• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 trademarked by Sony (SCEA)

May 8 – Pharmacist Dr. John Stith Pemberton invents a carbonated beverage that would be named Coca-Cola.

A rival to Microsoft's Pizza Hut app. The PS4 will contain a Coca Cola vending machine app.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Would be awesome if this was some kind of action-adventure set in Europe in 1886 - really interesting timeperiod with tons of possibilities imo.

Dusky

Is it possible there are two games ? The Order, by Guerrilla Games, and some kind of spin-off (Vita game?) called The Order: 1886 developed by an American studio under the SCEA umbrella ? Just trying to understand why both trademarks aren't exactly the same.

I think the name has just been adjusted slightly, maybe due to conflicting tradmarks or something.

Beyond: Two Souls was also named slightly different when first filed by SCEE, Beyond: One Life Two Souls.

The+Order+-+1986.jpg

Probably unrelated.

I hope it's based off the invention of Coca Cola, and coming from that it's an alternate history post apocalyptic epic with a made up version of Coca Cola, although I think this has already been done before :\

well this title is very interesting to me, like really interesting.

Since it is Guerrilla's IP (probably), think it is FPS or TPS ?!, or something else entirely ?!.

JCreasy

Guerilla new IP? YES!!

Change thread title maybe?

I was just posting about wanting to see a new GG IP last night! This is cool :)

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
The same email address was used to register theorderps4.com, so I guess it is a next-gen title.

Worth noting that SCEA uses Network Solutions to register domains for North American titles, but SCEE uses Netnames for register domains for European developed titles. So I'm skeptical that this is GG's new IP; I vaguely know about their second game, and an 1886 wouldn't match what I've vaguely heard.

My guess is that this is Ready at Dawn or Santa Monica's next game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The same email address was used to register theorderps4.com, so I guess it is a next-gen title.

Worth noting that SCEA uses Network Solutions to register domains for North American titles, but SCEE uses Netnames for register domains for European developed titles. So I'm skeptical that this is GG's new IP; I vaguely know about their second game, and an 1886 wouldn't match what I've vaguely heard.

I'm going with Ready At Dawn since they said they were doing a launch title.

Endo Punk

As long as it doesn't involve guns Im excited. And the idea of it being a horror game based on a cult has me really intrigued.

JCreasy

Please explain. Do you have confirmed info?

Globox_82

Banned

give us something, please

Top Bottom