• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

Glad we got some form of confirmation for one race. I hope for a Quarian crewmate. Since they are doing a long term mission some experience on food production on this missions would be necessary.

I don't want another Tali but someone with a less hero worship that Tali had. Maybe a Migrant Fleet exile.

diaspora

We have seen atypical non-brutish Krogans before. There was the poet on Illium (RIP) and Thax's business representative on Illium (stolen goods side-quest).

diaspora

The thing with Bioware is that over the course of 3 games they set up the question around the moral decision of whether or not the Krogans deserved another chance and only showed us two Krogans that didn't have war-blueballs. Three if you count Eve, and the other two were in the game for a few minutes.

The thing with Bioware is that over the course of 3 games they set up the question around the moral decision of whether or not the Krogans deserved another chance and only showed us two Krogans that didn't have war-blueballs. Three if you count Eve, and the other two were in the game for a few minutes.

Are we counting Wrex?

diaspora

Are we counting Wrex?

ehh, Wrex could go either way. He's not obsessed with the restoration of the Krogan empire/rebellions. But when I say war-blueballs I'm referring to this weird pathological obsession with violence which IMO would include Wrex even if he doesn't want a repeat of the rebellions.

I just feel like the Krogans need a galaxy-wide... football/rugby league or something. Some kind of brutal sport to vent with.

ehh, Wrex could go either way. He's not obsessed with the restoration of the Krogan empire/rebellions. But when I say war-blueballs I'm referring to this weird pathological obsession with violence which IMO would include Wrex even if he doesn't want a repeat of the rebellions.

I just feel like the Krogans need a galaxy-wide... football/rugby league or something. Some kind of brutal sport to vent with.

Krogan Football League would be a hell of a thing.

Edit: Also, I think you're being somewhat unfair to Wrex. His whole thing was about abandoning the old Krogan ways, including unneeded violence. Ending the wars between the clans and all that. Proving that Krogans could be good neighbors.

Mindlog

Krogan Football League would be a hell of a thing.

Edit: Also, I think you're being somewhat unfair to Wrex. His whole thing was about abandoning the old Krogan ways, including unneeded violence. Ending the wars between the clans and all that. Proving that Krogans could be good neighbors.
Krogan do play football.
02/07/2010 - New York Giants Defeat Beijing Dragons 24-19 in Super Bowl CCXIX

“Earth nations gathered around their vidsets today for Super Bowl CCXIX, an annual sporting and media event that culminates the North-American-Union-Rules football season. The New York Giants defied expectations and took down the Beijing Dragons in a tight 24-19 game. The highlight was a 69-yard pass from krogan QB Bragus Thul. The game's top-3 hit commercials were Aldrin Labs' hilarious "Improvise", Unithirst's "Coffee Cola Rock 'n' Rolla", and Binary Helix's "Not My Future, Thanks." As for the greatest tease, it goes to the trailer for the soon-to-be summer blockbuster Nekyia Corridor, which sent sports fans to the extranet trying to find out what the heck a nekyia was.”

Maledict

I do think they screwed up the Krogan in the original trilogy. They made the decision to reverse the genophage a moral one, where the clear 'good' answer was to cure it, but the games themself really did not back making that decision. Throughout the entire series we are constantly shown warlike Krogan, and constantly told how bad it would be for the genophage to be cured, and yet in the end they force the decision on you.

I much preferred it as it was in ME2, where it felt much more like a moral grey choice.

Like not acting like it is a big reveal for us to get excited over as if they are bringing us god's gift, but it would be a great resource channel to feed the small info flow we want from dev updates
hm, I'm still not sure what you're referring to. I just remember playing Me2 and then walking by the tv terminal things that would radio events of past missions that you completed thus far.

DOWN

Banned
hm, I'm still not sure what you're referring to. I just remember playing Me2 and then walking by the tv terminal things that would radio events of past missions that you completed thus far.

People don't like when devs or publishers tell everyone to get hyped for new reveals at XX date and then the date comes and they just show off like costumes or something

Patryn

What he is talking about and what you're thinking about are completely unrelated. He's talking about Bioware's PR plan for Andromeda, not anything in the game.

Mindlog

What he is talking about and what you're thinking about are completely unrelated. He's talking about Bioware's PR plan for Andromeda, not anything in the game.
Indeed. Basically Bioware PR would pretend nothing happened and start doing news bulletins that transition between Mass Effect: Milky Way and Mass Effect: Andromeda.
It was fun seeing them build Mass Effect 3 up a bit with Alliance Network News. They even killed poor Emily Wong in the ongoing story updates. RIP.
7cLpZWy.jpg

Every update on the Smash Bros Dojo blog for Brawl- minor or otherwise was an absolute shitstorm. To this day I don't think there was anything like it on GAF.
oh. is that what down was referring to?
People don't like when devs or publishers tell everyone to get hyped for new reveals at XX date and then the date comes and they just show off like costumes or something
yeah of course. although we haven't seen very much of this game so the next reveal release should be something significant.
hence, why I stated i didn't know what it was about.

Patryn

Honestly, when they start revealing stuff I may have to start avoiding this thread. I think I want to go into Andromeda semi-blind, similar to the way I went into ME2 and ME3.

Honestly, when they start revealing stuff I may have to start avoiding this thread. I think I want to go into Andromeda semi-blind, similar to the way I went into ME2 and ME3.
well...it's very very likely that there'll be designated threads in the general section for the new news for Me4.

Mindlog

hence, why I stated i didn't know what it was about.
I don't understand your confusion. They should restart the blog without telling anyone. Just let a player find out and let fans debate for a couple of days whether the new site is legit or fanfic.
Torn.
Going into Andromeda blind would be great, but I'm aching for some multiplayer details.

I can already see that stuff leaking into this thread. Witness some of the conversations on the previous two pages, for instance.
Oh I don't doubt that, I'm saying avoiding this thread won't be enough. You might as well avoid gaf for a little while lol when news hits this place, everyone finds out
I don't understand your confusion. They should restart the blog without telling anyone. Just let a player find out and let fans debate for a couple of days whether the new site is legit or fanfic.
So is this like an in-game blog or a bioware/ea blog?

Is this going to be the start of a new trilogy or is that still just a popular speculation?

If it is, I wonder if the trilogy will be Mass Effect: Andromeda, and then Mass Effervt: Andromeda 2 and then Andromeda 3, like how they do all the cod sub-series. It'll be pretty annoying if they just do a new subtitle for every single installment here on out imo.

Mindlog

So is this like an in-game blog or a bioware/ea blog?
I forgot you were newer to the series. Basically Cerberus Daily News was started up around the same time ME2 released. I can't remember if the feeds made it into the game's startup screen or not. In the leadup to Mass Effect 3 it was changed to Alliance Network News. The releases are a bunch of small color pieces that have fun with the fiction. They could use it to set up the departure from ME:MW if they wanted to do so. This has the really big plus of being able to slip some details of the Mass Effect Universe without necessarily being a spoiler.

So in the days before EA does their big E3 trailer reveal they could give a nod to the developers by creating a story about all the engineers that have readied the Ark for launch.

Patryn

Is this going to be the start of a new trilogy or is that still just a popular speculation?

If it is, I wonder if the trilogy will be Mass Effect: Andromeda, and then Mass Effervt: Andromeda 2 and then Andromeda 3, like how they do all the cod sub-series. It'll be pretty annoying if they just do a new subtitle for every single installment here on out imo.
They have not said it will be a trilogy. A bunch of fans are just assuming that for no real reason.

I'd be shocked if it's a trilogy and not just a series of connected games.

diaspora

For all we know each successive Andromeda game can take place decades if not centuries after each other given the lack of relays so far.

I forgot you were newer to the series. Basically Cerberus Daily News was started up around the same time ME2 released. I can't remember if the feeds made it into the game's startup screen or not. In the leadup to Mass Effect 3 it was changed to Alliance Network News. The releases are a bunch of small color pieces that have fun with the fiction. They could use it to set up the departure from ME:MW if they wanted to do so. This has the really big plus of being able to slip some details of the Mass Effect Universe without necessarily being a spoiler.

So in the days before EA does their big E3 trailer reveal they could give a nod to the developers by creating a story about all the engineers that have readied the Ark for launch.
Oh I see. Well I started with Me2, so perhaps this is something I should've been more aware of. But anyways, what's the say here? That people would rather not have such a news network for Me4 so as to go in completely devoid when playing it?
They have not said it will be a trilogy. A bunch of fans are just assuming that for no real reason.

I'd be shocked if it's a trilogy and not just a series of connected games.
Connected games? You mean like in dragon age? If they're not doing a trilogy like last time it'll feel like the new protagonist won't have the vitality for the franchise that shepard did.

Patryn

Connected games? You mean like in dragon age? If they're not doing a trilogy like last time it'll feel like the new protagonist won't have the vitality for the franchise that shepard did.

Exactly like Dragon Age.

And that's possible, but by not setting out from the start with trilogy in mind, that means that they can adjust as needed and are not stuck in the ways they were during the original trilogy.

I expect if Ryder is popular, they'll star in multiple games. If not, then they can pull a Hawke and move to a new protagonist that works a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom