• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Adventures Of The GAFcast Episode #004 - 08/12/06

Norse

Ok, I just got back into town so I didnt have time to listen until tonight....I am only at the first break right now but had to post.

I know I have complained about the stupid comedy attempts on the old gaf casts and praised you guys for removing them last week, but......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

AHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....that "real men of genius" spoof had me bust out laughing so kudos to you guys. LOL

E3 should be held every OTHER year IMO

...ok, back to listening to rest of show.

OMG at the duckroll bashing! :lol :lol :lol

edit: listened to the commercial again. Maybe not duckroll specifically referred to.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
That was a nice episode, apart from the volume balance issues. I liked the skits, not only because they were funny but also because they make the GAFcast feel...GAF-related. Because to be honest, this podcast doesn't feel very tied to GAF in its content, apart from a few references here and there.
I wish there were more GAF-features like those skits, maybe having interviews with the more well-known GAF fanboys, "banned of the week" or something like that.
But at the same time I understand it could be kind of hard to try and come up with ways to make the podcast feel GAF...fy. And also, maybe you're striving for fame beyond the GAF with this podcast? :p
Anyway, keep it up.

And finally, thanks a bunch for the RSS feed, Evilore.

Sallokin

Just finished listening, and I wanted to pass along how great I think this podcast is getting. The skits were excellent and actually really funny. Keep up the good work.

Ponn

Banned
1. Who do you trust in terms of videogame reviews?

Dave Halverson. No wait, I couldn't even type that with a straight face. No one. I use all reviews just to try and gather as much information on the game, gameplay, graphics, bugs, etc and filter out the opinion as best as possible. There are a few people on GAF i've come to trust a little bit more then I normally would but thats really because their tastes in games tend to fall alot in line with mine, which is RPG heavy. For shoutouts they are mainly Bebpo and Red Scarlett.

2. Is there any way videogame reviewers could gain your trust back (so that you're not just looking for numbers, and you're reading text, etc...)?

Not really. The point system annoys me though, I think it should be fully utilized better. 5 and 6 should be more average games, 7 and 8 shouldn't be considered bad scores at all but above average games and 9 and 10 should be reserved more.

border

As far as reviews go, I generally don't care. I'm either "sold" on a game by virtue of its concept, or I'm not. Only really atrocious reviews (5.0 and under) can stop me from checking out something that looks interesting. Only really superlative reviews (9.5 and over) can make me pay attention to something I wasn't already into.

I felt kinda burned on Katamari and Phoenix Wright, so I tend not to trust "GAF consensus" either.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
just listend - man, how hungover was i? i can't complete a sentence! lol

Mad props to Kohler - i burst out laughing

Meier

DCharlie said:
just listend - man, how hungover was i? i can't complete a sentence! lol

Mad props to Kohler - i burst out laughing

Haha, I didnt think you were that bad. Kohler's skits were definitely hilarious -- I hadnt heard them until the whole podcast was out and they had me rolling too. Good shit. :D

yonder

EviLore said:
Sweet!

I just have a short response to the question of the week. Sorta. I've been reading gaming mags for as long as I've played games almost. I went from magazine to magazine until I settled for Edge which I've read for about three years now. However, now that I've been reading and posting here I no longer feel the need of Edge... Sure, some articles are interesting but I won't pay £4 to read it. So for the first time in my life I'm considering giving up my magazine reading habit. Thanks to GAF. I'm not sure if it's good or not, though.

I'm reaaly looking forward to the next podcast. Keep it up guys, you're doing great!

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
We're recording in around 10 hours, and I'm putting the finishing touches on the agenda now. If there are any big things to really, REALLY want to hear us talk about this week, let me know!

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Ok Let's be frank. I was listening while driving and it was the first time i was listening one of the GAFcast :

- Sound Normalization. Sp0rsk was WAY louder than the other guys. I had to to turn up the volume to listen to Dchalie or Meier. BAM Sp0rsk speak, Let's quickly hit the volume down button.
- It wasn't very informative and lack characters
- The skits are very funny

Keep on trying GAFCAST
The sky is the LIMIT

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Milhouse31 said:
Ok Let's be frank. I was listening while driving and it was the first time i was listening one of the GAFcast :

- Sound Normalization. Sp0rsk was WAY louder than the other guys. I had to to turn up the volume to listen to Dchalie or Meier. BAM Sp0rsk speak, Let's quickly hit the volume down button.
- It wasn't very informative and lack characters
- The skits are very funny

Keep on trying GAFCAST
The sky is the LIMIT

Yeah, that about sums it up IMO also.

If you ever want the show to become bigger then it is, your going to have to crop they boring stuff out to reach 30 mins.

Great show. Just got caught up on GAFcast to fill the void until daily crunchtime flattens my soul. #004 noticeably improved on #003. Though, I think you may want to revisit the E3 topic with, say, actual dev - like me - because the answer is far similar to kobun's but with a sigh of relief rather than celebration party.

Anyway, too little too late. Can't wait to hear the next ep.

Top Bottom