• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

cormack12

Gold Member
looks like i gotta finish this in one sitting, fuck

34300491.jpg

Good luck

Psi

Okay I'm a bit confused, do I need to just be signed out of PSN or does my PS3 need to be completely offline?

Edit: Or is it actually fixed now? Too much information going everywhere.

D23

pwG6p.gif

i learned the hardway, about 4 hours of gameplay was lost, and i tried to replaying again and i just couldnt do it right away, ill try again tonight

reeaaally loved the game tho

pwG6p.gif

Just a heads-up to you if you decide to do that. The game will not save when you finish because your saving is already glitched, so you will not be able to do a new game+. So if you are concerned about that you should restart now.

Edit: and I'm not sure if you will unlock survivor. People who kept playing after hitting this glitch have reported that after the credits it just freezes at a black screen.

Shinobi_GR

Neo Member
Ok, I'm a bit confused here. I bought the game but I haven't start it yet. My PS3 is completely offline. Is it ok to start it now, without worrying about the save bug (ND said the problem is fixed)? Is it safe now to go online and download the patch?

Ok, I'm a bit confused here. I bought the game but I haven't start it yet. My PS3 is completely offline. Is it ok to start it now, without worrying about the save bug (ND said the problem is fixed)? Is it safe now to go online and download the patch?

Yes the problem is gone for people launching the game now.

iNvid02

Just a heads-up to you if you decide to do that. The game will not save when you finish because your saving is already glitched, so you will not be able to do a new game+. So if you are concerned about that you should restart now.

Edit: and I'm not sure if you will unlock survivor. People who kept playing after hitting this glitch have reported that after the credits it just freezes at a black screen.

jesus christ it gets worse
KuGsj.gif

i dont think i can go back now, if i had to restart my urge to play would just die.

will have to do ng+ on my friend's console down the line then

Taking my chance...

Sorry guys about this morning and my personal apologies to the people who lost progress. Thank you to everyone who helped us figuring out what the problem was. Travis (our lead programmer) & myself were in the office at 6am this morning to fix the issue, I wish we could have dealt with the problem sooner.

Sorry again and thanks for your patience.

No prob. Welcome to gaf :)

mario_O

I had the bug earlier today but it seems to be fixed now, been playing for 5 hours on PSN and it's fine. Crossed fingers.

arne

Can we get an update to the original post that at least details the most important things to make sure everyone knows how this works?

1. Quit out to XMB
  2. Reboot the game
  3. After that, you CAN now play signed in online in SP or MP

arne

Exactly - I had no idea he was replying, let alone that he was in the thread. Reading back my posts with that added context makes them look a bit worse.

He knows I'm sorry (I hope) and I really appreciate guys like him being on GAF to talk to us directly.

It's all good! We can make up (no making out).
:)

Oppo

Just chiming in to say: played from around 3pm to 5:30pm EST and no bug. Checked the menu frequently.

This game is fucking tense. Play with a stiff drink close at hand.

So it's still fucked? I restarted the game a little while ago offline and had been manually saving as I went, will mine still be ok? Can you play the whole game like that and unlock New game +

Shinobi_GR

Neo Member
Can we get an update to the original post that at least details the most important things to make sure everyone knows how this works?

1. Quit out to XMB
  2. Reboot the game
  3. After that, you CAN now play signed in online in SP or MP

1 and 2 are mandatory even if we play offline?

So it's still fucked? I restarted the game a little while ago offline and had been manually saving as I went, will mine still be ok? Can you play the whole game like that and unlock New game +

Yes of course you can play offline and unlock new game+. But the issue is fixed so you can play online.

zma1013

So does anyone know any way of getting the pre-order bonus that Gamestop and Amazon had? I thought the game was coming out next week for some reason and I simply forgot to pre-order and well, here I am.

Jarek23

Banned
So does anyone know any way of getting the pre-order bonus that Gamestop and Amazon had? I thought the game was coming out next week for some reason and I simply forgot to pre-order and well, here I am.

Considering it was about 10 different downloads for everything included. It'l probably be available in the store soon enough. 99 cents each, like Uncharted.

djshauny

Banned
Taking my chance...

Sorry guys about this morning and my personal apologies to the people who lost progress. Thank you to everyone who helped us figuring out what the problem was. Travis (our lead programmer) & myself were in the office at 6am this morning to fix the issue, I wish we could have dealt with the problem sooner.

No worries my friend. Thanks for a great game :)

Kinyou

Gotta give them credit for fixing it that fast. Releasing a game with a bug like that is still quite a messed up though.

teiresias

I don't even understand this bug. Shouldn't there be a timeout on the client if the stat upload times out?

Shouldn't this function prioritize actually writing the save game to the local system over sending the stats?

It seems like it's prioritizing sending the stats rather than saving the game (ie. it sends the stats first and THEN saves the game locally), doesn't have a proper time-out function, and then doesn't save at all. Why would you even code this functionality like that, it's just asking for trouble.

Squall516

I just picked up the game today and was about to go and play it and my friend told me about this glitch lol, so glad i didn't start yet haha. Feel bad for all the people that were playing like all night and had to start over that really sux :/

So anyway have they put out a patch to fix the autosave glitch yet? i was reading and hearing mixed things from people so im just asking if anyone knows definitively yet or not? And if the patch has been released then since i haven't started the game yet i should be good to go now and won't be affect correct? Well gl guys and see you in a couple of days lol ^_^

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
I wish they'd put up basic save files at the beginning of each chapter that people could load and start from.

Some people lost a lot of time (myself included) and it's pretty crappy they have to start all over again.

peetfeet

Taking my chance...

Despite what some gaffers said in the heat of the moment, thanks a lot for listening and making a 'fix' as soon as you did. Cant stop playing!

Persona7

Banned
Did anyones game freeze during the credits? I got a call from my cousin and she is super pissed because the game froze at the end and fried the save.

I wonder if you can trigger the freeze during the credits in the main menu.

Top Bottom