• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread |OT2|

I see that Mass Effect 3 on PC has a pretty extensive list of mods. Any recommendations on must have mods? I have played the game before on 360.

Oh God lmao, someone linked a flirt scene with Sara and
Suvi
on the subreddit.

Kallo Jath's reaction to it, amazing.

Based on what I've seen people say, Sara's dialogue for flirting is such more more awkward and blunt where as Scott's is somewhat subtle. Pretty impressive how differently they designed each gender's dialogue and personality.

Salarians

So Cora and Gil are the only exclusive romances for Scott right? If that's the case I might just start with Sara since they don't interest me at all and Suvi's accent is irresistible. It's too bad she looks so generic and has those awful lip flaps. I'm getting Kelly Chambers vibes from her. I almost dumped Tali for her in ME2 and was so upset with how the romance was handled in 3.
romance spoilers from BSN (take with a grain of salt)

it looks like
Scott gets:
Cora, Peebee, Vetra (f)
Gil (m)

Sara gets:
Suvi, Peebee, Vetra (f)
Liam, Jaal (m)

it seems like Jaal might be bi but there is conflicting info

there are some off-ship romances too but no one knows how in depth they are or if they're just "flings"

Madness

So Cora and Gil are the only exclusive romances for Scott right? If that's the case I might just start with Sara since they don't interest me at all and Suvi's accent is irresistible. It's too bad she looks so generic and has those awful lip flaps. I'm getting Kelly Chambers vibes from her. I almost dumped Tali for her in ME2 and was so upset with how the romance was handled in 3.

Romance SPOILERS DON'T READ:
Cora is straight only romanceable by BroRyder, Liam is straight only romanceable by SisRyder, Suvi Anwar is lesbian only romanceable SisRyder, Gil Brodie is Gay and only romanceable by BroRyder. Vetra, PeeBee and Jaal are all romanceable by anyone. Plus other romances you can have elsewhere ie. Diana Allers, possibly Kelly Chambers where if you aren't with anyone at a certain point yes etc.

Based on what I've seen people say, Sara's dialogue for flirting is such more more awkward and blunt where as Scott's is somewhat subtle. Pretty impressive how differently they designed each gender's dialogue and personality.
Oh wow, I love this! It'll make replays and New Game plus(es) feel more fresh.

Astral

it looks like
Scott gets:
Cora, Peebee, Vetra (f)
Gil (m)

Sara gets:
Suvi, Peebee, Vetra (f)
Liam, Jaal (m)

there are some off-ship romances too but no one knows how in depth they are or if they're just "flings"

Cora is straight only romanceable by BroRyder, Liam is straight only romanceable by SisRyder, Suvi Anwar is lesbian only romanceable SisRyder, Gil Brodie is Gay and only romanceable by BroRyder. Vetra, PeeBee and Jaal are all romanceable by anyone. Plus other romances you can have elsewhere ie. Diana Allers, possibly Kelly Chambers where if you aren't with anyone at a certain point yes etc.

I READ THEM! Doesn't seem too bad a list. I know who I'm romancing for sure with Sara so I'll start with her and use that play through to scope out possible romances with Scott.

Suvi
on the subreddit.

I saw that scene this morning as well. It actually made me think twice about going with Scott first because it was so good.

Here's a link for anyone who wants to see it.

it looks like
Scott gets:
Cora, Peebee, Vetra (f)
Gil (m)

Sara gets:
Suvi, Peebee, Vetra (f)
Liam, Jaal (m)

latest

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
It's just sinking in that I can play a new un-gated Mass Effect in less than 24 hours, with no disruptions, time limits or anything....so happy right now.

My six sense is telling me that the game's gonna review a lot better than people is expecting.

Mine tells me the opposite. Regardless how much fun some reviewers are having, they noticed the backlash already on the internet and they're going to be conservative on the reviews. Somewhere in the middle. That way they can avoid any controversy on their own website for loving the game. Yes, I believe that's the type of world we live in right now.

Suvi
on the subreddit.

Yeah, that scene was really fun to watch. I said so in the gaming thread, but people called me delusional ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it looks like
Scott gets:
Cora, Peebee, Vetra (f)
Gil (m)

Sara gets:
Suvi, Peebee, Vetra (f)
Liam, Jaal (m)

Wait second! Where is
the krogan
in these lists?! Don't tell me
he
isn't romanceable :(

Really hoping the OT isn't like that for those of us enjoying the game despite its issues. :/
I really hope so. I think the first week or so will be most rough since it's the newest thing and everyone will have something to say about it. But I think after a while, the thread will be mostly consistent of people who are actually interested in the game.

There's some serious 'no fun allowed' going on out there. Apparently light hearted scenes are deemed 'bad writing'. Some real edgesters out there
Seriously. I get that some of the animations and writings are legitimately bad, but people seem to be hell bent on turning everything into a flaw. Sometimes an awkward moment is meant to be awkward. That was clearly the intent behind that scene.

It seems the Asari Doctor has a flirtation with him. He is also super old, 1400 years or so. I think his romancing days are behind him
Which also mean that
the asari doctor
, won't be romancable as well. And here I thought I had a chance with
Natalie Dormer.

lol

Looks like iam gonna wait 4 dls romance. Not feeling it with this crew.

Were there romance DLC in DAs? Because there has never been one in the ME trilogy.
Did you talk to the rest of the crew? There are some characters that are romancable outside the pathfinder teammates, and seeing that I'm pretty sure there are a lot of romances that are still hidden from the trial

Think I'll probably romance Suvi or PeeBee with my FemRyder. Unless Vetra somehow convinces me, but I have no idea how a human/turian relationship works. :lol

diaspora

Were there romance DLC in DAs? Because there has never been one in the ME trilogy.
Did you talk to the rest of the crew? There are some characters that are romancable outside the pathfinder teammates, and seeing that I'm pretty sure there are a lot of romances that are still hidden from the trial

Not in DA:I or DA:O either iirc.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Think I'll probably romance Suvi or PeeBee with my FemRyder. Unless Vetra somehow convinces me, but I have no idea how a human/turian relationship works. :lol

Cora and Vetra are both level pegging for my LI, not into Turian looks, but if their sweat glands are anything like Quarian ones, I'm down.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My trial ran out just went I got into the Tempest. Barely got a chance to know Vetra lol.

Welp. Guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday. :(

Is there any way to unlock the game early on Xbox? All my usual loopholes were closed to access other regions.

Game releases thursday in europe and I'm importing from UK meaning I could be waiting a whole nother week. All I need to know is if gift cards still work if bought from 3rd party retailers.

Edit: Done

Suvi
on the subreddit.

This just reaffirmed the fact that I already was going to romance
Suvi
, just adorable.

Is there any way to unlock the game early on Xbox? All my usual loopholes were closed to access other regions.

Game releases thursday in europe and I'm importing from UK meaning I could be waiting a whole nother week. All I need to know is if gift cards still work if bought from 3rd party retailers.
Solved. Bought HKD from Play Asia and redeemed it on my PC while buying ME Andromeda on the Xbox app, Region set to Hong Kong. I technically paid ~€8 more than buying it from Amazon UK but that is worth a week to me and I still have ~70HKD left. Also let me use my EA access discount (which I bought in Hungarian Forint)

I love the digital age.

Top Bottom