• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The owner of Burger King is buying Popeyes for $1.8 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trusting in Popeyes-GAF to keep me in the loop on any shenanigans this new owner tries to pull. I saw the thread yesterday about the rumored buy and the wife and I ended up changing our plans to eat Popeyes with the notion that we didn't know how long we would be able to do so at this level of quality.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
hqdefault.jpg

"We were looking forward to this day"

Dishwalla

Banned
I mean it's entirely possible that BK won't mess with Popeyes, McDonalds owned Chipotle for a while and it didn't affect the taste of Chipotle. Qdoba is owned by Jack in the Box, and there's a quite a difference in quality(even though I love JitB). Still don't like BK owning Popeyes though.

HvySky

Don't understand GAF's undying love for Popeye's, myself. It was pretty mediocre to average fast food fare last time I tried it.

kirby_fox

Banned
Don't understand GAF's undying love for Popeye's, myself. It was pretty mediocre to average fast food fare last time I tried it.

I've had fantastic food and mediocre food. Depends on the restaurant. I know not to go to one because it's never good there, but this other one is great.

It's odd.

LionPride

Banned
Some days Chick fil A is shit for me on some days, you don't see me saying Chick fil a is mediocre because of my last time

HvySky

Some days Chick fil A is shit for me on some days, you don't see me saying Chick fil a is mediocre because of my last time

Must just be the locations where I live. I said last time but I don't think I've ever really been that impressed with Popeye's food. Luckily I've never had a bad meal from Chic-fil-a. Not yet anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom