• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've let Wrex, the data, and the genophage cure all go to hell in subsequent play throughs of the series including my most recent one. Feels good

I reached this point of the game a couple of days ago, and I had actually forgotten all about this scene strangely enough, despite having seen it on 10+ playthroughs(though tbf, my last playthrough of ME3 was like 2.5 years ago). Watching Mordin dragging himself to reach the console and disperse the cure even after I had shot him had me in awe, the guy sure was determined, I'll give him that.

Mordin is one of my most favourite Mass Effect squadmates, which makes it all the more unfortunate that he refused to see reason. RIP Mordin.

EJ9AvS18WVYZO.gif

May Wrex's ghost haunt you for eternity.

Ralemont

not me
EJ9AvS18WVYZO.gif

May Wrex's ghost haunt you for eternity.

Mass Effect 3 is a fucking hardcore game.

Still remember this tweet exchange with my friend:

"Yay peace between geth and quarians! What happens if you dont have enough points?"

"You either shoot Legion in the head three times and the geth die or choose the geth and the quarians ships fall burning into the atmosphere and Tali throws herself off a cliff."

"Holy fuck?"

Killzig

So the gameplay video is not coming today I guess? They're not teasing anything like they always do.

Aren't they on mountain time? Not even 9 AM. I thought maybe Friday would be the video drop. Maybe Shinobi can grease some wheels. I promise to be nice to the Quarian and Krogan if you do Shinobi.

Mass Effect 3 is a fucking hardcore game.

Still remember this tweet exchange with my friend:

"Yay peace between geth and quarians! What happens if you dont have enough points?"

"You either shoot Legion in the head three times and the geth die or choose the geth and the quarians ships fall burning into the atmosphere and Tali throws herself off a cliff."

"Holy fuck?"

So the gameplay video is not coming today I guess? They're not teasing anything like they always do.

If something is coming out today expect it in an hour or two hours from now. That's when pretty much everything else marketing-wise to-date has come out.

Ralemont

not me
After I play Andromeda once I'm going to go back to my very first ME2 run which I never imported into ME3, in which Legion and Thane died. It's going to change Rannoch so drastically and I can't wait.

Patryn

So looks like they're showing off the PC version. Also looks like the press might be able to try out both the KB+M and controller controls?

Tovarisc

NAKMOR DRACK
"Do you have any idea how many humans I've watched die? You're meat. You spoil."

There's old, and then there's Drack. The elder krogan spent more than 1,400 years causing a ruckus in the Milky Way—wearing the title of soldier, mercenary, and at times, pirate. When the loyal, but stubborn, veteran was given the chance to join his clan on a voyage to Andromeda, he had no choice but to sign up. Doing so would present him with a whole new galaxy of stuff to shoot.

https://www.masseffect.com/news/nakmor-drack

Ralemont

not me
NAKMOR DRACK
"Do you have any idea how many humans I've watched die? You're meat. You spoil."

There's old, and then there's Drack. The elder krogan spent more than 1,400 years causing a ruckus in the Milky Way—wearing the title of soldier, mercenary, and at times, pirate. When the loyal, but stubborn, veteran was given the chance to join his clan on a voyage to Andromeda, he had no choice but to sign up. Doing so would present him with a whole new galaxy of stuff to shoot.

Hmm, guess I am ok with Krogan Zaeed.

I like how the Nakmor were like "Fuck this, we're outta this crummy galaxy" and then everyone valuable to the clan peaced off into deep space, leaving the rest of the Krogan to squat on Tuchanka.

I suspect they aren't the only clan to go though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So the trailer tomorrow is mostly just about weapons & skills? Damn. :( Was hoping for it to be more like a 15 mins video of a typical mission, with everything mixed in, hub, combat, vehicule, dialogue, that sort of thing.

Guess they'll focus on that another time...

Are you saying Shepard is mysteriously absent? Her story is over. I'm sure the Ryder's story will also be over, but we'll get another protagonist.
Well, I meant it more so with how they did it in Dragon Age with consistently shifting the location and perspective enough so that they wouldn't have to deal with what the previous playable character did too directly.
As cool as I think hanging with my created Shepard for three whole AAA RPGs, I've gathered the sense from the developers that logistically it was a nightmare, it handicapped the role-playing and choices to a degree, and given how it ended they want no parts of trying that again. And while I do think we'll get better singular games as a result, it comes off as taking the path of least resistance after the original trilogy.
Long story short, I think it'll be lame when we get to Andromeda 2 and we get the conversation about why those Pathfinder siblings aren't doing the important thing you're doing with the new person.
Unless they die or something.

Sou Da

NAKMOR DRACK

https://www.masseffect.com/news/nakmor-drack

He's the most lizardy I've seen a krogan look.

So the trailer tomorrow is mostly just about weapons & skills? Damn. :( Was hoping for it to be more like a 15 mins video of a typical mission, with everything mixed in, hub, combat, vehicule, dialogue, that sort of thing.

Guess they'll focus on that another time...
It's a weekly series of videos focused on all aspects of gameplay, including all that stuff so I think it'll still be appreciated regardless. And it keeps the game on everyone's minds up to launch, not to mention other trailers, lots of previews next week, the MP test, etc.

Killzig

It's a weekly series of videos focused on all aspects of gameplay, including all that stuff so I think it'll still be appreciated regardless. And it keeps the game on everyone's minds up to launch, not to mention other trailers, lots of previews next week, the MP test, etc.

So is tomorrow's video a short (<3 min) trailer and next week we'll see the longer form videos?

Hahaha. I was like that in ME2. I finished that game 14 times! All of them with MaleShep and all of them paragon...

I played through that game and ME3 so many darn times. Must have done a playthrough with almost all romances for both games and most of the time ended up Paragon.

Only ones I didn't do were Cortez and gay Kaidan.

Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif

I played through that game and ME3 so many darn times. Must have done a playthrough with almost all romances for both games and most of the time ended up Paragon.

Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif
Hahaha. In ME2 I romanced every girl as well. But ME3's ending really burnt me out. I never went back to play that game again. The only ME game that I just finished once.

Mindlog

I replayed every game many times over, but almost every playthrough ended up being less about making different choices and more about trying out the other classes.

Some choices are just too gruesome.
Always support, Charles Saracino. Always.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
More than 1,400 years old is super old. It would mean Drack was born during or perhaps fought in the Krogan Rebellions.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man, 1400 years old? That's older than Asari live right?

Average life expectancy for Asair and Krogan is 1,000 years, though they can live over. Drack is a legitimate relic.

A full renegade ME3 playthrough is as hard for me to play as a full evil playthrough of Planescape Torment. The things you can do in that game are stomach turning.

Average life expectancy for Asair and Krogan is 1,000 years, though they can live over. Drack is a legitimate relic.
Average life expectancy for Krogan is way less than a thousand years, because they tend to die violently very often. Krogan can theoretically live longer than Asari, IIRC, but reaching such an age is rare for either species.

I'm guessing he lost his right arm or it was badly damaged because you can't see his skin/hide. Otherwise I'm at a loss as to what the prosthetics are for. Unless he's got a fake leg.... Drack the Krogan peg-leg space pirate.

Could be both. And unless I'm misremembering, this makes him the first amputee character in ME. Milestone!

And yeah, he looks crazy old.

Also, let's talk about that flak cannon he's toting around. Can I use that? I wanna use that.

Gay Kaiden is the best Kaiden.

In ME1 I re-rolled as femShep because I thought it was stupid that there was no same sex romance option for guys. I only played as MaleShep recently, and only because they threw GayShep a bone in ME3 :p

Adryuu

Any idea when the MP test would be taking place, more or less? It would suck for me if it's already March, because of Zelda and/or Horizon, but I guess it's not coming much earlier given what date is today and there's still not news about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom