• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Orville |OT| MacFarlane's sci-fi com-, wait it's a drama!? That can't be right

ptuck874

my dad is a big time old school trekkie, we both agree that this show is more in spirit to the original series as the newer stuff, for example the blue dude, he said he remembers an old trek ep that was similar when Spock got in heat from going to some planet? He is loving it and it has grown on me as well

Kumquat

I know this kind of died but I really want to express my fondness for Mad idolatry. Great episode. Not really a season ender but that's not their fault.

I know this kind of died but I really want to express my fondness for Mad idolatry. Great episode. Not really a season ender but that's not their fault.

It's such a nostalgic show. Using all the old sci-fi tropes and ToS/TNG styled stories. Mad idolatry was an interesting mix up. Had elements of that Voyager episode with the planet where time moved fast. Similar solution with Issac in place of the Dr. Also threw in some elements of Kirok/The Picard with their worship of The Kelly. Looking forward to their version of Q .... I hope. Would be the BESTEST thing ever if they got John Delancey in that scenario.

Top Bottom