• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E3 2009 Prediction Thread

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Salazar said:
Yeah, why would people without a high-end PC want a console port of a high-end PC game ?

Why would people without a high-end PC care about a game whose primary purpose and only revealed unique selling point is that it aims to show off high-end PC parts?

Touchdown

Banned
Yay can't wait!! I guess I'll have to fap to this thread until the official ones! The Disappointment, The Trolls, The Flame Wars, Oh My!

Vinci

Danish
Stumpokapow said:
Why would people without a high-end PC care about a game whose primary purpose and only revealed unique selling point is that it aims to show off high-end PC parts?

Said it for me. Thank you.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Stumpokapow said:
So the game is supposed to be garbage, but pretty?

Microsoft: Definitely firmware announcements relating to further community functionality, likely focus is casual + Halo (obviously ODST and possibly Chronicles stuff), but with a good bit of other games sprinkled in. SOMETHING about Alan Wake is decently likely, and expect MW2 and Forza 3. ODST turns out to add more than just maps to Halo 3 multiplayer. Also, just like happens with every single Microsoft show ever, they'll focus for about five minutes on a third party multiplat title and show lots of awesome new stuff about it; GAF will be angry because it's not an exclusive so there's no reason to talk about it amirite. Possible price cuts for non-Arcade 360 SKUs? Something quite interesting from Lionhead but not as big as it got talked up to be. Potential surprises: Zune HD/WinMo/Pink gaming announcements because they want to move into the iPhone space. Something not even that useful to gamers done specifically to upset Sony fans in a hilarious fashion. Itagaki, sunglassier and grapefruit-skinnier than ever before, shows something early looking and badmouths Bayonetta during the show; GAF is torn apart.

Nintendo: Expecting a big DSi focus, and very very possibly a Virtual Console as others have mentioned - GB, GBA, NES, SNES all possible. Maybe even Genesis and/or Game Gear titles (lol gamegear). Big casual focus on Motion+ and forthcoming titles using it. Expect lots of sales talk. Video on demand service for North America. Something new from Square-Enix for the DS. More accessories announced, giving me a queasy feeling. Two or three pretty goddamn cool third party titles that sadly won't make a big difference. Fucking awesome Zelda Wii trailer at the end; even if Reggie had spent the previous 87 minutes literally spraying diarrhea out of his ass at the journalists, they will be delighted, as they should be, and so will GAF, because Zelda. However, in a hilarious twist, Nintendo will eventually pull a Twilight Princess on it with the Wii HD (we don't find out about this part at E3 '09) and gimp the regular Wii version somehow. Potential Surprises:Zelda, Mario, Icarus, Metroid all at once. Super Smash Brothers DSi. Nintendo buys Sony, Microsoft, and Apple. EviLore is found in his house a week later, his body smothered and shattered under a seven-ton pile of 500 errors.

Sony: Some kind of firmware update will be rumored before the show. Everyone will decide that it's PS2 BC, but it'll turn out to be cross-game voice chat; even though this ought to be something to be happy about, everyone will be disappointed. Also leading up to the show a $299 OR BUST consensus will form; if Sony doesn't cut the PS3's price to $299, SonyGAF will be very very sad. PSPGo! announcement; it looks pretty damn cool, but the reception to it will be determined largely by the price point. Huge focus on the fall, especially Uncharted and Heavy Rain. Good bit of focus on Crack in Time, and a fucking impressive look at God of War 3. MAG looks very ambitious and looks fairly fun but is accidentally blown out of the water by Uncharted 2. GT5 is shown and is an amazingly detailed and realistic and loving production, but no collisions are shown to let us know whether there is realistic damage modeling or not, because there isn't. Sony forgets that third parties even exist and doesn't show any third-party stuff. As usual, a two-minute PSP/PSN montage that gives only the barest, vaguest glimpse of games that we'll be pretty hyped up for nine months from now but will know nothing about for a long time. Starhawk looks awesome. DLC announced for Wipeout HD and Motorstorm 2. Lots of new PSP games. Katamari Tribute is shown. A new level pack or two for Little Big Planet. Some part of the presentation is given from within Home; everyone but Wollan glares at the stream angrily while this is happening. Trico is shown and is exquisitely beautiful and looks fucking amazing, but because it's more lonely and less epic than Shadow of the Colossus some will feel disappointed. Potential surprises: Not a surprise per se but $299 with BC would be a huge, huge deal. Twisted Metal PS3. An third-party exclusive that isn't Final Fantasy Versus 13. 3D gaming stuff. Sony talks about sales.

Also, the most exciting announcements/showings at the show turn out to come from third parties (Valve, Capcom, Platinum, and KojiPro).

I expect disappointment from at least one if not all three Big 3 conferences.

SE will take the stage during the Microsoft conference. Sony fanboy hearts will plummet, and Xbots will feel giddy enough to troll for the next year, but SE will only show off Front Mission, the new action game, and end with gameplay of FFXIII. Sony fanboys will collectively breathe a sigh of relief and continue caring about a game only because it's exclusive.

Microsoft will show the most games, including Splinter Cell, Mass Effect 2, Halo ODST, Halo Chronicles, and Alan Wake, but, in contrast to previous years, some of these will not release in 2009. They will also announce some exclusivity deals for a couple of upcoming, multiplatform games -- pick any two of the following: BioShock 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Dragon Age, and a few more that I can't think of and probably aren't worth it. In the end, Microsoft's show will be boring, though, because they'll devote far too much time to IPTV, Xome, and casual shit. The 'hardcore' will wonder why the fuck Microsoft bothers to show shit like this at E3, but the mainstream press will pick up stories of Xome as some sort of genre-defining new application that takes the Miis they've already fallen in love with and puts them in a world together. Home-boys will bitch, most MMORPG players will laugh, but some of the latter -- mostly players of WoW -- will be bitter.

Nintendo will highlight one game for their 'core', but it will feature some on-rails-style gimmick. The Wii defense force will defend the game as if its something breathtaking and worthy of worship, but will still feel dead inside.

Sony will shock the world with the new PSP -- if by shock one means, "elicit a collective 'meh'." It won't be a phone, so the mainstream will continue worshipping the iPhone instead. The continuation of new game announcements for the PSP will keep drawing the attention of the 'hardcore', but it will continue to sell less than the DSi. Sony will make a couple of announcement we're all figuring: Starhawk is Warhawk in space; GoWIII coming March 2010; WKC coming to the west, treated as equal to FF; etc. The big announcement will be a price drop. But at the end of the Sony conference every PS3 owner worth a shit will feel profound shock and awe when a completely ambiguous, uninformative, 30-second trailer is shown of TrICO.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Stumpokapow said:

Why would anyone want that game anyway other than to justify their computer components?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'm currently going through MS's E3 06 conference and man, it's fucking amazing. First party title after first party title being announced, new accessories, HDDVD add-on, Live Anywhere (where are you?) and so much more.

Halo 3, Fable II, Forza 2, Viva Pinata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and GTA IV + exclusive DLC announced.

Please try your hardest to repeat E3 06, Microsoft w/ the megaton from the ending of your E3 08 conference and you'll have one hell of a conference. Hell, get Peter to be the speaker for the lolz. :p

Nintendo:

-There will be at least one game announced at the end that has the hardcore crowd excited. A game along the lines of a new Mario or Zelda for the Wii.

-There will be an on stage demonstration of The Beatles game as they push the Wii version as the main SKU.

-There will be multiple games announced that utilizes Wii Motion Plus.

-GB, GBC, GBA, NES and SNES games will be made available for download on the DSi.

Microsoft:

-Halo ODST gameplay will be shown.

-A lot of game announcements including Crackdown 2, Killer Instinct 3, Forza 3.

-Splinter Cell Conviction will be shown looking completely different then before.

-Alan Wake trailer shown still no release date.

-A lot of 3rd party games demoed on stage with the likes of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock 2, and Assassin's Creed 2.

-More updates to the 360 interface that is focused towards bringing the community together.

-New controller unveiled skewed towards the Wii audience.

-MGS4 port announced not done by Kojima Production.

Sony:

-80 GB SKU eliminated. 160 GB SKU will price drop to $349 with LBP and a couple PSN games bundled in.

- New PSP is unveiled, as reported it is DL only with no UMD slot. A lot more games are announced. Some of the big ones include Gran Tourismo Mobile, Uncharted developed by Ready at Dawn, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Stories.

-Finally more PS1 games make there way to the US PSN.

-PSN store is revamped for PSP. Itunes like software is included with each new PSP that users can sync their PSP's with their PC. Also built in store on PSP is updated.

-Team ICO's game, Twisted Metal and Starhawk is shown.

-New trailers for Uncharted 2, R&C Crack in Time, God of War 3 is shown.

-Heavy rain confirmed release date for October.

-Strong showing for GT5.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sin said:
:lol

I don't think I will be spoiling anything more this year, let people enjoy the event.

As long as it's better than the last three years, it should be good... right? ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...I own all the consoles (psp, ps3, ds, wii, 360), but I will have to say that the PS3 has the most interesting line up coming out. I still think it's too late to change anything at this point though...even a price cut will have come 2 years too late. Home is a fucking joke! You hear that Sony? A. FUCKING. JOKE! I'd rather they did some cross promotional thing with second life right from the beginning. Oh, and PSN > Xbox Live!

Wii is the worst goddamned console ever! A depressing lack of core games. I'm sorry, but Wii Fit, Punch-Out, a lack of decent RPGs, little to few mario and zelda games? I couldn't care less about the graphics, but when the game I've plopped the most time into is wii fucking sports, twilight princess, and mario galaxy, you guys got a problem on your hands. PS SCREW YOU Capcom for putting Monster Hunter on this...

360 doesn't have a lot of killer exclusives that I want to get, but when given a choice between a ps3 ver or a 360 ver, I get the 360 ver all the time. They have a surprisingly good number of RPGs and hopefully it'll continue to be the home of the new RPG lover.

DS has some interesting stuff coming out, and it seems like more innovation is being displayed here than on the Wii. Let's not forget DQ 9! It's going to be a massive juggernaut. I'm down for another Phoenix Wright and Ouendan someday too!

PSP has a lot of good games out for it. However, even Crisis Core, a prequel to every FF7 fan's wet dream couldn't help it. The rest of the RPGs on the PSP are trash. I rarely play anything on it these days except Monster Hunter. I should just call mine the PMHP (portable monster hunter player). I'm glad Unite is coming out, and I *want* the PSP to succeed, but Sony really lost a lot of momentum coming out of the gate. They should've just focused on the game aspects and completely drop those stupid UMD movies. There was a period of time in the PSP's life where I'd say they were down to Gamecube levels in terms of quality releases or games. Let's hope Square's support (Eve, Kingdom, FF) can save it.

In terms of core 3rd parties

Square Enix Eidos - Let's just get FF13 done and away with? At this point, we'll likely see only one FF on a game system instead of the usual 3. I don't see an announcement for FF 14 for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

Capcom - Best 3rd party developer this gen! I'll forgive MM9 as a cash grab because MvsC2 is coming! I'm very intrigued with their mystery games.

Konami - Instead of Konami, let's just call them Kojima...what the hell have they done this gen? They're like the Capcom of last gen! Aside from MGS4, I don't think I have a single Konami game in my collection this gen.

Namco - They've been kinda quiet. Tekken looks ok. I just hope they have something to show.

Sega - Dark horse! They're slowly rebuilding their image after the DC flop. I'm pleading to have Yakuza here. I'm saddened by Valkyria and hope Sega doesn't kill it. And I'm frothing to see Alpha Protocol.

____

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm...I own all the consoles (psp, ps3, ds, wii, 360), but I will have to say that the PS3 has the most interesting line up coming out. I still think it's too late to change anything at this point though...even a price cut will have come 2 years too late. Home is a fucking joke! You hear that Sony? A. FUCKING. JOKE! I'd rather they did some cross promotional thing with second life right from the beginning. Oh, and PSN > Xbox Live!

Wii is the worst goddamned console ever! A depressing lack of core games. I'm sorry, but Wii Fit, Punch-Out, a lack of decent RPGs, little to few mario and zelda games? I couldn't care less about the graphics, but when the game I've plopped the most time into is wii fucking sports, twilight princess, and mario galaxy, you guys got a problem on your hands. PS SCREW YOU Capcom for putting Monster Hunter on this...

360 doesn't have a lot of killer exclusives that I want to get, but when given a choice between a ps3 ver or a 360 ver, I get the 360 ver all the time. They have a surprisingly good number of RPGs and hopefully it'll continue to be the home of the new RPG lover.

DS has some interesting stuff coming out, and it seems like more innovation is being displayed here than on the Wii. Let's not forget DQ 9! It's going to be a massive juggernaut. I'm down for another Phoenix Wright and Ouendan someday too!

PSP has a lot of good games out for it. However, even Crisis Core, a prequel to every FF7 fan's wet dream couldn't help it. The rest of the RPGs on the PSP are trash. I rarely play anything on it these days except Monster Hunter. I should just call mine the PMHP (portable monster hunter player). I'm glad Unite is coming out, and I *want* the PSP to succeed, but Sony really lost a lot of momentum coming out of the gate. They should've just focused on the game aspects and completely drop those stupid UMD movies. There was a period of time in the PSP's life where I'd say they were down to Gamecube levels in terms of quality releases or games. Let's hope Square's support (Eve, Kingdom, FF) can save it.

Square Enix Eidos - Let's just get FF13 done and away with? At this point, we'll likely see only one FF on a game system instead of the usual 3. I don't see an announcement for FF 14 for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

Capcom - Best 3rd party developer this gen! I'll forgive MM9 as a cash grab because MvsC2 is coming! I'm very intrigued with their mystery games.

Konami - Instead of Konami, let's just call them Kojima...what the hell have they done this gen? They're like the Capcom of last gen! Aside from MGS4, I don't think I have a single Konami game in my collection this gen.

Namco - They've been kinda quiet. Tekken looks ok. I just hope they have something to show.

Sega - Dark horse! They're slowly rebuilding their image after the DC flop. I'm pleading to have Yakuza here. I'm saddened by Valkyria and hope Sega doesn't kill it. And I'm frothing to see Alpha Protocol.

Wrong thread? :lol

Salazar

Stumpokapow said:

Well, I look at the game and I think I'd like to play it. I don't think of it in terms of Intel's business plan, and I don't go specifically hunting through games for 'unique selling points'. I just have an impression of it, and it's positive. A bunch of people without Crysis-capable PCs, or without PCs at all, were interested in that game. It's a fantasy shooter, and it looks good - not just graphically, but in terms of its concept art.

onipex

Sony

Graphs focusing on the LTD numbers for PlayStation family.

MS

Graphs focusing on the lead on PS3

Nintendo

Graphs focusing on owning all before them.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
It may been said already, but Halo Chronicles is "on hold," so I doubt we'll see any of that. But I wouldn't be surprised to see an entirely new Halo game that we weren't expecting.

Proelite

Sony:
Shows off the first party line-up we all knew about.
Reveals the new Team Ico game.
Reveals Starhawk
Reveals a new Insomniac game
Reveals heavenly sword 2.
Price drop for PS3 in winter.

Microsoft:
Shows off the first party line-up we all knew about.
Shows off the multiplatform line-up we all knew about.
Reveals PD2
Reveals Crackdown 2
Reveals Forza 3
Reveals new Lionhead game
New bundle for 360 for winter.

Nintendo:
Don't know or care enough.

PC:
CNC Generals 2 announced.
Sequel to Crysis announced.
Half-life episode 3 shown.

Wollan said:
Microsoft shows off this falls multiplatform titles so Sony can focus on their 1st party line up.

:lol

Acosta said:
Aside of that, MS won't get Versus for the simple reason it´s a Nomura's pet project. Nothing MS can do will force Wada to risk loosing his star designer, if there was interest on it being multi, it would have happened already when they made the FFXIII anouncement.

So? Isn't FFXIII Kitase's pet project? That didn't stop it from going multi

My early predictions:

Microsoft
- Alan Wake playable and awesome
- Home like service and/or improve the NXE Avatars
- Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2 Exclusive DLC, probably exclusive MW2 beta as well
- Lost Planet 2 confirmed (timed) exclusive, playable and delivers
- MGS4 Subsistance launching this year for PS360, playable, extra stuff will be you doing missions as Raiden
- Forza 3 confirmed this year, playable
- Halo 3 ODST gameplay, Fable 3, PGR5 video
- Gears 3 announcement, maybe a teaser video, Mass Effect 2 blowout, playable, Splinter Cell playable
- Lips 2, You're in the movies, Scene It, other casual stuff
- More content and improved delivery and DRM for their video marketplace
- Rare shows up with Perfect Dark 2 that's actually good, Killer Instinct 3 is shown and playable
- New firmware to enhance XBL

Nintendo

- Graphs, boast about sales
- Wii Motion Plus, Wii Fit 2, other new Wii games
- New Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, FZero, more games for the hardcore fans
- Several new DSi titles
- Mario and Luigi 3, Dragonquest IX, Zelda DS
- Pikmin 3
- Monster Hunter 3, DQX
- Lots of third party support
- SSB DS, Pikmin DS

Sony
- PSP 4000 with slew of PSP, PSOne and other classic titles from other consoles uploaded to the store, GTMobile is there. PSP 4000 is gonna have touch screen, I hope and Professor Layton PSP ports are there.
- Plenty of PSP games, new GTA, a Bethesda RPG, Sly Cooper and some other big games are shown. It's up to the publisher if they want to release it on UMD and PSN or just PSN.
- Starhawk is Warhawk for the PSP, the haters will be pissed off, I'll be happy
- PSP 3000 price drop to $129.99, PSP Go priced at $199.99, no PS3 price drop
- PS2 still makes a presence with plenty of 1st and 3rd party games
- Music Store and ebook/comic store for PSN, improve content and delivery and DRM of the Video store.
- Home pipeline for the year, talk about its success
- Lots of Uncharted 2, video for GOW III, DCUO and The Agency playable, I'm cautiously optimistic, MAG delivers and shut the haters up, Ratchet playable multiplayer mode confirmed
- GT5 is everything we dreamed off and it comes out this year
- Heavy Rain is playable, looks awesome, Syphon Filter announced and video, Twisted Medal
- Casual stuff, Singstar Vol 3 announced and dated for the US, EyePet makes an appearance, new EyeToy lineup (unfortunately) shown, maybe a new Buzz announced with more game options.
- New firmware for cross game invite and cross game voice chat. Cross game invite will still be up to the developer to implement it.

Damn reading all that looks more like a wishlist lol
EDIT: I added some stuff

Kuro Madoushi said:

sadlinkavatar.jpg

Captain N

Nintendogs 2 for Wii & DS

Some big named First & Third Party titles that will use MotionPlus AND Wii Speak.

Perfect Dark XBLA on June 1st!

Killer Instinct 3

Uncharted PSP

Eyepet is REAL!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Nintendo will announce a DS remake of Mother 3 that will be released outside of Japan too. BELIEVE !

twinturbo2 said:
I'd rather have arcade-perfect ports of KI1 and KI2 for Xbox Live Arcade, but that's just me.

We'll take those too...

as well as Metronome, Lionhead new project, whatever those 2 new Capcom games is, Konamis New Castlevania title they announced last year at TGS, Atlus undisclosed multi project, Front Mission, Mistwalker current project, Spawnpoint Studios debut title...if they choose to announce anything...Beyond Good & Evil (please be there in some form), Forza 3 or PGR, and Jade Empire 2

Only thing I want to see from Sony is New Ico and want to see how WarDevil is turning out...other than those I know what I want from them..

Aaron

Kagari said:
As long as it's better than the last three years, it should be good... right? ;)
E3 last year was great for the people actually there. Sure, the conferences sucked, but they pretty much always do. I had no trouble talking to the people I was there to talk to, and playing the games I needed/wanted to play. Wasn't true of the big loud E3s of the past.

The last shall be first and the first shall be last... hey, Jesus, said it...

in other words expect spam get caviare, expect caviare get spam....

Or most likely a few specks of caviare with a huge side helping of spam...

Eh, I don't like caviare that much anyway

Prediction:

MGS4 not announced for 360: fans accept MS are saving it for next E3

Sony announce new firmware update that allows DD PSP games to be played on PS3, along with DD only PSP.

Event cancelled due to increase in swine flu cases.

billy.sea

Banned
Microsoft:
Hardware: Zune Gaming
Software:
Zune Halo Combat Evolved, Geometry Wars, Project Gotham Racing
360 Crackdown 2, Forza 3

Nintendo:
Hardware: Bragging
Software:
Wii Pikmin 3, Icarus, Retro Studio new project
DS Mario DSi game, New Super Mario Bros 2, Brain Age 3

Sony:
Hardware: PSP2, PS3 Price Drop
PS3 Trico
PSP Lots of Downloadable PSone and PSN Games, all games released on old PSP are now downloadable. Downloadable movies and music.

AniHawk

Nintendo

Their conference is going to be about two things: the DSi and Wii Motion +.

This is going to be the first time we'll see some DSi-only games, and there may be some that are "enhanced" by the DSi. I expect Zelda: Spirit Trackers to be one of those games, and that NSMB 2 or some other big DS game is announced. Nintendo's been very quiet on the handheld front for a long time now, and this is where I imagine they've been concentrating. I also expect some new big nongame, like Nintendogs or Brain Training (maybe in place of something like NSMB 2), and outside of the conference, the announcement of smaller games or dates for smaller games.

Wii Sports Resort is going to be reintroduced as a showcase for Wii Motion +. There will also be a short video of Wii Fit Plus, and the announcement of one game that should appeal to the crazy internets fans (something with swordplay, but not Zelda- probably the new Retro game, if Retro's almost done). Outside of the conference, we'll finally get dates for stuff like Sin & Punishment 2 and Endless Ocean 2. People expecting a huge blowout of Nintendo games really don't know Nintendo. I predict that, because there are only one or two games that really appeal to GAF, the conference will be considered a failure and Nintendo has abandoned them. Sometime in October, Nintendo will reveal Pikmin 3 and several other hardcore games that will appeal to them, and all will be forgiven (until E310).

Sony

Their conference is going to mainly be about the PSP Go/4000/Slide/Whatever and feature a lot of the games we already know about. We should hear about Ready at Dawn's new game, LBP PSP, and most likely a few others. On the PS3 side, we'll see trailers and a big focus on Heavy Rain, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, MAG, Starhawk, Uncharted 2, and big presentations for God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, and Twisted Metal (or some other previously unannounced new game).

SonyGAF is gonna go into full-out fanboy mode (obviously), claiming this to be the best conference of the three, despite few new announcements, because Sony focused on games (and, personally, I think this will be the best, even though Naughty Dog is trash and I have no interest in God of War or Gran Turismo). There's also going to be a big ol' bitchfest about the new PSP if it doesn't have UMD support.

Microsoft

They're the real wildcard this year, mostly because, unlike Nintendo and Sony, they don't actually have anything that we know about except for Alan Wake and Halo ODST. So we'll finally see some Alan Wake stuff, Halo ODST, and several new games. One or two Rare games will be shown off. MS will also focus a portion of their conference on some third party exclusive content. Afterward, they'll move on to some nongaming and casual stuff you can do on the 360, extensions of current services and whatnot.

Because this is likely to have the most new announcements, I think GAF will be all over this one the most, much to the bitterness of the Sony fanbase here. Meanwhile, Nintendo fans will be jumping in the background, waving their arms in the air, trying to convince everyone else that Nintendo's E3 wasn't really that bad.

UbiSoft

Another Beyond Good & Evil 2 teaser. Just a little taste. Rabbids Go Home is still the main focus, and we'll get a big ol' blowout on this, as well as Red Steel 2 and the latest Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed.

Valve

We'll finally see a bit of Half-Life 2: Episode 3, but it's going to be scheduled sometime in 2010 (but before next E3).

Sega

They'll bring us food, and Skies of Arcadia 2, and smite our enemies!

Acosta

AranhaHunter said:
So? Isn't FFXIII Kitase's pet project? That didn't stop it from going multi

No, FFXIII it´s FFXIII, it´s inevitable and a key game in SE business, Kitase is the producer, just as he was the producer of X or the director of FF VI and he will adapt to the business plan of the company because that's his role.

Versus it´s mostly an experiment, and the first game Nomura has full control over it from the beginning, so they will let Nomura run it as he wants it. And, in any case, I don't think MS is that interested in getting it once they have FF XIII.

However, we have discussed already other arguments aside of the Nomura factor, the main one is that if it was multi we would know already, instead we still see clear messages from SE that the game is PS3 only. Versus won't be multi, just wait and see.

Acosta said:
No, FFXIII it´s FFXIII, it´s inevitable and a key game in SE business, Kitase is the producer, just as he was the producer of X or the director of FF VI and he will adapt to the business plan of the company because that's his role.

Versus it´s mostly an experiment, and the first game Nomura has full control over it from the beginning, so they will let Nomura run it as he wants it. And, in any case, I don't think MS is that interested in getting it once they have FF XIII.

However, we have discussed already other arguments aside of the Nomura factor, the main one is that if it was multi we would know already, instead we still see clear messages from SE that the game is PS3 only. Versus won't be multi, just wait and see.

To be honest if SO4 can be 360 only, then Versus could easily just be for ps3...it will probably sell infinitely better than that game as well... either way I don't really care if it goes multiplat...as long as it looks as good or better on ps3. It won't go multiplat though. Otherwise their wording would be less definitive following ffxiii multiplat. Personally, If I was an ff fan I would have bought a ps3... I am and I did...blah

Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo PSP as the centrepiece. Some new games announced (Ico, Syphon Filter PS3), PS3 price drop, new PSP. Thats all i can wish for.

Top Bottom