• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

So my xbox completely loses the connection to my cable box if I switch inputs on my receiver. The only way to get tv working again is to restart the system. It never did this before, so I decided to see if there were any updates. Sure enough, there was an update the night before. So not only is the stutter on all video apps like Netflix, Vudu, etc. still not fixed, but now I have this bug too. I'm seriously fed up with this bullshit.

Yeah I noticed this, too. My Xbox One constantly loses connection to my TiVo if I use my input switcher too many times. My only solution is to reboot the TiVo.

This is a new problem, too. It wasn't always like this.

psychotron

Yeah I noticed this, too. My Xbox One constantly loses connection to my TiVo if I use my input switcher too many times. My only solution is to reboot the TiVo.

This is a new problem, too. It wasn't always like this.

Yup, definitely new. Every update breaks something for me. Getting very old.

As someone who currently boots the xbox one up every other day there's a few things about NXOE that really tick me off.

I really dislike the layout, it's not grown on me like I expected and honestly prefer the old OS layout.

The quick bar on the left lags, you try to scroll down and as it passes over messages or alerts it will freeze, in this time it will either ignore the next input or you tap down too many times and zoom past where you wanted to go.

Snapping apps is so annoying, the way they had a quick snap shortcuts in the OS before NXOE was 100 times better then now, I have actually uninstalled apps so the app snap list isn't so huge, and every time you open the guide in-game the app list starts at the top again, twitch is spelt with a T so it's down the bottom of the list and I have to press down 11 times to reach it, every. single. time.

Also a ton of BC games have had updates and my system refuses to update them so every time I boot my console up i'm greeted with 20+ alerts about Dirt 3 DLC not being installed, even inserting my gold edition disc to reinstall the dlc did not work so I just uninstalled the lot and left it alone... now gears 3 is doing the same thing!

oh shoot there's a different thread now? well I just bumped this so i'll leave my rant here to rot.

NXOE is a dissapointment to me, it's not faster at all for my use.

Top Bottom