got some useful tyre data today on the 2014 tyres.

Anyone see the amazing video of the Y-250 vortex generated by the RBR front wing. The vortex is absolutely amazing in its shape over the bodywork and stability. Really shows the Newey genius.

Mkshjgy.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Brawn back to Ferrari is the rumour going around the pit lane this weekend.

This one is going places since the first rumblings appeared about his departure from Mercedes. And Ferrari is first logical choice, but I do not think that he and LdM are on good terms again.

Bleh, I wish they had more wet tyres for practice. So little going on.

Edit: Good to see the boys at Mercedes putting their hearts and souls into their facebook pages...

1459863_616574538400835_347368287_n.jpg

Zeknurn

Did anyone grab a picture of the Oracle's 2014 driver line-up predictions?

I think he's spot on except for Marcus Ericsson. The last Caterham seat will go to whoever has the most money.

Ark

I'd be utterly shocked if Boullier replaces his own man after how much Grosjean has stepped up to the plate in this second half of the season.

TCRS

Banned
track is getting better and better. will be interesting at the end of Q3 with everyone trying to get out.

edit: or not. apparently rain is getting heavier.

Top Bottom