• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Pokemaniac

Speaking of endless sources of materials, what does it take for stuff like plants to respawn? I'd like to get some more fairies. Traversing to high-level areas with them in my inventory is great.

Personally I'm really happy I can just hoard healing items if I want to.

For fairies specifically, I think there's a limit on how many you can have in your inventory and still have new ones spawn.

Speaking of endless sources of materials, what does it take for stuff like plants to respawn? I'd like to get some more fairies. Traversing to high-level areas with them in my inventory is great.

Personally I'm really happy I can just hoard healing items if I want to.

For fairies specifically, I think there's a limit on how many you can have in your inventory and still have new ones spawn.

Pokemaniac is correct. There is/was an easy way to cheat this by holding the fairies from your inventory when visiting a great fairy fountain. Since you can hold 5 fairies in Link's hands they get subtracted from your inventory making new ones spawn, then you can pocket the ones you were holding and collect the spawned ones. Not sure if this was patched out in a later update.

There's a thread similar to what my question entails but I don't want to derail it so...what would accessories would you all recommend for the Switch? I was given one of the bundles (BotW, MK8, Traveling Case, Pro Controller) and a lot of the articles I've found are several months old.

My common sense tells me that a Micro SDXC card is an obvious purchase, but I'm unaware of everything else. I doubt I'll take it out and about/play it in public and it'll probably be docked most of the time.

Thanks!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Pokemaniac is correct. There is/was an easy way to cheat this by holding the fairies from your inventory when visiting a great fairy fountain. Since you can hold 5 fairies in Link's hands they get subtracted from your inventory making new ones spawn, then you can pocket the ones you were holding and collect the spawned ones. Not sure if this was patched out in a later update.

I've had six.

Also know just got my 3 post game
Kilton Monster Certifficates
. I'm not going for every Korok, just too much of a time sink, and all my gear is upgraded to the max.

Not sure what else to do!

aravuus

Figured this was probably the case, since only one fairy spawned when I visited the first great fairy thing you find. Shame, but makes sense - being able to carry dozens of them would pretty much break the game difficulty-wise.

How often does blood moon trigger generally and can I purposefully trigger it somehow? I found a spot with a bunch of easily killed lizard enemies with strong bows and thought I'd use it as my bow-farming spot in case I run out of bows at some point.

It's crazy how much of a difference a stable framerate and a good(-ish) resolution makes. I had already gotten bored of BOTW on the Wii U a month or two ago, but since getting the Switch on Monday, I've been doing nothing but play Zelda when I'm at home lol. Now I'm just sitting at work, wishing I was home playing.

jariw

How often does blood moon trigger generally and can I purposefully trigger it somehow?

Killing lots of stuff in the overworld will trigger it.

I've had six.

Also know just got my 3 post game
Kilton Monster Certifficates
. I'm not going for every Korok, just too much of a time sink, and all my gear is upgraded to the max.

Not sure what else to do!

All chest icons for the shrines?

BTW, did you look any location up for the medals, or did you just find all of them?

dLMN8R

I have 116 shrines and after searching around for hours I have no idea where to find the last four. No active shrine quests available. Don't want to cheat and look at a map.

Any tips? Maybe I'm missing some shrine quests somewhere?

jariw

I have 116 shrines and after searching around for hours I have no idea where to find the last four. No active shrine quests available. Don't want to cheat and look at a map.

Any tips? Maybe I'm missing some shrine quests somewhere?

Have you completed all Kass' quests? Have you completed the divine beasts at Gerudo and Rito?

There's also a user-made map that gives you the number of shrines in each map region, without spoiling the location. I used that for finding my very last shrine.

dLMN8R

I've definitely done all or most of Kass's quests. And yes completed all divine beasts. I'll look for the map you recommended though, and will look up Kass's quests to see if I missed any.

RemiLP

Just beat Ganon.

Great game overall, but REALLY disappointed with the Ganon fight. That was WAY too easy, no challange. Was just spamming arrows at him the whole time, and running away from the beam. Was never even close to dying.

Boss fights in general was kind of a let down. Compared to other zelda games, where every boss fight is unique, with different ways to defeat them and different weak spots.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sort of weird that the flame guard armor set doesn't provide heat resistance?

I mean, Death Mountain had to be kind of hot too? :p

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Killing lots of stuff in the overworld will trigger it.

All chest icons for the shrines?

BTW, did you look any location up for the medals, or did you just find all of them?

I already had 25 or so of each when I started. And most marked on the map. I just used the search function on the tablet for the ones I was missing. It's easier with the Hinox than the Talus (less species).

DirtyLarry

A few questions about Outfits.

Is there a limit on how many one can have?
Should I just sell the basics from the beginning (especially if there is a limit to make room)?
Should I cop the Cold Resistance 3 pieces from the shop in Rito Village? I have almost 6000 rupees right now and the set would be about 2000, but it seems worth it, especially since I've hit the side of the map where cold mountains seem to be a normal occurence.

Any help with this in particular is appreciated. It seems like especially with the part I tagged in spoilers it has been an issue.it seems worth it to me but if people say to rely on meals elixirs instead, I'll give that a try first.

Macchiato

So due to the simplicity of the DLC Pack 1, I really, really hope the Pack 2 is something substantial. I don't think adding in what were essentially debugging features (the path tracking thing) and tweaking enemy HP and damage is worth much of anything, even if it does come with a Cave of Trials.

I'm crossing my fingers that DLC Pack 1 was more for tiding people over for a nice story DLC that will take some time while adding QoL features, and that most of the price is due to the content of DLC Pack 2.

I must be the only one in the world who is more excited about DLC Pack 1 than 2. I just don't care about story in games anymore, the less of that a game has the better in my book.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ok fuck this thunderbolt Gannon fight

OUT!
I need to find some lightning resistance gear somewhere, getting one-hit KOd way too much haha

WPS

Think of heat as humidity, and fire as actually catching on fire. There's a difference between standing next to a volcano and in a desert.

Deserts are some of the least humid places on earth (possibly by definition), it's going to be dry heat in both cases.

I can only assume the fie proof armour has some magic seal which only activates when on fire.

jariw

Will I ever get a companion dog? Or is that not part of the game?

Wolf Link amiibo will get you Wolf Link as an companion animal, but with a once-a-day limit.

I hope the cave of trials thing is really hardcore. That was my favorite part of Wind Waker.

I don't even understand how it's possible to beat that in Hard Mode. They demoed it on the Treehouse Live if you're interested.

I don't even understand how it's possible to beat that in Hard Mode.

I like the sound of that.

People often talk about Eventide Island as a very challenging part of the game, but I didn't find it to be hard at all. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't die once and pretty quickly I had my inventory full of good weapons and buff meals.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
A few questions about Outfits.

Is there a limit on how many one can have?
Should I just sell the basics from the beginning (especially if there is a limit to make room)?
Should I cop the Cold Resistance 3 pieces from the shop in Rito Village? I have almost 6000 rupees right now and the set would be about 2000, but it seems worth it, especially since I've hit the side of the map where cold mountains seem to be a normal occurence.

Any help with this in particular is appreciated. It seems like especially with the part I tagged in spoilers it has been an issue.it seems worth it to me but if people say to rely on meals elixirs instead, I'll give that a try first.
There's no limit on the number of outfits you can own. I bought everything. You can always get more rupees.

Fuzzy

Is there somewhere I can store stuff? Like if I want to keep certain weapons/shield/armor safe somewhere?
Yes.
You can buy a house in Hateno village and buy upgrades that allow you to store 3 weapons, 3 shields, and 3 bows. It's expensive.

I got all of the shrines, memories,
Master Sword
and
Hylian Shield
. I am ready to take on Ganon. However, I was wondering if I can keep playing my save after I beat Ganon? How does it work?

Thanks!

Fuzzy

I got all of the shrines, memories,
Master Sword
and
Hylian Shield
. I am ready to take on Ganon. However, I was wondering if I can keep playing my save after I beat Ganon? How does it work?

Thanks!
You can.
It puts you back in the game before Ganon.

jariw

Was so pumped when I found out about this.

And story wise, I think that's one of the strongest points in the game.
It's pretty obvious that it's Link's old house, before the battle. But no-one there now remembers Link, so Link is an alien in his own village. The only people still with a good recollection of Link is the Zoras, due to their long life.

Fuzzy

It's pretty obvious that it's Link's old house, before the battle. But no-one there now remembers Link, so Link is an alien in his own village. The only people still with a good recollection of Link is the Zoras, due to their long life.
I thought that was so cool when I started putting the clues together that you discover throughout the game.

I haven't played this in a long while but the first DLC coming out in 2 weeks has me excited to jump back in again.

watershed

Banned
Wait, what are the clues for this?

keakster

Will I discover all map locations by getting all of the Korok seeds?

Based on the math I've seen online with my current completion % and 350 seeds to go, it seems like I'm missing 26 locations.

Are there locations that I could miss? Any ones that you guys had to go back and find after getting all Koroks?

Thanks!

Not

Banned

Wouldn't Link
live in Hyrule Castle or at least Hyrule Castle Town as the Princess's appointed knight?

EDIT: Oh, someone says it above

Jasper

Can someone who has played both BOTW and Wind Waker help me out, by telling me how much more difficult BOTW is when compared to Wind Waker?

Do you think that someone who's managed to finish Wind Waker, will run into trouble in finishing BOTW ?

Thank you in advance.

Fuzzy

Before you buy the house, one of the carpenters says that 100 years before someone lived there but that person went on to work on the castke.
And knowing that
it's fitting that Link fell while defending Fort Hateno which was keeping his home town safe.

Can someone who has played both BOTW and Wind Waker help me out, by telling me how much more difficult BOTW is when compared to Wind Waker?

Do you think that someone who's managed to finish Wind Waker, will run into trouble in finishing BOTW ?

Thank you in advance.
Wind Waker isn't difficult at all. You'll die in BotW until you get good.

Red

Thank you in advance.
Wind Waker is perhaps the easiest Zelda, and BotW may be the hardest. Maybe second hardest after Zelda II.

Cool. Still plenty more to go, then.

And holy shit it is a good thing I can go back to the title menu and switch the voice language to Japanese.

The English voice acting is pretty bad. The terrible writing doesn't help.

This game really isn't winning me over in the story, writing, voice acting, and quest design department.

Good thing it survives largely on the great gameplay.

Horizon still has my GOTY.

Top Bottom