• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Road to EVO 2011: Retrospective and Discussion

Great thread USD! Godlike.

Mr Jared: Haunts<Spooky

Will EVO stream be archived? Or at least the first 2 days? Ill be at evo, but want to watch what I missed when I get home.

Mr Jared

Unfortunately, don't expect any details from myself, Haunts or anyone until the time is right :) Everyone is playing it very close.

But since Spooky is on board obviously it'll be in full 1080p stereoscopic 3-D with 7.1 dolby digital surround sound with force feedback via Aura Interactor so you can feel every combo.

Wow USD, just an amazing piece of work you put together in this thread. We really appreciate all the effort you put into this and all the translations you also do. This will be my first EVO and I'm very excited about it. I hope to see some of you guys there.

I really do hope the stream is archived. Some of the best moments are just not captured during the actual matches. Sometimes they get people on to interview or just have something interesting to say in between matches and those moments will be forever lost to the rest of us because only matches and really big events will be uploaded. So I'm hoping there is a archive so we can go back and relive some of the great moments that should be happening over that weekend. Besides I'm going to be there and I want to see what I missed on the stream.

USD

Not sure about a stream archive. In EVO 2009, the footage was released as an IGN Insider feature. For last year, I'm not even sure the footage was released at all. EVO tends to be very tight when it comes to content, so if you don't catch it live, you might miss out on a lot.

I'm taking time off from work just so I can watch EVO live. Gotta have that stream monster dedication.
N4Us said:
Needs "SKISONIC CALLED DAIGO A BITCH ON THE STREAM" and "Yellow Button"
I most likely will go back and cover SBR, but right now I'm trying to flesh out the content I already have a bit.

El Sloth

Banned
Mr Jared said:
Unfortunately, don't expect any details from myself, Haunts or anyone until the time is right :) Everyone is playing it very close.

But since Spooky is on board obviously it'll be in full 1080p stereoscopic 3-D with 7.1 dolby digital surround sound with force feedback via Aura Interactor so you can feel every combo.
You need the Hypersonic Effect up in that bitch.

Edgeward

Wow, it even has a fighting game/stream monster meme portion. How USD still doesn't have a gdlk tag is beyond me. Thank you based USD, swag.

The Justin Wong Troll Hour (starts at 1:06:20)
During a bit of down time, Justin Wong hopped onto the mic and proceeded to troll the shit out of Marn and Perfect Legend. It was absolutely hilarious to watch live, but if you missed or just want to relive the hilarity, you can always check the archive.

Missed this the first time around but Holy shit LOL

and Kayo going is very interesting.

USD

Added two highlights to ECT3: one for Michaelangelo (it was criminal not to mention him, considering how well he's done in MK so far), and one for Dieminion.

Also: #fuckhaunts.

usd said:
At the National Tournament, he placed within the Top 8, but since then, he's won every MK major he's entered, taking first at ReveLAtions, NorCal Regionals, and East Coast Throwdown

He didn't win at UFGT. He had that big match where Justin paused and he walked away.

USD

DryEyeRelief said:
He didn't win at UFGT. He had that big match where Justin paused and he walked away.
Ah, thanks for the correction. I had confused myself. I knew for sure that Perfect Legend had won an MK major, but I thought it was PowerUp. I totally fought about UFGT7. Now it all makes sense.

notworksafe

Mr Jared said:
This will be my sixth EVO but my first not competing as I'll be assisting Haunts and co with the broadcast. It should be pretty spectacular. We've got a lot in store and plenty to keep you stream monsters glued to your chairs all weekend.
Any chance of you bringing some Jackie Chan to EVO? :p New Mexico Champ vs NorCal Champ fo' real!

Previously unheard of "Larry S." taking Daigo to match point (for them both, 3rd round 3rd game) and actually bringing out some salt from Daigo. This was at RevaLAtions I believe.

USD

Been making some subtle improvements here and there, adding video links, a few expansions, et cetera. Writing the story about the Evil Ryu and Oni leak reminded me that I completely forgot about Arcade Infinity and Chinatown Fair closing down.

So here's what I just randomly thought of for news:

The closure of AI and CF
Re-born (Kayo Police's semi-nude photobook)

Tallshortman said:
Previously unheard of "Larry S." taking Daigo to match point (for them both, 3rd round 3rd game) and actually bringing out some salt from Daigo. This was at RevaLAtions I believe.
Forgot about that, Larry getting all hype was the best part. I'll write a little something on that.

Mr Jared said:

Understandable. I just hope when the conversation comes up with the EVO guys, I hope they understand how important it is to be archived. Like Rice-Eater said, some great moments happens on stream between matches, or just some people find some matches more hype that others don't. Plus the people going to EVO want to watch what they missed when they get home (especially the early matches) :)

I assume Sundays finals will be uploaded by EVO themselves though, hehe.

Preemptive thanks for the EVO stream!!

Satyamdas

Banned
This fucking thread......

sTh7m.jpg

Reading all that was like a nice stroll down memory lane. Can't believe I've stream monster'd like 90% of those tourneys.

Only mistake I noticed was that you have Arturo listed as playing at the PDP tourney. He wasn't there, dude was stream monstering with the rest of us. I only even mention it because you seem to be MAD THOROUGH, and surely a bugaboo like that would eat at you from the inside.

Well done man, shit is gatlyke.

USD, you are a KING among stream monsters!

If it's not been mentioned wasn't Justin vs Air where Justin trolled him with Dan and nearly won this year? Looking over the highlights that was the only one I didn't see. Godliek otherwise.

toypop

In this weeks NSB, Choco confirmed that momochi bought a ticket to flight and gonna attend EVO (accompanying with Fuudo/Shiro/Neurosis).
However he's still not sure which character to use.

USD

toypop said:
In this weeks NSB, Choco confirmed that momochi bought a ticket to flight and gonna attend EVO (accompanying with Fuudo/Shiro/Neurosis).
Cool, I stopped watching NSB TV halfway through because of internet problems/work on this thread. I figured he would be going, but it's nice to hear confirmation.
Satyamdas said:
Only mistake I noticed was that you have Arturo listed as playing at the PDP tourney. He wasn't there, dude was stream monstering with the rest of us. I only even mention it because you seem to be MAD THOROUGH, and surely a bugaboo like that would eat at you from the inside.
Most definitely. Some the stuff I've written is a bit sketchy, but I don't want to have flat-out false information. Thanks for the catch.

toypop said:
Awesome. Hope to see some Cody/Ken in addition to that Yun of his.

USD

Added in new stories for the arcade closures and Kayo's photo book. I'll probably tinker with them a bit more later.

Top Bottom