• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the OFFICIAL GAF Madden X-box Tournament II:

it's time again, time for the awesomeness that is the madden GA tournaments. maybe some of you missed it last year, but we completed 10 tournaments for the PS2 version, and it was a lot of fun. many of us have moved onto the xbox version, a few stayed with the ps2 version, and some of us will be participating in both. but, this thread is for the xbox version only, so keep that in mind at all times!

we'll see how many people we can get in. i'm guessing 16-32 to be honest with you. lets remember a few things though:

* LEGIT TOURNAMENT! no cheesing (and madden 2005, contrary to popular belief, will not be free of cheese)

* Remember, the madden servers probably won't be up and completely stable for about a week after release. It sucks that it won't be up and 100% reliable from day 1, but this is online gaming reality! So, don't get discouraged and lose interest and pout about it! It's going to happen, don't be surprised

* Don't even bother posting in this thread if you aren't going to particpate. It's only wasting everyones time, and then we have to scramble to find people when you flake

* As of right now, the official quarter length for RANKED games is going to be 4 minutes. This is according to EA themselves. This is going to be a RANKED tournament. It sucks, and I wish they would boost the quarter lengths to 5 mins at least, but what are you gonna do?
--------

TO SIGN UP:

1. Go to Game Modes
2. Go to Online Events
3. Go to Search Tournament
4. Find the tournament named GAF 2
5. Enter password: Espn

So, to reiterate, the name/pass are:

Name: Gaf 2
Pass: Espn

To save time, we're just going to do it like this: first come first serve, but you don't have to post it here. Just go on XBL and sign in! If you aren't a member of GA then don't sign in! Lets get this done quick ladies! good luck

and, just like last year, i'll start listing past champs!

1. Gunstar77 - Philadelphia Eagles (defeated Buccaneers/DMczaf 12-7)

Fifty

Well, that was the quick 8 man tourny, and the UNofficial 2nd tournament :)

Anyway, I'm in of course with the magnificant Ravens.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I still havent opened my madden yet, I am trying to decide if I have time for it, with NHL coming out next week and the ESPN season .... if I open it up tonight I will join in to get my ass kicked....

hgplayer1

oh by the way Ive been signed in with the cowboys since my last post in this thread. 25 minutes to go. this tourney is dooooooooomed!!!!!!!

Fifty

Ok, it has started...I play "Tipsy2K4" I'm guessing that's one of FMT's friends...When can he play? I don't know how to contact him :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty,did you happen to see who I play in the first round?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Frenchmov v. SirTintsALot
DMCzaf v. Hodges125
Che Guevara v. Tipsy2k4
dskillz v. Truelize
King Vitaman v. Sloforce
MrBob v. Matrix
hgplayer v. ramirez
Guileless v. Wellie

If both ramirez and I win, we'll have to DNF in the second round again. This SUCKS.

Guile: I should be available all of tonight, tomorrow night, and early friday night. Sat afternoon works, sunday I am busy all day.

nah those random dudes aren't my buddies, its just people who filled in for the tourney from madden chats. there was only 30 mins left and i was getting desperate so i just started telling people in the chats to join. contact him by messaging him in the game

Ramirez

Yea Wellie,this blows...wtf can't we connect :(

I say if we both win,FMT just flips a coin or something and then withdraw I guess,only way I know to do it :(

Fifty

So what happens if I don't reach him by the deadline? I'll be on tomorrow evening, and I'd go on another time if I knew he was on....Damn....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bob,we ball tomorrow!

Revenge will be mine!

we will likely cut new tournaments to 8 teams unless we have 16 GA members who will guarantee they'll play. i hate to have strangers in the tournies (they could cheese), but it was do or die in this instance

Matrix

Say goodbye to Bob ya'll :p The Bears hung around for one quarter and then Bob might have cost himself the game cause he didnt call for a fair catch on a punt return,SOOOOO I had to hit stick his ass for a fumble td and then the score got out of hand...I feel for ya because you were playing with such a shit team.

Fifty

It says "Withdraw" underneath the guy who DM is facing's name. I'm guessing that means he gets a free pass :p

I sent a message to Tipsy2K4, and I can just hope he returns it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
How about a little later at 9:30 EDT? I'm playing in my tennis league tonight but I'll definitely be home by then.

Will you start Warner or Eli?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guileless said:
How about a little later at 9:30 EDT? I'm playing in my tennis league tonight but I'll definitely be home by then.

Will you start Warner or Eli?

Much like the Giants tomorrow night, I am starting Warner. Unless you want Eli to own you. ;p

9:30 is fine I guess, if you don't mind me muting my headset so I can eat dinner and not chew into the mic.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Sounds good. I'll let you know here as soon as I get home, hopefully my pards and I will win easily and I'll get home earlier.

Edit: I'm glad you're starting Warner, I might not be able to actively try to defeat even a virtual representation of Eli. Isn't Warner rated 1 point higher than Eli?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Truelize said:
Tomorrow night. I'm mountain time so anytime after 8:30 would be good.

What team are you this time around?

I am the Broncos. I guess 9 your time is good. Providing there is not anything. That would be 10 my time (Central).

KingV

slo tonight is fine, probably about 11PM eastern. I need to go into a work for few hours tonight. I'll be home about 11'ish maybe slightly after. I'll get right on when I walk into the house.

Fifty

I just played the worst game of Madden ever :p

I won...I'm happy with that. I got some good stats, and that part's good. The problem was with the random douche I played....."Tipsy2K4" He was stupid.

This is going to be fun...I'll break it down for you.

-Despite my text message telling him I had no mic, he used his all game...Normally that's fine, but this carries over into my next point....

-He screamed. He screamed in his little whiny bitch voice after every play that didn't result in him gaining yards. Whenever I sacked him he would say "You blitz every play!! WAAAAAAAAHHHH" and when I ran (see two points below) he would bitch about that as well. I went into the options to see if I could turn his voice off, but I couldn't within the game. I eventually muted my TV.

-He didn't run. Well, he ran once.....He passed on every down...and then whined (see above) when that didn't work.

-He used Jason Taylor, his best run stopper, as a MLB/Safety. He took control of him and moved him away from my LT every damn play...so I just ran every damn play up the left side.

-Oh, and he typed out "Good game" at the end. I couldn't believe my eyes...but I typed "gg" nonetheless, just since I didn't want to waste my time calling him out....much like I am now.

Tipsy's EA Stats

Top Bottom