• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Outside of the licensed club tracks, the ME2 and ME3 soundtracks were very forgettable. The few songs I remember liking were just paying homage to tracks in ME1 and I would rather listen to those instead.

ME3 has maybe 2 songs i really like. Mars and the one that plays once Shepard choose his last decision on the Citadel until we reach the part where the Normandy crashed on that jungle planet. Probably the only good thing from that ending.

The rest of the songs i like from ME3 comes directly from ME1.

Kimaka

You wait one damn minute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQeFvUuPNHc

If this doesn't get you, you're not doing it right.

Sorry, it does nothing for me. Though, I like it better than the reaper horn song.

'Creation' from Mass Effect 3 was amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKPSORPGRAQ

As was the Illusive Man theme from ME2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qVUkDWlTk

Overall though the ME1 soundtrack is unmatched.

ME3 has maybe 2 songs i really like. Mars and the one that plays once Shepard choose his last decision on the Citadel until we reach the part where the Normandy crashed on that jungle planet. Probably the only good thing from that ending.

The rest of the songs i like from ME3 comes directly from ME1.

I forgot about Creation and Mars. Those are good.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Me1 had a lot of samey sounding tracks. I thought 3 had a lot of variety

nel e nel

What about ME1 man? All about exploration, atmosphere and the best story and soundtrack of the trilogy.

Just talking about it wants me to start a trilogy run. Again. For the XXth time.

I've been on a ME kick again recently. It has recently occurred to me that this is my favorite game-series of all time. Can't wait for ME4......so I'm replaying 2 and 3 again.

Ha! I just started ME3 on a 5th(!) runthrough of the series. I can see how some folks can't go back to ME1 as it's essentially a completely different game, than 2 +3. I mean, 2/3 are basically 1 game broken in to 2 parts, ME2 is levels 1-30, ME3 is levels 30-60.

Here is a great in-depth look at the entire series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hct5WeBmsUM

Speaking of music, it's great how they buried Vigil deep in the background sounds of the Normandy in the sequels.

Bisnic

Looks like a peer review/presentation.

jyF9FcLyzgOtw.png

iAludgyckILNq.gif

angrygnat

I'm getting that low sinking feeling that were not going to see a new ME game for two+ years. I mean if we see anything at E3 2015 that means Sept-Dec 2016 release. Guess I'm going to have to start reading the books.

Patryn

I'm getting that low sinking feeling that were not going to see a new ME game for two+ years. I mean if we see anything at E3 2015 that means Sept-Dec 2016 release. Guess I'm going to have to start reading the books.

Given that they showed some stuff at this E3, I think an unveiling at E3 2015 is totally reasonable.

Keep in mind that they've likely been quiet about the game in order to give Dragon Age Inquisition time to breathe. Come November, once that's out, it's Mass Effect's time to shine.

I still don't believe it's a 2015 title (although I could see it being originally announced for Q4 2015), but I think Q1 2016 is likely.

Fedele

Given that they showed some stuff at this E3, I think an unveiling at E3 2015 is totally reasonable.

Keep in mind that they've likely been quiet about the game in order to give Dragon Age Inquisition time to breathe. Come November, once that's out, it's Mass Effect's time to shine.

I still don't believe it's a 2015 title (although I could see it being originally announced for Q4 2015), but I think Q1 2016 is likely.

There's also N7 Day, so I believe we'll be seeing something this year still... Maybe the Remastered Trilogy?

Patryn

There's also N7 Day, so I believe we'll be seeing something this year still... Maybe the Remastered Trilogy?

I think even Shinobi has given up on the Remastered Trilogy. Apparently all of EA's Unreal licenses expired, so they'd have to port everything over to Frostbite to do it, and the amount of work that would require vs. the return is not worth it.

Basically, I'd be absolutely shocked if it happened this console generation.

Saw the DLC's on sale...never played any of them for ME3.

Am probably going to start a play through of the entire trilogy again. I've been wanting to do it for awhile now, and since I have some new content might as well give it a go.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I think even Shinobi has given up on the Remastered Trilogy. Apparently all of EA's Unreal licenses expired, so they'd have to port everything over to Frostbite to do it, and the amount of work that would require vs. the return is not worth it.

I don't why releasing something that would make money and there is a demand for would be "shocking"

Bisnic

I don't why releasing something that would make money and there is a demand for would be "shocking"

The demand isn't strong enough to put so many people into converting three 30+ hours last gen games into a totally new engine. It would be like developping three new games where they don't have to worry about the story because it's already in place.

Patryn

Because of the whole situation with the license expiring coupled with how deep into the new generation we're getting?

I also think you can't guarantee that it would make money, given the costs necessary to produce it at this point.

jmood88

Outside of the licensed club tracks, the ME2 and ME3 soundtracks were very forgettable. The few songs I remember liking were just paying homage to tracks in ME1 and I would rather listen to those instead.

I completely disagree and I've never understood the love for the Mass Effect 1 soundtrack. The music was ok but it wasn't anything special, outside of the Galaxy map theme that was better in Mass Effect 2.

I completely disagree and I've never understood the love for the Mass Effect 1 soundtrack. The music was ok but it wasn't anything special, outside of the Galaxy map theme that was better in Mass Effect 2.

Vigils theme is VERY memorable and is revisited a number of times during the trilogy.

It really killed me when they played it after SPOILERS
Mordins death and Legions sacrifice
in Mass Effect 3. If there are two tracks that sum up Mass Effect for me is Vigils theme and Uncharted Worlds.

The Citadel/Presidium/Wards also evoke the emotions I felt playing the first game, exploring the citadel for the first time.

Mass Effect 2 soundtrack is very forgettable for me outside of The End Run/Suicide Mission tracks, I have to say though that Suicide Mission track is probably my most favorite theme from all three games.

I absolutely adore Mass Effect 3 soundtrack, I'm not sure if it's because of the impact it had on me or whether it is a genuinely great soundtrack but it is my favorite.

Patryn

Vigils theme is VERY memorable and is revisited a number of times during the trilogy.

It really killed me when they played it after SPOILERS
Mordins death and Legions sacrifice
in Mass Effect 3. If there are two tracks that sum up Mass Effect for me is Vigils theme and Uncharted Worlds.

The Citadel/Presidium/Wards also evoke the emotions I felt playing the first game, exploring the citadel for the first time.

Mass Effect 2 soundtrack is very forgettable for me outside of The End Run/Suicide Mission tracks, I have to say though that Suicide Mission track is probably my most favorite theme from all three games.

I absolutely adore Mass Effect 3 soundtrack, I'm not sure if it's because of the impact it had on me or whether it is a genuinely great soundtrack but it is my favorite.
I actually really do adore both Leaving Earth and An End Once and For All (although they're practically the same song).

Clint Mansell did good (albeit limited) work.

It doesn't really...there's more than one game that will (likely) be revealed for the first time next E3 and release later in the year. Uncharted 4 comes to mind, Halo 5 as well (campaign/story at least), among others.

prag16

Banned
It doesn't really...there's more than one game that will (likely) be revealed for the first time next E3 and release later in the year. Uncharted 4 comes to mind, Halo 5 as well (campaign/story at least), among others.
Yeah, I don't expect late 2016 unless there are major unforseen development problems. My money is still on Q1 2016 with an outside shot at Q4 2015.

DOWN

Banned

The most obvious reason besides the licenses expiring is because EA doesn't do remasters. At all. That's a Square, Sony, MS, Ubisoft, Activision thing. Where are these EA remasters I'm forgetting?

Except keep in mind they don't consider the new ME even announced yet. There is supposed to be an announcement (probably with the title) when they consider it ready to announce. Uncharted 4 was announced E3 2013 for late 2015 release.It's not going to be announced and given it's first trailer at E3 2015 and released 4-5 months later to get out in time for Holiday 2015.

You can't seriously consider two games like Uncharted 4 and Halo 5 which had actual press announcements and trailers long before even 2014 to be announce/reveal/releases all in 2015. ME has yet to get an actual press announcement or trailer.

nel e nel

Considering how much shit people gave BiowarEA for rushing out ME3, I would think people would be willing to wait a bit for this installment.

For a long time I thought that ME3 multiplayer introduced the tools/gameplay/strategy for a good Jade Empire sequel. You could re-skin the N7 slayer as Gao the Greater. A Krogan Warlord could be Smiling Mountain. You could replace guns with swords, bows, etc. You could add projectile weapons like knives, stars, needles, etc. Now I await Dragon Age multiplayer to see what more could be added. I gotta feeling that it will come around eventually, as Bioware has said in their forums website that the Jade "ideas" folder is still around and growing. This is my wish.

DirtyCase

Way too hyped for this. November is shaping up to be a great month. I get to enjoy DA:I and Mass Effect Next will start to be shown in earnest.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
another n7 day

another thread for meee

Braag

More Mass Effect is always good, love this series so I'm excited to see where they're gonna take it next.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
The only hope and dream I have for the next Mass Effect game is that it's more like ME1 than ME2 and ME3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom