• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
neoism said:
Not sure how old you are, but you seem like a nice guy. If your looking for a real good player to play mlg with. Send a friend request to H0ly sHadow he's my cousin and in my opinion a very good player, his 14 and really competitive for what its worth. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/default.aspx?player=H0ly+sHadow
Sounds good. I'm 18, but the younger crowd doesn't bother me unless they are, ya know, acting their age :D
I'm relatively good friends with IGotUrPistola, he was the Halo 2 FFA Champion, and is on a top 8 team for H3 right now, and he is only 15.

I'll send your cousin a FR for sure. And anyone else who I recently accepted FR's from, I willbe on to play later tonight. i'm about to take a nap, then I'm going on a date at like 7. So 10 or 11 will be a good time for me (EST).

ShinAmano

fin said:
Wolverine-New%20Avengers.jpg

Bungie working on Wolverine game?
How awesome would that be?

An Epic Name said:
I'll send your cousin a FR for sure. And anyone else who I recently accepted FR's from, I willbe on to play later tonight. i'm about to take a nap, then I'm going on a date at like 7. So 10 or 11 will be a good time for me (EST).

Sounds like a flippin' sweet rest of the day.

I've got to work on a take home test and a 25 page paper tonight. :(

backflip10019 said:
Sounds like a flippin' sweet rest of the day.

I've got to work on a take home test and a 25 page paper tonight. :(
I was blessed with an easy first semester to my senior year of high school. Info tech(MS Office and stuff), then Digital Photography, followed by marine bio, a class so easy that I literally sleep in it almsot everyday and still manage to get 115% on tests. After that its Study Hall, Lunch, and Community Issues.

So, all the more time for me to play Halo and pursue my MLG pro dream :lol

A little thing between my friend Alexei(namelessdesigner) and I, he sent me a WIP image awhile back and I added some halo to it. Took some good ole Halo 2 CC models , repainted and rendered them in Maxwell render. The shader is a mix of BSDF of the textures, and IOR of titanium. I then composited the whole thing, and then here is the final product. Whole thing wasn't too difficult, just a little boredom is all.

http://www.2and2.net/files/4946c96d0120c.jpg

DcLevartho said:
A little thing between my friend Alexei(namelessdesigner) and I, he sent me a WIP image awhile back and I added some halo to it. Took some good ole Halo 2 CC models , repainted and rendered them in Maxwell render. The shader is a mix of BSDF of the textures, and IOR of titanium. I then composited the whole thing, and then here is the final product. Whole thing wasn't too difficult, just a little boredom is all.

That's badass. Nice work.

EazyB

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
Has there been any word on how these maps are going to be integrated into matchmaking for Halo Wars owners? Or are they going to be integrated at all before their full, public release?
Hopefully they aren't. But if MS has the ability to force Bungie to tether Cold Storage with the Legendary maps then I wouldn't be surprised if they could make Bungie throw a playlist in there for those who buy Halo Wars.
DcLevartho said:
Looks nice and welcome to the boards.

Holy shit at all the juniors. Thanks Bungie Favorites

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
First, he asked me about the "recon skull," and how I got it. Then, he offered to do this in exhange for me helping him get Recon:

frantrise.jpg

Haha thanks, I'll be cranking out more during the holiday though. None of which including ole' ripped halo models. My friend nate (veegie) has been bugging me to model a spartan, so I guess that's my project right now.

http://dangerstner.deviantart.com/gallery/ my other halo works included, several of which 'Wu' has been kind enough to feature. I know we aren't supposed to advertise our own website or anything, but I'd consider this more of a Halo portfolio which happens to be highly on topic.

EDIT: Haha thanks Eazy, I've been trying to register coming on 2 years now, I knew about gaf way before bungie favorites.

Chinner

Banned
i was just reminiscing today and i remembered that kid on bungie forums who was gonna do a school presentation on shiskia and how hes his hero or some dumb shit. i know no one is going to bother responding but anyone know what ever happened with that? like did hte kid get humiliated and commit suicide?

Chinner said:
i was just reminiscing today and i remembered that kid on bungie forums who was gonna do a school presentation on shiskia and how hes his hero or some dumb shit. i know no one is going to bother responding but anyone know what ever happened with that? like did hte kid get humiliated and commit suicide?

:lol I remember that. I wonder if that kid actually went through with it.

Walshicus

Chinner said:
Was that the one I pointed out? Yeah, poor kid. You can check up his Bungie.net profile if you can find the link I posted here.

DcLevartho said:

Wow, I am very impressed. Good job.

One request: if it isn't too difficult, make one of a UNSC and Covenant fleet engaging each other in battle.

Dax01 said:
Wow, I am very impressed. Good job.

One request: if it isn't too difficult, make one of a UNSC and Covenant fleet engaging each other in battle.

Thank you.

I will eventually do scenes like that, but not with ripped models, true halo art deserves better than that. I'll model them sometime after I finish the basic mark VI armor, I'll start modeling some ships and I'll share the work in progress images here. :D

EazyB

Banned
Captain Blood said:
No joke dude. Also juniors joining this thread should be shown this immediately.

Metrowned-1.gif
:lol

This thread is required reading. All juniors must print it and read through it.

DcLevartho said:
Thank you.

I will eventually do scenes like that, but not with ripped models, true halo art deserves better than that. I'll model them sometime after I finish the basic mark VI armor, I'll start modeling some ships and I'll share the work in progress images here. :D
You may want to contact CrazedArab who posts in here. He's learning how to use 3DMax or something like that. You seem to know what you're doing but he'd probably appreciate it.

EazyB said:
:lol

You may want to contact CrazedArab who posts in here. He's learning how to use 3DMax or something like that. You seem to know what you're doing but he'd probably appreciate it.

Aye, I've seen his SMG model, he seems to be doing much better than I did starting off 6 years ago. That and I've been using 3dsmax since version 6 or 7. I'll be sure to point him in the right direction and give him some tips, maybe collab with him.

PS: I've been reading this thread since it began, gaf just has a really really long activation time :p

HaloGAF, how many of you are getting the Halo Wars CE? I just want to know who is getting it so maybe we could get some good customs on the new maps going. It's probably a bit too early to be asking this, but whatevs.

DcLevartho said:
Aye, I've seen his SMG model, he seems to be doing much better than I did starting off 6 years ago. That and I've been using 3dsmax since version 6 or 7. I'll be sure to point him in the right direction and give him some tips, maybe collab with him.

PS: I've been reading this thread since it began, gaf just has a really really long activation time :p

I heard my name, no but that is really nice looking, I only know much of the surface to 3DS max and such (I only used milkshape for a long time and I'm just starting to mess with 3DS, I still need to know the best way for rendering and such. If you have some pointer though and stuff like that, I'll be happy to take them, I'm shooting for a job as a 3d modeler, mostly weapons modeler when I get out of college.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I am just trying to give some closure where needed!)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Tashi do you still have original Xbox so we can do some H2?

yea I do...I think i'm getting a new arcade over the break since my 360 broke yesterday so chances are I'll be able to play H2 or H3 over the break...but for sure H2, I just don't have a mic for the original Xbox

Tashi

Dax01 said:
HaloGAF, how many of you are getting the Halo Wars CE? I just want to know who is getting it so maybe we could get some good customs on the new maps going. It's probably a bit too early to be asking this, but whatevs.

I

backflip10019 said:
Not sure if this has been posted yet in this thread, but MLG's 13th Top 10 list is up.

http://www.mlgpro.com/video/top10&c=Top 10

Numbers 6, 5 and 4 are ridiculous.
I know this is MLG, but I'd like to see a top ten like this, but more weapon variety, and vehicles. Seeing only BR and sniper kills gets kind of boring after awhile.

Maybe HaloGAF can do something like that once Bungle gets its film-clip downloading service up and running. I am sure one of us can put it together; it could be kind of a weekly thing.

Merguson

Banned
Dax01 said:

Not sure, It would most likely be a rental unless there is a demo that makes me go

"awesome!"

but I'm paying any extra money for limited editions, I did that for Gears of War 2 and I regret it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dax01 said:
I know this is MLG, but I'd like to see a top ten like this, but more weapon variety, and vehicles. Seeing only BR and sniper kills gets kind of boring after awhile.

Maybe HaloGAF can do something like that once Bungle gets its film-clip downloading service up and running. I am sure one of us can put it together; it could be kind of a weekly thing.

I talked about that same idea while ago, but with GameVee (although that doesn't seem to work out). Once this shindig is up and running, I'll try to get a HaloGAF Top Ten going since I'm pretty good with video editing and Windows Movie Maker. :p

Tashi

Dax01 said:

That would be sick

Domino Theory said:
I talked about that same idea while ago, but with GameVee (although that doesn't seem to work out). Once this shindig is up and running, I'll try to get a HaloGAF Top Ten going since I'm pretty good with video editing and Windows Movie Maker. :p

Yeah, that would be awesome. We should try to make this, as Dax said, a weekly or bi-weekly thing. It would be oh so fun.

FourDoor

Domino Theory said:

For shame... no windows movie maker please.

PM me if you're serious about doing a weekly GAF top10 vid and I will make a contribution to HaloGAF's arsenal of tools.

Forgive me for being incredibly naive (I've had a ton of other stuff on my plate and haven't been following this thread/Halo news lately), but Bungle is actually planning to make a film downloading service similar to GameVee? When is this expected to be out?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
FourDoor said:
For shame... no windows movie maker please.

PM me if you're serious about doing a weekly GAF top10 vid and I will make a contribution to HaloGAF's arsenal of tools.

Windows Movie Maker is fine. And it won't be a weekly thing (at least, from me) since I don't have the space to download all those clips and don't have the time to do it every week.

I'll do the first one when BuTube releases to the public then we'll take it from there.

An Epic Name said:
Do I know you? lol.

I've lurked here for quite some time now, but just recently was able to register, took a few months, but it finally happened. :D

i like to remain anom, but i play you in playlist alot and i post on mlg

Azar

Captain Blood said:
Then we should post all of our vids over on the b.net forums for the lulz!
Spam Bungie.net with "HaloGAF Presents: Weekly Top 10 Mongoose Mowdowns." The lack of BRs and sniper kills would probably make them implode.

A Penguin

backflip10019 said:
Forgive me for being incredibly naive (I've had a ton of other stuff on my plate and haven't been following this thread/Halo news lately), but Bungle is actually planning to make a film downloading service similar to GameVee? When is this expected to be out?

From 12/12 Bungie Update:

Q. Accident Prone asks: Any word on when buTube is coming out?

A. Just like Sketchfactor said a week ago, the fruits of the Wolf’s labor are swelling with flavor. We’re running an internal pre-Alpha on the feature at the time of this writing and as soon as we have something noteworthy to report, we’ll update you guys about its progress. Rest assured, the video rendering feature is still in the pipeline.

Domino Theory said:
Windows Movie Maker is fine. And it won't be a weekly thing (at least, from me) since I don't have the space to download all those clips and don't have the time to do it every week.

I'll do the first one when BuTube releases to the public then we'll take it from there.
I've got Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. Maybe we can rotate? We also have to find a place to upload these videos. Maybe a youtube HaloGAF account?

FourDoor

Domino Theory said:

OK but if you change your mind let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom