• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

AmyS

I think I might decide to avoid reading any reviews.

But anyway, so in NA, are we really less than 24 hours from official release?

Pinch me I can hardly believe it.

I don't believe that Nintendo is capable of making groundbreaking, generation defining games anymore. The last game they published that I feel meets that standard was Metroid Prime, and that wasn't even made by their main studios.

What I'm expecting is a run-of-the-mill open world game that would have been phenomenal 5 years ago, but feels rather redundant and outdated today.

Why would anyone write such things if even the previews praise the "groundbreaking game".

takriel

I don't believe that Nintendo is capable of making groundbreaking, generation defining games anymore. The last game they published that I feel meets that standard was Metroid Prime, and that wasn't even made by their main studios.

What I'm expecting is a run-of-the-mill open world game that would have been phenomenal 5 years ago, but feels rather redundant and outdated today.

You're in for a rude awakening. This game is special.

6/10
"Trump played it, successfully banned all the bokoblins from Hyrule and the decide to apply the very same very great Policy in the US"

Trump is Ganon
The bokoblins are the people that voted for him
Zelda represents that conscience of the US
Link is Christopher Steele, a descendent of a powerful ancient race and an outsider, come to liberate Hyrule from tyranny.

MTC100

Banned
I can't believe I woke up early just to post the Zelda review topic.... Posting in 19minutes.

Good work, you are the hero neogaf needs! -I hope you came up with a good thread sub-title.

-Reviews aren't out til an hour later though, well I guess you can already put in Famitsu, Edge, Gamepro and Kotaku.

Coffinhal

Trump is Ganon
The bokoblins are the people that voted for him
Zelda represents that conscience of the US
Link is Christopher Steele, a descendent of a powerful ancient race and an outsider, come to liberate Hyrule from tyranny.

Hahaha so true
The conscience of the US has woken up after 100 years of neofascist decline
Zelda is H.Clinton ? Sanders ? Obama ? Binden ?

I have a sociology/philosophy professor who could make 10.000 words out of this theory (he did kind of the same with Star Wars 7, with French political context)

Plum

I can't believe I woke up early just to post the Zelda review topic.... Posting in 19minutes.

You're doing a great job with these! Though the hour between the review thread being posted and the embargo lifting is going to be tense as fuck.

Dystify

Title is just "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread". I got a few requests for a custom title but the majority wanted the standard wording.

You're doing a great job with these! Though the hour between the review thread being posted and the embargo lifting is going to be tense as fuck.

Yep, I'm excited at how that hour will turn out. :p And thanks for the comments.

Good work, you are the hero neogaf needs! -I hope you came up with a good thread sub-title.

-Reviews aren't out til an hour later though, well I guess you can already put in Famitsu, Edge, Gamepro and Kotaku.

I'll put in Kotaku when it's officially released I guess. Was kind of not supposed to show up unlike the print magazine reviews.

I know this is a very hot term right now, but this is confirmation bias at its worst.

Thinking Nintendo hasn't made a groundbreaking game since Metroid Prime requires a very narrow view of what's groundbreaking. They regularly do so.

Regardless of how good this game is, Nintendo has produced consistently innovative and high quality game experiences for a long time, whether or not that happens to fit into contemporary gaming culture's definition of "generation defining."

aravuus

There's alchemy stuff in this? Or do people just mean cooking, since different dishes seem to have some temporary bonuses too.

CrazyHorse

the amount of effort that people put into thread OPs is staggering

It's about justice. It's about truth and falsehood. No one likes a liar. It was like this from the early days of SNES vs Gensis. Today it's about anyone who dares to give BotW less than 10. I am waiting for them.

jariw

Pretty much sums up the review thread?

BTW, Splatoon was pretty groundbreaking IMO.

LotusHD

Banned

Ok this is pretty funny now

Hahahahaha

oatmeal

Banned
Took pics of my collection this morning...

http://imgur.com/a/9tPnE

Teaser image:

TXmMshm.jpg

Don't want to flood the thread with a buttload of images, so you can see the album above.

Rixxan

Apologies if this has been asked but can you have multiple saves? ie. if my wife wants one playthrough and i want another

Top Bottom