• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria announced | Coming to Japan in 2024

Mister Wolf

Is this something that will formally be revealed in the Daybreak game that's coming this year?

I don't remember much about anything like this being discussed in the recent games, Reverie etc.

They have just been giving us bread crumbs about this mystery dating back to the Trails In The Sky story arc. Now it's time for the big reveal. The upcoming Daybreak game talks about it a bit more than most due to the nature of Van's powers.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They have just been giving us bread crumbs about this mystery dating back to the Trails In The Sky story arc. Now it's time for the big reveal. The upcoming Daybreak game talks about it a bit more than most due to the nature of Van's powers.

The Calvard trilogy is about to end in Japan but we haven't even gotten the first game localized sigh ...

Thief1987

That whole lag for Western release is ridiculous. Somehow Falcom doesn’t mind sharing in progress code for Chinese/Korean translation , but not ever for English/etc…
I think NISA being slow and incompetent is also part of the problem, because they are going backwards with the western release gaps. It was 2 years for ToCS 3-4, 3 years for Reverie, and it will be almost 4 years for Kuro. I only hope that this pattern won't continue.

Edit Somehow I thought that Kuro is 2020 game, not 2021, so it will be 3 years between original and western release. Still gap is widened since Cold Steel games

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I think NISA being slow and incompetent is also part of the problem, because they are going backwards with the western release gaps. It was 2 years for ToCS 3-4, 3 years for Reverie, and it will be almost 4 years for Kuro. I only hope that this pattern won't continue.

Edit Somehow I thought that Kuro is 2020 game, not 2021, so it will be 3 years between original and western release. Still gap is widened since Cold Steel games
Incompetence is in both sides and yeah, NISA is part of the problem. However, Falcon doesn’t give NISA access until the game is essentially launched. The company localizing Chinese and Korean version doesn’t have that issue.

Hudo

Incompetence is in both sides and yeah, NISA is part of the problem. However, Falcon doesn’t give NISA access until the game is essentially launched. The company localizing Chinese and Korean version doesn’t have that issue.
I remember that Kondo himself said that the reason they give out the script for English translation that late is because they're editing text until very shortly before the gold master is complete. It is notable, however, that the Chinese and Korean translations seem to come out significantly earlier.

Mister Wolf

I remember that Kondo himself said that the reason they give out the script for English translation that late is because they're editing text until very shortly before the gold master is complete. It is notable, however, that the Chinese and Korean translations seem to come out significantly earlier.

Which means he is full of shit.

Damn, I love this series so much but not so much the fandom unfortunately. If only the fandom for Kiseki where is cool as a fandom for Warhammer 40k is.

I also wanted to say it though that if they end this game with a "it was a simulation all along" which seems kind of popular for Japanese games, I'm going to break things.

SantaC

cant they use AI to localize faster?

Top Bottom