• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Resident Evil Outbreak: FILE #2 Thread

cvxfreak

B0007L8GPI.01-A1VC38T7YXB528._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Game Name: Resident Evil Outbreak FILE #2
Release Date: - September 9, 2004 (Japan), April 26, 2005 (North America)
Platform: PlayStation 2
Connection Requirement: Broadband Only
Peripherals: HDD (for load times), keyboard (for online chat)

Characters
Yoko Suzuki - Comes with extra item backpack.
Kevin Ryman - Comes with a special Handgun.
Mark Wilkins - Comes with a standard Handgun.
Alyssa Ashcroft - Comes with a lockpick.
Cindy Lennox - Comes with herbs and herb pack.
Jim Chapman - Comes with coin.
David King - Comes with tools.
George Hamilton - Comes with medicine.

Scenarios
Wild Things - Takes place in the Raccoon City Zoo.
Underbelly - Takes place in the Raccoon City Subway.
Flashback - Takes place in Raccoon Forest and a hospital in Raccoon Forest.
Desperate Times - Takes place in the Raccoon City Police Department.
End of the Road - Takes place in an Umbrella laboratory at the edge of Raccoon City.

Game's out today or tomorrow. Who's going online? If you plan to go online, we can host GAF games.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I'm still on the fence with this one CVXFREAK. I do want to get this but not for $50 new...
We'll see how this week goes. If I do get it this week, I call Kevin/Mark :D

Ferny84

Banned
<tumbleweed>

I play it, just got it today.

Tried Wild Things today on normal so I can win that costume.

Holy shit is it hard :lol

What? That's B.S

So I earned the secret characters by playing through very hard, and now they are just going to let any and everyone beat very hard by having this infinite mode?

That's bullshit.

--this is the weakest official thread I've seen in my life.

cvxfreak

^That's because no one here gives a shit about the game. :D

But yeah, Infinity Mode for the weaksauce. I admit, I had to cheat on WT because I kept getting owned by those stupid lions.

Shogun

I'm rather new to the boards, but I have just gotten back online with the PS2 after a long time. I recently purchased Outbreak File #2, and if you still play games I would like very much to get into either the original or File #2. I can't claim much experience online with it, as my PS2 broke shortly after I got the game, and the new one didn't work with the Network adaptor. But as I have my new Slimline model, I intend to be online a lot more often with my PS2, and from the games I have Outbreak seemed the most fun to start.

cvxfreak

Welcome aboard. Just look for me and Defensor via the search list and see if we're online. We'll be glad to help you.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
CVXFREAK said:
Welcome aboard. Just look for me and Defensor via the search list and see if we're online. We'll be glad to help you.
Look for Defensors or FireEmblemPride via the search. If we are not playing a game, then it should say which area and room we are located at. You can still choose DVD or Hdd play online(we normally just use DVD). I really don't play Oubreak 1 anymore since File#2 is an improvement overall;

- walk and shoot at the same time
- aiming system has been tweaked abit to auto aim faster with R1 to a nearby enemy
- some characters have new moves/abilities
- disposable item for each character
- rerecorded character voices all around(for better or worse, lol)
- *faster loading
- Overhauled Online lobby
- New modes: Elimination 1-3(kill "X" amount of enemies before time runs out) and Showdown 1-3(consecutive boss battles from Outbreak 1 and Outbreak 2)
- Event(new modes) areas open for a limited time

*loads abit faster compared to the original Outbreak. Shogun, CVX usually plays as Yoko, and I usually use George, David, or Kevin depending on the scenario and players taken. Which character did you play as most in Oubreak 1?

P.S. C- Warrior, you need to get a game with us when you get back along with LHK again. Who is your fav character?

Shogun

I played David the Plumber the most in the original. I liked the monkey wrenches and the tool making. It's interesting to know they added in walk and shoot, that should be really fun. I should probably be in some time tonight, after I wind down playing Trauma Center and find my old Lan Cable

Shogun

I'm on EST but I am a night owl so it should be just fine.
How about around 10 PM PST?

It can be later if neccesarry.

Top Bottom