• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Invincible | OT | The Invincible Strikes Back

image.png

image.png

F-Ay-ukXcAA8IrZ.png

image.png

F-BiaL6WUAABRyI.png

MEDIA
The_Invincible_wallpaper_01.jpg

ss_3de9dfea502490e46aa0bfb0d2b9d531280437ea.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5bd00cb46772285c531d6d0ab26fb7c557a22095.1920x1080.jpg

The_Invincible_gif_nr_1.gif
The_Invincible_gif_nr_2.gif

Last edited:

Trilobit

I LOOOOOOOOVE the style! Solaris from 1968 is one of my favourite movies, haven't read the book though. I really like the atmosphere in Russian and East European scifi books. I really hope this is good, the reviews for Fort Solis were disappointing. There's something about this kind of setting that really hits the spot for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh, I didn't realize this was coming to GOG. Definitely going to pick it up there now.

Duchess

Reviews for this game have been all over the place, so will be interesting to see what the community ultimately thinks.

thuGG_pl

I LOOOOOOOOVE the style! Solaris from 1968 is one of my favourite movies, haven't read the book though. I really like the atmosphere in Russian and East European scifi books. I really hope this is good, the reviews for Fort Solis were disappointing. There's something about this kind of setting that really hits the spot for me.
I can highly recommend the book, also many other books of Lem. Pinnacle of Scifi.

Flabagast

Man I feel critics were super harsh on the game.

I must be a third in and I find it pretty great. Visually it's absolutely beautiful and production values are pretty high, dialogue is quite good and goes hard on scientific lingo, sense of mystery and awe is present at every step + even if it's as walking simulator as it gets there are quite a lot of available interactions, and a lot of narrative choices to make.

I recommend it to everyone that could be slightly interested

Last edited:
Man I feel critics were super harsh on the game.

I must be a third in and I find it pretty great. Visually it's absolutely beautiful and production values are prettu high, dialogue is quite good and goes hard on scientific lingo, sense of mystery and awe is present at every step + even if it's as walking simulator as it gets there are quite a lot of available interactions, and a lot of narrative choices to make.

I recommend it to everyone that could be slightly interested
I've been busy so I only managed to put in a couple of hours into it, but yeah, the production values are easy to notice and the experience seems polished for an indie game (way better than Fort Solis another recently released walking sim). The beginning kinda reminds me of Firewatch as you have the old fashioned map navigation and also the radio which is used to talk with your crew member(s). Hopefully this weekend I'll manage to put more time into it.

Oh and I also wanted to say that it runs very well in the 60 fps mode on PS5, and maintains a good image quality too!

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I like animation detail interacting with the game world, mechanically sparse as expected but that's ok and can look pretty on both the deck and my ancient PC. While I'm not the biggest fan of Jetsons retro sci-fi - it does add a nice flair to the story that was certainly way ahead of its time in 1964, albeit drawn from and rinsed to death ever since. So while I'm not motivated to replay for all the branching paths, I think it's a walking sim chill worth checking.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I like animation detail interacting with the game world, mechanically sparse as expected but that's ok and can look pretty on both the deck and my ancient PC. While I'm not the biggest fan of Jetsons retro sci-fi - it does add a nice flair to the story that was certainly way ahead of its time in 1964, albeit drawn from and rinsed to death ever since. So while I'm not motivated to replay for all the branching paths, I think it's a walking sim chill worth checking.
It's been said not having a running option in the game is a big oversight..

Top Bottom