• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Ask Slayven Thread / Honour Thy Slayven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

You have my respect.

Oh, uh, what's the best horror comic and manga you've ever read? Best underground comic?
Horror Manga tends to be too trippy for me, but I liked Uzumaki, until I couldn't take it anymore. The Crossed is what zombies should be
Hey Slayven was wondering have you ever though about writing your own comic or maybe getting into writing in general? Would like to pic of "Slayen #1" one day.
I wish, last time I wrote something it was a Chouji fanfic
I need a fully articulated explanation for the burning hatred Carol Danvers seems to inspire in you.

Sure she is boring, but it has to be more than that. Yours is some "slept with my sister" level of contempt.
I hate being told a character is suddenly a big deal, especailly when 1000000 better characters ahead of them. If you want a character to be a big deal, push them like Bendis did Luke cage.

MartyStu

I hate being told a character is suddenly a big deal, especailly when 1000000 better characters ahead of them. If you want a character to be a big deal, push them like Bendis did Luke cage.

That is fair I suppose.

I hate most of the recent X-Men line mostly because of something like this.

Dear slayven

Thanos vs Superman

Green Lantern Corp vs Galactus

All lanterns vs Galactus + all heralds.

Would you prefer a marvel vs DC series, Amalgam series or a marvel x DC team up series. Each one is created by your favourite writers.

In a all mighty clash of jobbers who wins and who jobs the most.

Pick 5 marvel characters and give them a power ring. Which ring and who. Bonus points for why.

Slayven

Dear slayven

Thanos vs Superman

Green Lantern Corp vs Galactus

All lanterns vs Galactus + all heralds.

Would you prefer a marvel vs DC series, Amalgam series or a marvel x DC team up series. Each one is created by your favourite writers.

In a all mighty clash of jobbers who wins and who jobs the most.

Pick 5 marvel characters and give them a power ring. Which ring and who. Bonus points for why.

Thanos easily
Galactus both shots
Guardians of The Universe
Captain America - Blue
Tony Stark- Orange
Reed Richard- Indigo
Sue Richards -Violet
Spiderman -red
Cyclops - Green

Horror Manga tends to be too trippy for me, but I liked Uzumaki, until I couldn't take it anymore. The Crossed is what zombies should be

I am legit surprised that there is someone else in this forum that bothered with Crossed.

Cuz fucking hell if there aint a lot of drek in badlands.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Did this occur before or after the riddick sequel?

inerita8.jpg

fury3.jpg

Almighty Comic Bibliosoph Slayven,

What is your favorite series that got killed?

Which character would you most want as a roommate?

Which character/group do you think has the most untapped mainstream potential?

Waht is your favorite charcter with stupid power(s)?

What is your favorite character that can teleport?

What is your favorite crossover?

El Topo

Is there a character that you would like to see rise to prominence, that you would like to see get more attention from writers, that you think would deserve his/her own comic series? You know, a character that you feel has potential for an interesting and compelling story if given the opportunity? Sorry if that question seems stupid.

Slayven

Who's harder to move: The Vision (solid) or The Blob?
Vision no contest

Almighty Comic Bibliosoph Slayven,

What is your favorite series that got killed?

Which character would you most want as a roommate?

Which character/group do you think has the most untapped mainstream potential?

Waht is your favorite charcter with stupid power(s)?

What is your favorite character that can teleport?

What is your favorite crossover?
latest

Duplikate

Cannonball

Cloak

Amalgam
Is there a character that you would like to see rise to prominence, that you would like to see get more attention from writers, that you think would deserve his/her own comic series? You know, a character that you feel has potential for an interesting and compelling story if given the opportunity? Sorry if that question seems stupid.
Answer to all that.
BWoDvTV.png

Can I hold $20?
Sell one of those ps4s

In that universe probably but the first Black Batman was done by Stan Lee of all peopel

250px-JUSTIMAGINEBATMAN.jpeg

Yes a lot

Soups suck
Kick rocks hatter

last time they listed it, it was 60 to 120, it is limited by the fact he can't breath at high speeds. Unlike ANgel.

Spider Girl MC2
No, you can but it isn't neccary.

Reed Richards

Like about a an hour maybe. I wish I could make money from this

Where can I read this? Buy or Download I just need it...Plz

CA always over bootlegs

Not as much as I should. I like Girls, and Tim hunter

Growing up when comics were sold in regular stores.
justice_alliance_of_america_01.jpg

Don't know who that is

but..you're suppose to know everything!!

Yang Weng Li is essentially a master space battle tactician from Legend of the Galactic Hero, who just happen to be a simple guy with no grand ambition.

A question, Slayven. Just how dangerous is an angry Spider-Man? Is it either "oh boy he looks mad" kind of bad or "OH FUCK IT'S SPIDER-MAN!" kind of bad?

MartyStu

Answer to all that.
BWoDvTV.png

Ahh.

Given this as perspective, I completely understand.

Monica is indeed still the best Captain Marvel.

Also, I miss Mighty Avengers. I know that The Ultimates is supposed to be our consolation prize, but that team is so very lacking in a sense of humor.

Slayven

A question, Slayven. Just how dangerous is an angry Spider-Man? Is it either "oh boy he looks mad" kind of bad or "OH FUCK IT'S SPIDER-MAN!" kind of bad?

A pissed punisher would kill you

a pissed Batman would just scare you extra hard

a pissed Spiderman would make you pray to every god that will listen for the sweet release that only death could bring.

Platy

"With great powers comes great responsability"

If Spidey tries to be the hero with most responsability ... why he always fails to meet people because something spidey-related came up ?

Should't he have SOME RESPONSABILITY and not make dates that can be stoped by spidey villains anyway ? =P

Slayven

"With great powers comes great responsability"

If Spidey tries to be the hero with most responsability ... why he always fails to meet people because something spidey-related came up ?

Should't he have SOME RESPONSABILITY and not make dates that can be stoped by spidey villains anyway ? =P

Spiderman's biggest personal flaw is he tries to take the whole world on his shoulders. And try to be everything to everyone. There been many a story where he stretched himself thin and made things worse.

MartyStu

Pretty much any time Peter puts on the black suit, someone gets wrecked.

Doubly so if it is not the Symbiote.

Pre-Mephisto, Quesada's Spider-Man went on quite the impressive rampage.

Remember that "got your nose" game people play with kdis, Spiderman plays that for real

*Scrambles to the nearest wall away from the screen*

HOLY SHIT!

And bad guys keep messing with him? Yeah if was a bad guy and I heard from the grapevine that Spider-Man played hardcore got your nose with a supervillain, I turn my life around right then and there.

Platy

1) What is the best Batman story that features heavy detective work ?

2) What is your favorite movie/television adaptation of a comic book ? (not necessarily favorite movie/television based on a comic book)

3) What is your favorite piece of useless trivia from the Justice League ?

4) What is the "power that a hero had but no more because it is so broken/useless/ridiculous" that you want to get back ?

5) What is the comic (specific story arc) that deserves a movie adaptation ?

How many typing errors have you made in this thread so far?
What percent of racists mindspace do you occupy?
What one X-book would you recommend to someone who's last read was New X-Men around Lilandra going insane?

Slayven

Pretty much any time Peter puts on the black suit, someone gets wrecked.

Doubly so if it is not the Symbiote.

Pre-Mephisto, Quesada's Spider-Man went on quite the impressive rampage.
I remember when he fucked up The New warriors
l6TmOte.jpg

*Scrambles to the nearest wall away from the screen*

HOLY SHIT!

And bad guys keep messing with him? Yeah if was a bad guy and I heard from the grapevine that Spider-Man played hardcore got your nose with a supervillain, I turn my life around right then and there.
To be fair, that is only when he has been pushed pass the brink.

What's the best superhero film of all time?

Spiderman 2

Slayven

Do you read comics other than incompetently illustrated, ridiculously written marvel and dc material?
I read a lot of things.

1) What is the best Batman story that features heavy detective work ?

2) What is your favorite movie/television adaptation of a comic book ? (not necessarily favorite movie/television based on a comic book)

3) What is your favorite piece of useless trivia from the Justice League ?

4) What is the "power that a hero had but no more because it is so broken/useless/ridiculous" that you want to get back ?

5) What is the comic (specific story arc) that deserves a movie adaptation ?
Batman The Long Halloween,
The Pryde of The X-men. Aussie Wolverine will never not be amusing
Animal Man being able to use alien animals.
Flash: Blitz, DC is stupid for not doing it
How many typing errors have you made in this thread so far?
What percent of racists mindspace do you occupy?
What one X-book would you recommend to someone who's last read was New X-Men around Lilandra going insane?
None
All
Peter David X-Factor
Can Spider-Man kill the Incredible Hulk ?
IF he had some time and a lab sure

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
love reading this nerdy shit.

Ok, let me ask a recommendation.

I've read very few comics:

Battlechasers
Superman - Red Sun
100 Bullets
Y the Last Man
The Killing Joke
The Walking Dead
Kick Ass
Watchmen
Constantine
Black Panther

Based off of that small list, what would you recommend reading next?

Slayven

love reading this nerdy shit.

Ok, let me ask a recommendation.

I've read very few comics:

Battlechasers
Superman - Red Sun
100 Bullets
Y the Last Man
The Killing Joke
The Walking Dead
Kick Ass
Watchmen
Constantine
Black Panther

Based off of that small list, what would you recommend reading next?

Saga

Zombine

Banned
Spider-Man intentionally throws his punches so that he doesn't kill anyone. When Doc Oc takes over Peter's body you can see what happens with one punch when he doesn't hold back:

gWFtt6y.jpg

Platy

Shouldn't this thread be about praising Google?

Google only give you stuff if you know WHAT to look for.

NOBODY knows to look for the infinity frogs =P

Spider-Man intentionally throws his punches so that he doesn't kill anyone. When Doc Oc takes over Peter's body you can see what happens with one punch when he doesn't hold back:

gWFtt6y.jpg

I just want to say that I love this artwork. Fits spidey SO MUCH

You got it, but put Poccy at the bottom and switch Darkseid and Thanos you got the correct list in effectivness.

Really?

Always heard Mongol was the shit tier version of Darkseid, and he's still stronger than Apoc? Oof.

Can you give me a quick rundown of their best feats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom