• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Blues1990

Is there a online check-list of all the Sub & Secondary Quests? I have four and nine remaining for the two categories, and I can't figure out where to find them.

Chinbo37

I stopped playing after defeating my 4th divine beast couple of weeks ago or so, kinda got bored after 200 hours. Still have a lot of things to do (currently at 95 shrines and 222 korok seeds) and many side quests. I know the castle section is great and I'm looking forward to it, but don't feel like "finishing the game" right now, and don't feel like doing any of the side quests either...

Also I might be stalling to not let my play time exceed 200 hours before the DLC cause I'd love see a complete picture of the path I took throughout the world. I'll take a screenshot of it for keeps and then continue playing.

I love this game but after 110 hours or so I am ready for it to end. I still need to do one divine beast and I have to find 15 shrines but I am going to use a guide. I found 95 without a guide and I hadnt even visited 3 areas of the map so I am sure i could have found all of them or close to all of them but I have limited time to play games and I have been playing this game since March. So now Ill just do the last DB, the last shrines and the couple of memories I am missing.

It was an amazing game I am not even saying it was too long because obviously I didnt need to do all the shrines but those were my favorite part of the game so i really wanted to experience them all.

TheMoon

I honestly don't understand the perfect praise this game got. 60+ hours in and I have no idea. It has so many flaws in so many areas no way is it even close to the perfect scores it got.

Also, that Tempered Power Shrine can go fuck off.

Your problem is you're using the word "perfect" where it doesn't belong.

Question.

Living in Japan, have a Japanese Switch, and Japanese copy of BotW. My eShop accesses the US one. Is there a way to change settings to access the JP eShop and buy this asap?

Also I'm guessing this won't go up at midnight like a game launch and will instead go up with an eShop update?

a) well, your nintendo account settings
b) you don't need to

DonShula

I honestly don't understand the perfect praise this game got. 60+ hours in and I have no idea. It has so many flaws in so many areas no way is it even close to the perfect scores it got.

Also, that Tempered Power Shrine can go fuck off.

Revel in the fact that you're part of an exclusive and very tiny group with a dissenting opinion.

Kolle

Neo Member
I would say just go into it with no expectations or goals and just try to enjoy the world they made, because that's honestly the most compelling thing for me.

Enjoy! I'm envious of people who get to experience this for the first time haha

That's what I usually try with open-world games and many of them just become busywork, but apparently this game is different. Thank you!

Orgen

Beat the game yesterday and I wanted to know about the percentage of the map... How do I rise it up? Finding more korok seeds? Shrines? Side quests? Places I haven't been? All of the above?

I thought it was only the places I haven't been yet but seen a 36,92% with more or less 250 korok seeds found and only 8 shrines left it makes me doubt it's only the places I haven't been :|

Man, can't wait for the DLC to arrive tonight. I deliberately made myself stop playing back when the contents of DLC1 were first detailed, but I've been wanting to play the whole time haha.

Wollan

Hi. First time player. Started dipping into this a few days ago.

Met my first roaming enemy that was clearly way past my build.
Centaur walking the Highlands.
Had to teleport out of there after one fairy re-filled my hearts from a single strike. I have only upgraded one heart, one stamina and blessed a couple of my clothings.
Best combo of upgrades I've received so far is the Climbing bandana and the one stamina vessel.

The level of freedom in this game is pretty unprecedented thanks to the climbing. But also the spacing between points of interest is really well done. I very often get distracted in doing something I didn't plan on.

Will attempt my first Divine Beast soon
in Gerudo dessert
but I might be smacked in the face by X unknown reasons. Only scouting it from afar right now. :)

PS. Zelda voice-actor is South Park level.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I was down on the story and thought it was the biggest flaw of the game however, after getting all the memories and seeing how everything plays out, I am higher on the game which was already really really high.

Story is still lacking but its better than meh.

W-00

Minotaur walking the Highlands.
Had to teleport out of there after one fairy re-filled my hearts from a single strike.

That was a Lynel. Teleporting was the right choice. They have enough HP that even if you could have avoided all of its attacks, you probably would have run out of weapons before doing significant damage to it (since you're just beginning and probably haven't expanded your inventory very much or started getting good weapons).

watershed

Banned
OMG Hero's Path on the map is amazing. I can actually watch my green tracker leave the shrine of resurrection and have my whole game play out as a green line darting all over the map,

You can even zoom in to follow every step.

N° 2048

OMG Hero's Path on the map is amazing. I can actually watch my green tracker leave the shrine of resurrection and have my whole game play out as a green line darting all over the map,

You can even zoom in to follow every step.

Seriously such an amazing feature.

Pygrus

So some spoilers for Master Mode.

There is a silver lyonel on the great plateu and all i have is boko clubs and tree branches.

Overall, I think stuff like this is pretty cool.

Had to teleport out of there after one fairy re-filled my hearts from a single strike. I have only upgraded one heart, one stamina and blessed a couple of my clothings.
Best combo of upgrades I've received so far is the Climbing bandana and the one stamina vessel.

The level of freedom in this game is pretty unprecedented thanks to the climbing. But also the spacing between points of interest is really well done. I very often get distracted in doing something I didn't plan on.

in Gerudo dessert
but I might be smacked in the face by X unknown reasons. Only scouting it from afar right now. :)

That beast might not be best choice for your first one. He's probably the toughest one to fight, and the power you get for defeating him is arguably the strongest one, which could potentially trivialize many of your combat encounters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So some spoilers for Master Mode.

There is a silver lyonel on the great plateu and all i have is boko clubs and tree branches.

Overall, I think stuff like this is pretty cool.

I was about to run toward that area before I noticed it and noped out. If you look at my hero's path you'll see a pretty big chunk of grass that got avoided lol

I think it's awesome that they added hero's path in the dlc and that it was not part of the original game, it's do much more interesting to see your path for the first time after a 160+ hour playthrough.

DonShula

in Gerudo dessert

This kills me because I've been playing for 170 hours and haven't found that yet.

DonShula

That's why I'm explaining about the pants. I didn't say I found it right after leaving, just that it was the first thing. I went all over the place. No clue where that thing was.

Ah, I see. I'm making the assumption wherever you got that first item, it must have been an easier place to get to if it was your first item.

Wollan

This kills me because I've been playing for 170 hours and haven't found that yet.
I believe I found the Bandana in the Shrine located in the
river tunnel under the twin mountains, on a small ledge. There's an optional chest & puzzle inside.

Wollan

I just finished my first divine beast.

The puzzles as well as boss were no push overs at all. This was the
giant walker in the Gerudo desert.

Got my sixth heart container which is nice. Think I will enjoy some exploring before proceeding with the main quest in order to have a breather.

W-00

river tunnel under the twin mountains, on a small ledge. There's an optional chest & puzzle inside.

Correct. The Climbing Bandana is in
one of the Dueling Peaks shrines
. I actually missed it when I cleared the shrine the first time, so I had to go back in and get it.

Anteo

Currently downloading all dlc and updates on my switch. Cant wait to jump innonce again but this time with better performance. Also I hope i can go straight into hard mode

DonShula

Correct. The Climbing Bandana is in
one of the Dueling Peaks shrines
. I actually missed it when I cleared the shrine the first time, so I had to go back in and get it.

Thanks. Must have missed the chest. Will need to go back and check again.

one_kill

So I'm having trouble activating a shrine quest I've long completed. It's the
The Silent Swordswomen
quest. I'm trying to talk to Laine, but she keeps talking about the sand races. I'm not sure what to do.

Top Bottom