• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The nastiest ass alcohol you could ever have ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood

Banned
EVERCLEAR .... the only way to describe it is pure RUBBING ALCOHOL. I was drunk 10 straight hours Saturday (UL final four baby!) and took a shot of that during my intoxication ... and that is the nastiest stuff I've ever drank. Anyone ever drink that? And my head is still a little sore over a day later ... craziness. No more drinknig for me for a month or two.

Hollywood

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
Isn' Everclear like 150 proof or something?

all I saw was 95% whole grain alcohol on the bottle .... I was wasted so i was like 'ill give it a try' ... coughed like 10 times after drinking that stuff. It's rubbing alcohol without the stuff in it that makes you sick.

The first time I ever had something like that was with some Polish guys in the international dorms in Japan. They had this vodka that was 180 proof. I didn't know it was, and somebody poured me like a glass of it. Luckily someone stopped me before I started going.

It's incredible stuff. Evaporates as soon as it hits your lips, creating a terrible cooling sensation. Then fire as it wends its way down your throat. I had an Irish version of it once at an Irish bar in Osaka.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Isn' Everclear like 150 proof or something?

190. It also doesn't taste like anything IMO (but boy does it burn). I haven't drank any since my Frosh year of College. There's a big-ass warning on the bottle saying that it's dangerous shit.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
devils_springs_vodka_liter_large.gif

^^^
Most diesel shit, proof-wise, I've ever had the displeasure of drinking. Back in high school, with my "mistress" (was dating my future wife at the same time), mixed it with Pepsi of all the fucking things (it was that or Orangina). Goddamn that shit was awful. Still, beggars can't be choosers--it was the only liquor her parents had in the entire apartment.

8bit

Knows the Score
Grappa. It's made from Artichokes or something equally vile.

--

Oh, or Aftershock, favourite of UK students.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
everclear isn't that bad. it gets the job done, that's for sure.

the worst is your cheaper vodkas....the kind that cost $9 for a handle. Skol, McCormick's, etc.

shit is flat out nasty.

metroid23

Everclear 190 is about all I'll drink. You can't buy it in the state of Washington, so we have to travel to the Canadian border to pick it up. There you can get a fifth for $20. Nothing will get you drunk faster or cheaper :)

I think someone mentioned it here, but yeah, it's essentially pure ethanol. I've read that the reason it's 95% or 190proof is that you can't distill 100% ethanol because at that point it will pull moisture from the air and dilute itself to 95%. It's rubbing alcohol without the chemical that will make you go blind if you drink it.

I think it's pretty hilarious that the Bacardi 151 bottles have a flame guard and say keep away from flame. Whereas the cheapass bottle of 190 has nothing and says keep away from heat. :)

Also, there are some states (like CA) that can't sell any alcohol over 151 proof so they market "everclear" in it's diluted 151 proof state.

Personally, I find an Austrian 160proof Rum "Stroh" the worst alcohol you can imagine. It is absolutely terrible. It smells a little like vanilla when you open it, but it goes down a little like what I imagine raw sewage would taste like. And then lingers for an hour ;)

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
8bit said:
Grappa. It's made from Artichokes or something equally vile.

--

Oh, or Aftershock, favourite of UK students.

Ugh, Aftershock is seriously rank. Tastes like hairspray.

ToxicAdam

I would drink bad vodka over bad whiskey (straight).

But, bad vodka will give you the worst hangover's you have ever had in your life.

I am surprised no one has said Malt Liquor yet. Unless you are 18, and its all you can get ... there is no excuse for drinking it.

Hollywood

Banned
metroid23 said:
Everclear 190 is about all I'll drink. You can't buy it in the state of Washington, so we have to travel to the Canadian border to pick it up. There you can get a fifth for $20. Nothing will get you drunk faster or cheaper :)

I think someone mentioned it here, but yeah, it's essentially pure ethanol. I've read that the reason it's 95% or 190proof is that you can't distill 100% ethanol because at that point it will pull moisture from the air and dilute itself to 95%. It's rubbing alcohol without the chemical that will make you go blind if you drink it.

I think it's pretty hilarious that the Bacardi 151 bottles have a flame guard and say keep away from flame. Whereas the cheapass bottle of 190 has nothing and says keep away from heat. :)

Also, there are some states (like CA) that can't sell any alcohol over 151 proof so they market "everclear" in it's diluted 151 proof state.

Personally, I find an Austrian 160proof Rum "Stroh" the worst alcohol you can imagine. It is absolutely terrible. It smells a little like vanilla when you open it, but it goes down a little like what I imagine raw sewage would taste like. And then lingers for an hour ;)

Ugh .. I don't see how you can drink Everclear. I'm a vodka fan, but I couldn't stand that stuff. I need Absolut or something. Actually I'm more of a gin fan. Gin is a lot like vodka, but different somehow. Can't quite explain it.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Hollywood said:
EVERCLEAR .... the only way to describe it is pure RUBBING ALCOHOL.

You're supposed mix it into something. Everclear is 95% alcohol, what the hell did you expect it to taste like, cotton-fucking-candy?

metroid23

Hollywood said:
Ugh .. I don't see how you can drink Everclear. I'm a vodka fan, but I couldn't stand that stuff. I need Absolut or something. Actually I'm more of a gin fan. Gin is a lot like vodka, but different somehow. Can't quite explain it.

I'm not what you would call an "alcohol connoisseur" by any means ;)

Basically, I want something that will get me from 0 to drunk as fast as possible. Two shots of good old EC and you're done for the whole night! (Well, at least for me- 6'5" 150lbs)

Hollywood

Banned
xsarien said:
You're supposed mix it into something. Everclear is 95% alcohol, what the hell did you expect it to taste like, cotton-fucking-candy?

I drink everything straight up. I've had other straight alcohol shots that didn't taste that bad though. I didn't pay for it though, but I guess if you're down for some low grade high ethanol beverages thats about as good as it gets.

Eminem said:
everclear isn't that bad. it gets the job done, that's for sure.

the worst is your cheaper vodkas....the kind that cost $9 for a handle. Skol, McCormick's, etc.

shit is flat out nasty.

I once had some cheapass Carribean rum. worst liquor ever.

Guiness.

My friends and I bought a six pack of this stuff about a decade ago, around High School and we all nursed a bottle to it's bitter end before admitting defeat. Nobody knows what came of the rest of that damned six pack.

It's like drinking a cup of wood.

Or at least what I imagine an end table would taste like if you liquified it.

Fucking awful.

Can't say I'm a fan of hard liqour, namely because I prefer stuff that tastes like something other than fire. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Has to be Georgi Vodka. I've had the misfortune of it being the only alcohol around twice in my life and both times I drank a lot, never really got drunk at all, but later at night I would end up throwing up. All the after effects with none of the fun, what is this garbage!?

Tortfeasor

When I was in undergrad someone bought a plastic 2 liter bottle of purple passion. It is grape soda pop mixed with EVERCLEAR. It was the rankest stuff I have ever tasted.

8bit

Knows the Score
ToxicAdam said:
I would drink bad vodka over bad whiskey (straight).

But, bad vodka will give you the worst hangover's you have ever had in your life.

I am surprised no one has said Malt Liquor yet. Unless you are 18, and its all you can get ... there is no excuse for drinking it.

What is Malt Liquor? As I'm eurofolk, I've never understood what it is.

8bit said:

It's just a stronger, light beer... Which is usually very cheap, and tastes like shit. Nothing like getting fucked up on some Old English or King Cobra.

masud

Banned
8bit said:
Insanely watered down cheap beer. Well that’s what it tastes like I don't know if it's technically beer. It's popular only because it's cheap, here in NYC you can buy a 24oz can of night flight for like 50 cents.

Their study of 329 drinkers in Los Angeles found that malt liquor drinkers are different from those who choose other tipples.

Dictionary.com says:

To drink (alcoholic liquor) or engage in such drinking, especially habitually or to excess.

n.

Alcoholic liquor.

Interestng.

Guiness.

My friends and I bought a six pack of this stuff about a decade ago, around High School and we all nursed a bottle to it's bitter end before admitting defeat. Nobody knows what came of the rest of that damned six pack.

It's like drinking a cup of wood.

WHATWHATWHAT???!?!

Now, THIS is bad beer.
212%20natural%20light%20good%20times.JPG

It's not strong or anything, but Pucker is the sickest stuff I've ever had the displeasure of trying.... I HATE sweet alcohol, but my friend wanted me to try it, I tried it, and almost spontaneously vommited. Sweet + Alcohol = Disgusting.

Tortfeasor

Here is a review of little kings beer from http://40ouncebeer.com . It is truely terrible stuff.

This shit tasted like a diaper full of shrimp. I couldn't even finish it, I dumped about half of it out. Why I drank half of it? well I thought maybe, just maybe this bitch would get better with a little buzz.....HELL NO!!!! I rate Little Kings a 1 out of 10. I'm only giving it a 1 because Any beer in a 40 deserves at least a 1.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
and just for fun, look what i got at a flea market the other day:

guitar.JPG

bubble1.JPG

the second one bubbles as well. nothing like haggling with dirty flea market folk.

Pretty cool, I've got a MGD neon hung up in my bedroom. Really nice.

And then I've got some MGD poster made with aluminum. It's like 4' x 3' but I don't want to hang it up. My folks used to have a restaurant, and they took that back for me. Good lookin' out...

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
yeah, you know i was looking on ebay for neons and stuff, and jesus they're expensive. i got those for $35 each. if i were to sell them on ebay i could sell them for more than double that.
a bar/restaurant owner isn't a bad person to know

ChryZ

Soju aka korean liquor

255.jpg

Almost no smell, no taste, no color ... but a hangover to remember, nasty stuff ... never again, NEVER *shakesfist*

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
worst shit i've ever had wat Popov Blue Label. Only 100 proof, but tastes like you're drinking that shit they put on oxypads... awful shit. Orange juice barely covered the taste.

Eminem said:
yeah, you know i was looking on ebay for neons and stuff, and jesus they're expensive. i got those for $35 each. if i were to sell them on ebay i could sell them for more than double that.
a bar/restaurant owner isn't a bad person to know

They get so much crap, but even better is to know a guy who works for an alcohol distributor, which is how I got MY neon.

Mario_Hugo

Lisa Edelstein's dad touched my private parts. True fact.
Really quick..

Okay, I typically drink Belvedere or Kettle One tonic these days, but I used to be obsessed with Bombay Saphire, which I can't stand anymore. I drink a bunch still, but I stick to wines and vodkas. i'd like to drnk more tequilla but it makes my girlfriend go insane, literally--it like, releases her id and even she acknowledges it so we avoid it. As per shots, SoCo lime. I have an awful gag reflex and I've thrown up twice from simple alchohol flavor--my throat usually alerts me to the fact I'm going to throw up by tensing up really quickly, then it's a fight for control with my tensed up neck. One time was straight Bombay after an extended hiatus. It was more contextual than that--awful meal, etc. Anyway, the most awful liquor I have ever had was in a bar in Barcelona. I took it down, threw it back up right into my mouth, and blew it all over the bar. I wasn't a bit embarrased, because even my ultra-seasoned friend was like, "I threw up into my mouth...and swallowed."

I once drank from an 8 dollar gigantic handle of rum--I swear that I was hallucinating, yes, hallucinating from alchohol, within 25 minutes and two drinks.

Pimpwerx

Zima Gold. Easily the most disgusting swill ever passed off as a beverage. Even after a night of heavy drinking, I couldn't bring myself to take more than a couple painful hauls of this disgusting drink.

Becks is pretty bad too, but there are far worse than that. PEACE.

darlyn

Everclear is great for making punch.. and Pucker is yummy in Appletinis!

Now for something really hardcore:
moulinvert_xsm.gif

Oops.. crossposting. But I'll leave this here for the emphasis. Nothing like a trip to Prague to make you never ever forget (or remember?) what absinthe can do to you.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
mini-absinthe-red-big.jpg

It has a somewhat bitter/herbal taste.

It's banned in the United States. It supposedly has psychoactive ingredients but I did not experience any hallucinogenic effects. I did get drunk pretty quick on it though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
*sigh*

Booze is ethyl alcohol/ethanol. Rubbing alcohol is isopropyl alcohol, and is also helpful in cleaning cpu heatsinks when pure. The third kind, methyl alcohol/methanol, is an industrial chemical. You should know what you're drinking better a hell of a lot better. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom