• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian: The Last Guardian will be at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexad

9NV5XNd.gif

Believe

Life uh . . . finds a way

i'm listening in a new window.

49 mins gets me that talk about these psp games should be compatible with vita tv or something.

Yeah, when I first posted this in the E3 thread, I used the timestamp for iTunes. I figured it would be the same as the version posted on their site. It wasn't. Still dumbfounded at that, as I don't think one has more content than the other. Try around the 1:02:00 mark. That's where I heard it in iTunes.

Also, in the E3 thread, viveks86 mentioned this is the third different time they heard the rumor, so it must be going around. On the podcast, Glenn, the co-host, said he was aware of the rumor as well.

Yeah, when I first posted this in the E3 thread, I used the timestamp for iTunes. I figured it would be the same as the version posted on their site. It wasn't. Still dumbfounded at that, as I don't think one has more content than the other. Try around the 1:02:00 mark. That's where I heard it in iTunes.

yep just did. basically confirms that team ico members were allocated to help out other projects and now they're finishing up tlg.

yep just did. basically confirms that team ico members were allocated to help out other projects and now they're finishing up tlg.

It's funny how he tries to avoid saying Mark Cerny by only saying he worked on the architecture of PS4 and PS Vita. Ha. After the PS4 reveal, he became a video game rock star (especially here) because of that. That's too obvious a clue. Might as well just say his name outright.

viveks86

If it's based on a rumour then that gives me even less hope. The initial impression I got was that their own source provided them with this info

You are right though I'm probably overanalyzing it :p

Still don't really think we will see it

They might have a credible enough source, but it must be second hand info at the very least. And if they can't disclose the source, then breaking a big story on it will violate editorial guidelines.

Regardless, I think it might actually happen this time. Only time will tell

I've said this in the E3 thread, but does the Mark Cerny/TLG rumor deserve its own thread, or should it just be a side topic in a thread like this or the E3 one?

Arsenic

....where was I for the past 12 hours?

I uh, dare to believe this? I mean, like the rest of you, I've given up on this game. Here's a few things that comes to head:

Even IF the game is actually shown, will it be watered down or moved to a "lesser" platform (PSN indie, VITA, tech demo)?

Even IF the game is still in the same scope as the original concept, will it release in the near, reasonable future?

Or even IF it does release in the next year, will it be received as well as Bloodborne/Witcher 3, or more like The Order 1886/Duke Nukem?

Just because there's an announcement is made, unfortunately we still have a long way to go before we can say we got good news.

=(

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
What the fuck is it really happening?

Did I starve to death or something?
Is this the after life?

Next thing you know half life 3 will be getting announced.

I uh, dare to believe this? I mean, like the rest of you, I've given up on this game. Here's a few things that comes to head:

Even IF the game is actually shown, will it be watered down or moved to a "lesser" platform (PSN indie, VITA, tech demo)?

Even IF the game is still in the same scope as the original concept, will it release in the near, reasonable future?

Or even IF it does release in the next year, will it be received as well as Bloodborne/Witcher 3, or more like The Order 1886/Duke Nukem?

Just because there's an announcement is made, unfortunately we still have a long way to go before we can say we got good news.

=(

oh come on. you can say that last bit about any other unannounced or announced game. will it be good is such a copout. no one knows.

on the same note, it's the last part of the trilogy. past two games are classics and masterpieces. if those were forgettable shootbangs then 'will it be good' would probably have more weight. after ico and sotc though, there's no doubt this will he good.

S1kkZ

last year, when a similar rumor showed up, sony or shu yoshida shot it down and said its not happening in 2014. if he doesnt say something in the next few days, it could really happen.

So uh..update? Is it not there? Can't listen right now and you are the first to say it's not.

They haven't hyped it before based on rumors? Then again, they don't go that in depth. So who knows. Guardian is reputable, but they don't specialize in breaking games news and have never been a source for breaking game news.

I still hope Shu gets out ahead of this and just says NOPE it won't be there.

I hope there is no need to to do that.

TrutaS

I really want to see what the PS4 allows the creature to look like. It was already so good they might just invest the extra power on the environments (which were pretty lacking).

I am already thinking of the game as being confirmed... I am going to be so disappointed...

=(

Kind of worried this might be a Versus type re reveal, yay new trailer and scenes, oh guess what you won't be playing it for a couple years anyway. Still better than canceled or continual no shows :/

=(

PS4

Q4 2015

9.5+

WytZsN3.gif

Arsenic

oh come on. you can say that last bit about any other unannounced or announced game. will it be good is such a copout. no one knows.

on the same note, it's the last part of the trilogy. past two games are classics and masterpieces. if those were forgettable shootbangs then 'will it be good' would probably have more weight. after ico and sotc though, there's no doubt this will he good.

You're right, that can be said about any game, but for this one in particular, the expectations are extremely high. It's based on two games, the last which came out almost a decade ago. Times have changed in the industry, and so has Team ICO, and that's the part that worries me most.

Even if it gets high scores and the yada, if this game doesn't make me trap myself in a dark corner crying and thinking about my life after reaching the end, then I will consider this game a failure (rather, my life a failure). That's my ridiculously high expectations, entirely based on those very two games.

Fuck, now you got me hyped again.

PS4

Q4 2015

9.5+

WytZsN3.gif

The irony is, that GIF is probably as old as SOTC, yet will be never more relevant if TLG achieves those goals

BashNasty

Too much threads and rumors for this to be true.
Someone is building all this for ultimate meltdown, a conspiracy.

Nah, the timing is right. The Last Guardian will be the final reveal at Sony's press conference and the slated release will be first half 2016.

The game was never cancelled, it's going to happen.

You're right, that can be said about any game, but for this one in particular, the expectations are extremely high. It's based on two games, the last which came out almost a decade ago. Times have changed in the industry, and so has Team ICO, and that's the part that worries me most.

Even if it gets high scores and the yada, if this game doesn't make me trap myself in a dark corner crying and thinking about my life after reaching the end, then I will consider this game a failure (rather, my life a failure). That's my ridiculously high expectations, entirely based on those very two games.

Fuck, now you got me hyped again.

with all the triple a games and all their dialogue trees and dynamic weather and moral choices and mocap acting, ico and sotc managed to outdo all those crap 10-15 years ago with a made-up language no one understands, with 1 or 2 characters for 99% of the game, without any quests or collectibles, without any books with lore texts or diaries or other "immerse yourself by reading this text" bullcrap or audio logs or whatever.

so hell yeah, give me tlg any day now.

Arsenic

with all the triple a games and all their dialogue trees and dynamic weather and moral choices and mocap acting, ico and sotc managed to outdo all those crap 10-15 years ago with a made-up language no one understands, with 1 or 2 characters for 99% of the game, without any quests or collectibles, without any books with lore texts or diaries or other "immerse yourself by reading this text" bullcrap or audio logs or whatever.

so hell yeah, give me tlg any day now.

Stop it. please. You're really bringing me back to the greatest of times.

TLG better carry the same traits.

I kind of wish this hadn't leaked actually. I would have literally spat out my drink if Sony dropped the mic with this news on stage.

Ah well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom