• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2022 |OT| It's Basically Our Oscars

I mean, good thing that little dude didn't attack anyone or worse. Security sucked really hard it seems. Should be a learning moment so this doesn't happen in the future.

Wait wtf lol

Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux

Doom85

Wait wtf lol

I mean, I guess that’s an arrest-worthy offense? Unless he actually had a weapon or something on him. Geezus.

Yeah, WTF is with security being shit this year on things I’m following? The podcast Trash Taste had a similar incident at a convention this year where some rando walked up and sat down next to them as they were doing their panel and started talking to them. Took a whole fucking minute for someone to finally get the guy away from them. Mind you, Trash Taste is one of the biggest podcasts on Youtube so the people who ran this convention were fucking idiots for not thinking they might need a security detail.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Seriously though, as a former corporate security guard, whoever is in charge of their security fucked up big time there. Even though the kid looks like a dumb resetter, there's no telling what kind of shit dumb kids are willing to pull on stage like that.

Edit:

what the fuck ....

lol

Pretty sure there's a near zero chance that From Software shows up for next year's event after that kid is allowed not only on stage, but to stay on stage. I'd imagine Japanese companies don't fuck around with stuff like that.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
At least everyone can now surely agree unanimously that Elden Ring is a great game right?

Right?

sncvsrtoip

Good show, amazing DS2 trailer, forbiden west dlc and ff16 looks great, also interested in cyberpunk dlc. Biggest disappointment tekken 8, game looks nowhere near as good as first trailer.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I'm late to the party... But knew it would be..
Get Ready Trailer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

What a dumb kid.. to pull that off. Unsure an arrest was warranted unless they found something on the kid.

That security was rented from McDonald's. He stood there the whole time.. no one got a clue.

Last edited:
Biggest disappointment is a literal no show by Microsoft Game Studios

They couldn’t even drop a new StarField trailer?

Like what is going on over there? No games in 2022 and hardly any games to
show in the future when thru have announced plenty of stuff that’s yet to release?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Just caught up. Agree with the majority. Elden Ring had this thing on lock since the day it came out, but Ragnarok was always gonna be a close second.

But indies got fucking ROBBED. I played every single thing nominated in indie and debut indie this year and Stray is handily the bottom of that pile. In a year with Vampire Survivors, Tunic, NORCO, Neon White, Cult of the Lamb and Sifu, Stray is a pretty bland on-rails game that happens to have a cat in it. It's not got 1/10th of the imagination of something like NORCO, it's not hooked the world like Vampire Survivors (should have won), not got the fluid gameplay of Neon White or Sifu. Nowhere near as bold as Tunic.

These awards are dumb, but at the very least I always hope the indie category pushes more people to playing good games, and they picked the singularly worst option this time. Shame.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Just caught up. Agree with the majority. Elden Ring had this thing on lock since the day it came out, but Ragnarok was always gonna be a close second.

But indies got fucking ROBBED. I played every single thing nominated in indie and debut indie this year and Stray is handily the bottom of that pile. In a year with Vampire Survivors, Tunic, NORCO, Neon White, Cult of the Lamb and Sifu, Stray is a pretty bland on-rails game that happens to have a cat in it. It's not got 1/10th of the imagination of something like NORCO, it's not hooked the world like Vampire Survivors (should have won), not got the fluid gameplay of Neon White or Sifu. Nowhere near as bold as Tunic.

These awards are dumb, but at the very least I always hope the indie category pushes more people to playing good games, and they picked the singularly worst option this time. Shame.
The 2 I had most issues with was indie game debut, and accessibility options, both of those were farces compared to thier competition.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Shubh_C63

Wow that was way better than expected and loved that people are situating game awards as our oscars because it always was.

Also that FROM SOFTWARE logo hits like a truck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom