• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Self Induced said:
Why does everyone hate Isolation? I love that map. Whenever I get it in MM I'm the only one who doesn't veto :(

I've been having an issue with Halo 3's Theater - ever since I downloaded the NXE, all my recently played games in the Theater are erased every time I turn off my Xbox, and I can't figure out why. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?

Just to clarify, you're not putting in any other games, right?

If not....I have no idea, I will have to check if mine is as well.

Domino Theory said:
25soil3.jpg
16gc4fp.gif

Dirtbag

Domino Theory said:
Do you know a guy on XBL named Hitman, by any chance?

Oh god that guy again?!

Just block communications now.. That guy must watch this thread, because he must have sent me about 30 FR a while back. It was during my heavy rockband 2 playing days, because I remember it being easier to delete his requests rather than going through the block communications thing while using the rockband drums.

Merguson

Banned
I miss having customs... but lately most of you play way too damn late for me nowadays. I mean... at 4am EST... holy shit... I used to do that a couple of times, but I need my sleep. :(

Ramirez

Merguson said:
I miss having customs... but lately most of you play way too damn late for me nowadays. I mean... at 4am EST... holy shit... I used to do that a couple of times, but I need my sleep. :(

Most of these dudes are PST.

So I got a launch console that ringed on me two years after I got it. I got the console back in time for Halo 3 so nbd but that puts me like 4 months past the 3 year red ring warranty. I wasn't even planning on calling microsoft because of that but I just got off the phone with them and they are still going to fix it for free. So that is a bright side anyway.

Merguson

Banned
Captain Blood said:
So I got a launch console that ringed on me two years after I got it. I got the console back in time for Halo 3 so nbd but that puts me like 4 months past the 3 year red ring warranty. I wasn't even planning on calling microsoft because of that but I just got off the phone with them and they are still going to fix it for free. So that is a bright side anyway.

Sorry about your Xbox 360 dude. Good to hear that Microsoft has a nice side to them :lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dirtbag said:
Oh god that guy again?!

Just block communications now.. That guy must watch this thread, because he must have sent me about 30 FR a while back. It was during my heavy rockband 2 playing days, because I remember it being easier to delete his requests rather than going through the block communications thing while using the rockband drums.

That was more of a joke towards AEN's comment. I blocked communications with Hitman a couple months ago.

Siromatic

Neo Member
It's been an eternity since I've played Halo 3 -- and I haven't been following this thread or general news regarding it -- so my question for you guys is: What information do you have concerning the next map pack? I've heard of and seen Assembly, but I was unaware of the existence of Orbital and Sandbox, which I saw Domino cite in a post on this page. Have those two been referenced in weekly updates that have transpired? Any indication that either of them will be a remake of an old map? Also, any major news about Halo 3: ODST?

I know you guys have the ability to expound much better than anyone else, so I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Captain Blood said:

whoa really? mine just died on sunday and I had pretty much the same deal with you, i'm gonna give them a call this week. Pray for me!!

Tashi0106 said:
whoa really? mine just died on sunday and I had pretty much the same deal with you, i'm gonna give them a call this week. Pray for me!!

I bet you are good dude I am really glad I called because I was seriously like 10 min away from biting the bullet and just going to buy an arcade.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Captain Blood said:
I bet you are good dude I am really glad I called because I was seriously like 10 min away from biting the bullet and just going to buy an arcade.

In my honest opinion (and not playing with you for over a week would kill me), you should just buy the Arcade. You can sell the broken 360 and other unwanted games for store credit. They won't give you much, but it'll help you buy an Arcade (even though it's only 199 brand new and has all the latest revisions in them to make sure you never get the RRoD again). I have an Arcade with all the good shit and it's worth it. Really worth it.

EazyB

Banned
Domino Theory said:
In my honest opinion (and not playing with you for over a week would kill me), you should just buy the Arcade. You can sell the broken 360 and other unwanted games for store credit. They won't give you much, but it'll help you buy an Arcade (even though it's only 199 brand new and has all the latest revisions in them to make sure you never get the RRoD again). I have an Arcade with all the good shit and it's worth it. Really worth it.
And, depending on how long the fix takes, he may miss out on the launch of the Mythic maps.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
EazyB said:
And, depending on how long the fix takes, he may miss out on the launch of the Mythic maps.

:lol

Luckily we won't have none of that because as far as I know, he's getting a new Arcade tomorrow..or, today. :p

Siromatic said:
It's been an eternity since I've played Halo 3 -- and I haven't been following this thread or general news regarding it -- so my question for you guys is: What information do you have concerning the next map pack? I've heard of and seen Assembly, but I was unaware of the existence of Orbital and Sandbox, which I saw Domino cite in a post on this page. Have those two been referenced in weekly updates that have transpired? Any indication that either of them will be a remake of an old map? Also, any major news about Halo 3: ODST?

I know you guys have the ability to expound much better than anyone else, so I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!
You can get the Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack on March 3rd by purchasing the Halo Wars Collector's Edition. If you don't want to do that, you'll have to wait for an unknown period of time for the maps to appear on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Tashi

Domino Theory said:

i was thinking of the getting the new Arcade but if I can get it fixed for free, I'm getting that shit fixed for free.

and yo epic, where do you live? there are bunch of us who are east coasters...well maybe not a bunch but some of us...East Coasters! Be Heard! I'm from NY.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member

Last Hindsight article is up, for those interested. This one turned out pretty good, I think, mainly due to the fact that Dan Miller (designer of the level) provided some really interesting commentary.

Tashi

An Epic Name said:
Yeah I'm East Coast. NJ all day :D

And if you live in NY, I fully expect to see you at MLG Meadowlands in April!

fuck i'd love to go but i'm gonna be at school... : (

Cocopjojo said:

Last Hindsight article is up, for those interested. This one turned out pretty good, I think, mainly due to the fact that Dan Miller (designer of the level) provided some really interesting commentary.

Holy shit! I never realized the last level of Halo 3 was the Island from Halo: CE :O

http://www.ascendantjustice.com/files/cocop/Halo/IslandCompare.jpg

Edit: Nice write up BTW. Good read and some nice insight from dmiller also

An Epic Name said:
Yeah I'm East Coast. NJ all day :D

And if you live in NY, I fully expect to see you at MLG Meadowlands in April!

Yeah, I'm an east coaster too. Expect me to be playing Halo for the next 2 weeks straight at almost all hours of the day starting on Friday.

backflip10019 said:
Yeah, I'm an east coaster too. Expect me to be playing Halo for the next 2 weeks straight at almost all hours of the day starting on Friday.
We're gonna have to get some games in together then.

Maybe even have a west coast v east coast tournament kinda thing, GAF style?

That would be fun!

Merguson

Banned
Excellent article as usual, the Halo 1 island is a great find. Just curious, did you find that yourself? or did Dan point that out?

Cocopjojo said:

Excellent article once again Cocop, I remember you pointing out to me that it is the island from Halo when we were playing through that lvl and it is kinda a shame that more of us self proclaimed huge halo fans didn't catch that tidbit earlier lol.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Merguson said:
Excellent article as usual, the Halo 1 island is a great find. Just curious, did you find that yourself? or did Dan point that out?
Well, someone told me a while back that I should look at that arch and see if I recognize it from anywhere, so I always assumed it was a throwback to the SC arch. When I was started working on the article, though, I took about twenty screenshots from a dozen different angles of the arches in both levels, and I just wasn't seeing any resemblance. I was kind of disappointed, but then I thought to myself: "I wonder if..." and I pancammed out of the map. The camera angle you see is the highest I could reach before hitting an impassible wall, so I got up there and turned the camera downward, hoping I'd be able to catch all of the landmass in the frame. I just barely was able to, and being a massive Silent Cartographer fan, my immediate response to what I saw was: "zomfg."

FourDoor

Very nice discovery and an even better screen shot. Thats just awesome.

It's cool to see little discoveries like this in the game even though it's been out for while. :thumbup

FourDoor said:
Very nice discovery and an even better screen shot. Thats just awesome.

It's cool to see little discoveries like this in the game even though it's been out for while. :thumbup
And here I thought all secrets had been uncovered. Glad I was proven wrong!

I know Bungie has said that it is just an extra blind skull on cortona but I have always really wanted it to be something that no one has figured out yet. Just throwing a skull in someplace that does the same thing as an earlier one for no reason doesn't seem like bungie's M.O.

EazyB

Banned
Captain Blood said:
I know Bungie has said that it is just an extra blind skull on cortona but I have always really wanted it to be something that no one has figured out yet. Just throwing a skull in someplace that does the same thing as an earlier one for no reason doesn't seem like bungie's M.O.
Fire up the 360 and figure that shit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom