• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Striker said:
The atmosphere of the video is really cool. I liked it.

Again, though, sucks about Fall '09 release...

I'm totally cool with that release date...let that shit bake...I won't be done with Halo 3 proper by the time it comes out next year any who.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense to have a "stealth game" associated with an ODST. This time you aren't some super soldier, so you just can't rush in with guns ablazin' and try to kill all the aliens you can -- especially if you have no shields. It's definitely going to be an interesting take on the Halo universe; can't wait to see more.

Meanwhile, there is still Halo Wars, so if nothing else Halo comes out between now and when H3R is release, I'll guess I'll be pretty content.

And :lol @ those in the H3R thread saying this is milking the franchise. There is so much Halo hate on GAF. :(

So I have to wait til Fall 09 to play on new maps, and I have to buy an expensive new game with additional campaign to get the maps?

I'm confused will someone explain it.

Azar

xxjuicesxx said:
So I have to wait til Fall 09 to play on new maps, and I have to buy an expensive new game with additional campaign to get the maps?

It is unlikely that the maps will take a whole year to show up. Also, "expensive?" It's going to cost the price of a normal game at the most.

MrDaravon

xxjuicesxx said:

No one knows anything else. Personally I read that as saying that the game will ship with it's own or additional multiplayer maps; I didn't read that to mean the Mythic maps will be only coming out with this game. It seems ridiculous to me that we'd already have achievements listed for them, plus since this looks like a retail game, it'd have it's own achievements, and not listed under Halo 3. There should be some clarification pretty soon I would imagine, or the BWU at the very latest.

More importantly, I think we should discuss what effect the silenced SMG bullet spread will have, especially now that broken elite hitboxes will no longer be a factor.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Music blew me away, atmosphere blew me away, everything blew me away.

But what didn't is the [possible] fact that we'll have to wait a YEAR for new maps.

I'm hoping they release it MUCH sooner as DLC then just bundled into H3: Recon next year.

Dirtbag

gotta share my obligatory "FUCK YEAH" that trailer was hot... music, atmosphere, etc..

and then my total disappointment if we won't see more multiplayer maps until fall 09.
I'm officially tired of the tease about these aspects of this release.

MS has sent out some really mixed signals with this one. Not really enjoying it anymore.

xxjuicesxx said:

Cry about it

still confused?

Frenck

Banned
Bungie said controversial Halo 3 related news were upcoming so don't jump to their defense too quick here. Let's wait for the Weekly Update.

Frenck

Banned
This only gets better after repeated viewings. The SI could provide some much needed comic relief.

I love how he overrides the billboard controls on 1:17, appears on the billboard and disappears just as quickly when the Phantom approaches. It's like "Oh shit, maybe that wasn't such a good idea". Of course he isn't sophisticated enough to express himself like that.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Frenck said:
This only gets better after repeated viewings. The SI could provide some much needed comic relief.

I love how he overrides the billboard controls on 1:17, appears on the billboard and disappears just as quickly when the Phantom approaches. It's like "Oh shit, maybe that wasn't such a good idea". Of course he isn't sophisticated enough to express himself like that.
Haha, yeah, hadn't thought about that.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Wait, this new game is coming with the new maps... aww fuck no. Is this game uing the same technology then? What about a new MP? Classes and all that shit? What about fucking AA? Please Bungie do not dissapoint. If this runs on the Halo 3 engine untouched it will be a huge letdown. The animations in the trailer were awesome, but if that is just a prerendered cut scene with added AA, then that means nothing.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dirtbag 504 said:

Hmm, actually scratch that.

If you re-read the description, it says "the UPCOMING Mythic Map Pack".

They wouldn't say "upcoming" for a Map Pack coming out in a year. Me thinks DLC coming out very soon, w/ Recon having ALL maps including Mythic bundled into it.

Frenck

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
where are you getting this?

Luke posted a while ago in an update that there were going to be Halo 3 related news/changes/updates that some us were going to hate and Ghal wondered what he meant a while ago because it seemed like there was nothing controversial about the AU.

Maybe they didn't mean the AU.

Let's just wait til Bungie clarifies all of this.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
godhandiscen said:
Wait, this new game is coming with the new maps... aww fuck no. Is this game uing the same technology then? What about a new MP? Classes and all that shit? What about fucking AA? Please Bungie do not dissapoint. If this runs on the Halo 3 engine untouched it will be a huge letdown. The animations in the trailer were awesome, but if that is just a prerendered cut scene with added AA, then that means nothing.
No MP, I would assume, since they've repeatedly stressed "new campaign content." And the trailer is definitely pre-rendered CG.

Kuroyume

Banned
I want to play Purple Reign nooooooooooooooooooooooow. I'm starving for new maps. I'm so fucking sick of Standoff Heavies. SAVE US

Fuck I thought they were gunna announce a game and then towards the end say "oh yea maps are coming out in a few weeks."

Maybe they will on Friday. *crosses fingers*

Ramirez

Frenck said:
Luke posted a while ago in an update that there were going to be Halo 3 related news/changes/updates that some us were going to hate and Ghal wondered what he meant a while ago because it seemed like there was nothing controversial about the AU.

Maybe they didn't mean the AU.

Let's just wait til Bungie clarifies all of this.

He confirmed that was the axing of Social BTB.

Dirtbag

Domino Theory said:
Hmm, actually scratch that.

If you re-read the description, it says "the UPCOMING Mythic Map Pack".

They wouldn't say "upcoming" for a Map Pack coming out in a year. Me thinks DLC coming out very soon, w/ Recon having ALL maps including Mythic bundled into it.

I'm tired of playing multiplayer map release date speculation.
Till I hear otherwise.. those fucking maps don't release till fall 09.

I'm not going to dissapoint myself a second time with this. I'll be there faithfully on day 1, just like everyone else. But I'm dying for new map content sooner than that. I dont feel there is a happy number of quality maps in the game we currently have.

Tashi0106 said:
I won't be done with Halo 3 proper by the time it comes out next year any who.
What level are you on right now? ;-)

My favorite part of the trailer is the hint/indication that we might finally be able to see play the game in wire frame, as described a thousand billion weekly updates ago. Looks like that might be the new "night vision" of the 26th century.

Frenck

Banned
AWESOME. The SI shuts down every single streetlight as the Phantom flies by :lol

I love where Bungie is going with this.

godhandiscen

Cocopjojo said:
No MP, I would assume, since they've repeatedly stressed "new campaign content." And the trailer is definitely pre-rendered CG.
What? I am watching it at school, with a shitty monitor, so I really couldn't tell. Ok, my hype just died. I wanted a new MP game. This doesn't cut it. Hopefully that second game that Bungie is working on releases this gen. If Epic can churn a whole new GeOW in two years, along with another other projects, why is Bungie only giving us this?

RBH

2yloa4i.jpg

godhandiscen

Ok, the idea just settled... no new class based MP makes the PS3 with KZ2 look more delicious .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom