• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lords of the Fallen ‘Technical Showcase’ - new trailer released

Lux R7

i love that hat and style, i hope we'll get a lot of Lords of the Fashion

brotherhoodwolf.jpg

Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001)

Spaceman292

Banned
Even though the outfits looked like they were yanked straight out of From Soft's library, I must say that this game is looking pretty damn impressive.
All this money and resources... I don't see why they still feel the need to steal so much stuff from From. Is it really that hard to sketch out a new dude in armour?

fine, i meant these are different people, a different team.
i think the old devs are the ones making Atlas Fallen.
Oh that might be true. I think CI Games have their own studios as a publisher who makes the games. But I could he wrong. I am not 100% sure exactly how they are setup. I am just going based off steam info.

It's 100% the same publisher and it is a sequel according to the description.

Last edited:

hlm666

I can accept that.

For me, they are the best souls clone with nioh saga.
I agree about the surge games being the best soulslikes, I think people who didn't like those games though probably never clicked with the limb targetting system kinda like people struggling with having to parry in sekiro instead of fighting like a tradional souls game and trying to chip health.

I agree about the surge games being the best soulslikes, I think people who didn't like those games though probably never clicked with the limb targetting system kinda like people struggling with having to parry in sekiro instead of fighting like a tradional souls game and trying to chip health.
I understood the limb system in Surge 1 and 2. It was incredibly easy to learn and I really enjoyed it. Want to go for a quick kill? Go for exposed limbs/head. Want a chance to get new weapons/armor? Go for the appropriate armored limb/head. But everything else was kind of bland. I found the enemies and locations be lacking in variety and the stories were just not interesting to me. Surge 1 also had a lot of lousy bosses. Surge 2's bosses were slightly better.

For me, the best Souls-likes that I've played have been Immortal Unchained and Mortal Shell, followed by Nioh 1 (Nioh 2 was too hard for me).

Last edited:

GymWolf

I understood the limb system in Surge 1 and 2. It was incredibly easy to learn and I really enjoyed it. Want to go for a quick kill? Go for exposed limbs/head. Want a chance to get new weapons/armor? Go for the appropriate armored limb/head. But everything else was kind of bland. I found the enemies and locations be lacking in variety and the stories were just not interesting to me. Surge 1 also had a lot of lousy bosses. Surge 2's bosses were slightly better.

For me, the best Souls-likes that I've played have been Immortal Unchained and Mortal Shell, followed by Nioh 1 (Nioh 2 was too hard for me).
Dude if you liked immortal unchained you must try remnant from the ashes, the superior gun souls.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I haven't watched all the video as I might play this and I like to avoid spoilers, do they say where that footage came from? I assume PC?

Top Bottom