• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[The Rare Canceled Game Art Thread]

DjRoomba

Banned
Today`s Rare. A photo of the whole of the studio.

383525_10150749034265042_693445041_11823475_155166736_n.jpg

Who can find the devil?!

Which one's Leigh Loveday?

I don't understand, is Rare actually risking to close?
I thought Kinect Sports was a pretty easy moneymaker.
And if it happens, what then? There's a chance some of its franchises will be sold, or will they simply become Microsoft's and be forgotten forever?

Ooccoo

I can't see Rare living through another generation of consoles. ALL the talent has left already, it's only a shell of its former self. Reading about all these cancelled projects is really disheartening to say the least. It's frustrating that what was once amongst the best developers in the industry is now a craptacular low tier studio spinning Kinect products no one wants. They don't even work on Killer Instinct 2, that's pretty telling.

Sydle

None of that concept art is doing it for me. It looks like 90's Disney, which Disney doesn't even do any more. The Urchin stuff looks especially uninspired.

I think the art in KSR is one of their finest to date.

None of that concept art is doing it for me. It looks like 90's Disney, which Disney doesn't even do any more. The Urchin stuff looks especially uninspired.

I think the art in KSR is one of their finest to date.

I really like the Urchin art, and even if it doesn't look particularly inspired, consoles lack games of that type nowadays.

tkscz

So officially, for the past few years, the only thing this company has to do with Rareware, is it's name and logo. I mean, who is even there from the Rareware days?

So officially, for the past few years, the only thing this company has to do with Rareware, is it's name and logo. I mean, who is even there from the Rareware days?

Well I believe Gregg Mayles is still there as is his brother Steve Mayles, both key players from the golden era. Robin Beanland may also be still there as well. And Craig Duncan?

Prine

Banned

Gregg Mayles and Robin Beanland. Insanely talented old school Rare talent.

Hubble

I can't see Rare living through another generation of consoles. ALL the talent has left already, it's only a shell of its former self. Reading about all these cancelled projects is really disheartening to say the least. It's frustrating that what was once amongst the best developers in the industry is now a craptacular low tier studio spinning Kinect products no one wants. They don't even work on Killer Instinct 2, that's pretty telling.

Agree 100%. Rare turned into a low tier studio not being their fault and used to be one of the best and one of my favorites. I still love Kameo.

How the heck did Rare not make Killer Instinct 2? My god, hire more employees to make it work in-house. Out of any studio, it is one that needs more employees for greater involvement.

Ooccoo

It's sad that I wish for Kinect Sports Rivals to bomb so hard that Rare no longer makes shitty games anymore and just goes under. Of course this is bad for people working there, but I can't believe what has become of that studio. Microsoft really has no clue. Kinect on Xbone is already failing so I don't see how a Wii-esque game will sell, but I guess we will know soon enough.

charsace

Agree 100%. Rare turned into a low tier studio not being their fault and used to be one of the best and one of my favorites. I still love Kameo.

How the heck did Rare not make Killer Instinct 2? My god, hire more employees to make it work in-house. Out of any studio, it is one that needs more employees for greater involvement.

They made KI 2 a long time ago and it was one of the worst fighting games ever.

Top Bottom