• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo Switch Visor! Play comfortably from your bed!

Biske

Neat idea but having it so close to your eyes all the time and the weight... nah.

My Gooseneck thing comes tomorrow. Cant wait.

Erekiddo

We’ll make millions!

image.png

ahdurian

for those if you who are using gooseneck mounts, which ones are you using? was actually thinking of getting one but didn't know which to get

I mean, being the lazy fatass that I am, I'm down with the concept, but just looking at that setup I can already feel my retinas being burnt out of existence.

I use a gooseneck holder for Switch playing in bed, but this is intriguing OP. If more people try it and report it's comfortable I might jump in.

One of the things that bother me about the gooseneck holder is that it's not very easy to quickly take it off or move it out of the way. Can't leave it hovering over my bed for long if I'm not playing, it gets in the way. And I get lazy to install and uninstall it for short play sessions. I was just thinking yesterday that I would like a holder that had like a swivel function so I could easily swing it away from the bed when done playing or taking a break. This visor could solve that issue.

9 inches might be a bit too close for my preference though. I might like the screen to be an inch or two farther. Need to take measurement of my handheld and gooseneck playing distance to check.

Justified

That's not a real thing I dont think. Only thing that hurts your eyes is blue light. Your parents just lied to you because they didn't want you blocking the TV.

No, With a screen that close to your face, both eyes are looking at the same image... you end up going cross-eyed trying to focus.

With VR each eye get its own image. your eyes can focus naturally and give you a sense of depth.

With Cell phones and other screens, your peripheral, background and foreground help your eyes adjust properly. With this it's only one place to focus...the screen

Top Bottom