• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lords of the Fallen ‘Technical Showcase’ - new trailer released

i only wish my average-to-below-average eyesight enabled me to more deeply appreciate all this elaborate detail... nah, not really...

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
This looks really good so far. I hope the combat looks good too

Scarlett Johansson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

GymWolf

Hexworks: "Hey can I copy your homework?"

From Software: "Sure just change it up a bit so it doesn't look obvious that you copied it"

Hexworks: "Sure thing"
The second armour when the camera is on his back looks like dante's inferno armour, the head part mostly.

GymWolf

Looks nice at 60fps. Hopefully it still has some heft to the combat like the first one.
Yeah, one of the few good things in the first one was some heavyness in the hits if i remember well.

And the graphic, the game still look pretty good on pc (probably better than elden ring:lollipop_grinning_sweat:)

Last edited:

j0hnnix

omg, i really didnt like LOTF, still annoys me to play it. Went back to it when this once announced. This just looks amazing.

I dont want to get it but that BB looking character... got me..

ryan reynolds hot guy GIF

Is this actually a sequel to LoTF 2014, or a spiritual successor by a different dev?

Either way, why would they just give it the exact same name? I don't get it or how it's connected to the prequel.

Well considering we barely get games, I can see why people are impressed by basically nothing. Yeah great textures and lighting is certainly going to make the game amazing amirite?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can I see actual gameplay with the actual UI? Thanks.

So far it looks like Dark Souls copycat #5675.

Then again so was the original.

Is this actually a sequel to LoTF 2014, or a spiritual successor by a different dev?

Either way, why would they just give it the exact same name? I don't get it or how it's connected to the prequel.
I could be wrong, but I think it's more of a series reboot. They finally have more budget and better tech to make what they wanted. Original Lord's of the Fallen was a bit more colorful, this seems more grounded and more believable.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Looks dope but not getting my hopes up. Just gonna wait for it to release and hope that it'll be worth buying.

Mostly interested in dat coop boyeeeeee.

Saber

Gold Member
No offense but this game scream way too much Elden Ring. Hope its not just some visual candy.

Denton

Shame to see so much obvious talent wasted on yet another fucking soulslike, but at least there will be an example of how these games can look when not done by Fromsoft and their ancient engine.

Lux R7

I could be wrong, but I think it's more of a series reboot. They finally have more budget and better tech to make what they wanted. Original Lord's of the Fallen was a bit more colorful, this seems more grounded and more believable.

Afaik these are not the same devs

TrebleShot

I see a lot of 30’fps on console and whilst I think it probably will be unless we get a 1080 60 mode you’ll need one hell of a rig to play this at 4k60 locked.

Afaik these are not the same devs
That is incorrect. Here is the official description from the steam page -

"Lords of the Fallen introduces an all-new, epic RPG adventure in a vast, interconnected world more than five times larger than the original game.

After an age of the cruellest tyranny, the demon God, Adyr, was finally defeated. But Gods… do not fall forever. Now, aeons later, Adyr’s resurrection draws nigh. As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, journey through both the realms of the living and the dead in this expansive RPG experience, featuring colossal boss battles, fast challenging combat, thrilling character encounters, and deep, immersive storytelling. Will your legend be one of light… or one of darkness?"

It's also same dev - CI Games. https://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=CI Games

If you scroll all way down on that page you'll see Lords of the Fallen 2023.

Lux R7

That is incorrect. Here is the official description from the steam page -

"Lords of the Fallen introduces an all-new, epic RPG adventure in a vast, interconnected world more than five times larger than the original game.

After an age of the cruellest tyranny, the demon God, Adyr, was finally defeated. But Gods… do not fall forever. Now, aeons later, Adyr’s resurrection draws nigh. As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, journey through both the realms of the living and the dead in this expansive RPG experience, featuring colossal boss battles, fast challenging combat, thrilling character encounters, and deep, immersive storytelling. Will your legend be one of light… or one of darkness?"

It's also same dev - CI Games. https://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=CI Games

If you scroll all way down on that page you'll see Lords of the Fallen 2023.

fine, i meant these are different people, a different team.
i think the old devs are the ones making Atlas Fallen.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Didn’t like the first one at all so I’m going to wait until after release on this one to see if it’s really just more of the same.

Shame to see so much obvious talent wasted on yet another fucking soulslike, but at least there will be an example of how these games can look when not done by Fromsoft and their ancient engine.
Technically we already saw that with Demon Souls Remake and I was quite impressed with it, visually. The UI design sucked tho.

Top Bottom