• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Road to Infinity War |OT| “We’ll lose.” - “Then we’ll do that together too.”

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
After a decade of ground breaking blockbuster films, the MCU is now approaching the culmination of its first Epic. I think it would be very rewarding to watch all the films, but in order to give each one the proper weight I want to start now.

Every 2 weeks for the next 10 months, I'd like for us to watch a movie and post here with our thoughts.

On some nights, I'd like to set up a ‘live watch' when we can coordinate a start time and chat on Discord as we watch, but for now let's just dive in.

newmarvelstudioslogo.jpg
Movie | Watch-by date

Iron Man | 8/25

The Incredible Hulk | 9/8

Iron Man 2 | 9/22

Thor | 10/6

Captain: The First Avenger | 10/20

The Avengers | 11/3
Iron Man 3 | 11/17
Thor: The Dark World | 12/1
Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 12/15
Guardians of the Galaxy | 12/29/2017
Avengers: Age of Ultron | 1/12
Ant-Man | 1/26
Captain America: Civil War | 2/9
Doctor Strange | 2/23
Guardians of the Galaxy, vol. 2 | 3/9
Spider-Man: Homecoming | 3/23
Thor: Ragnarok | 4/6
Black Panther | 4/20

SpaceWolf

Banned
I forgot how comparatively rough in quality the Phase 1 films were in relation to the rest.

That said, I'm also game, OP!

jph139

I did a "movie per night" in the leadup to Age of Ultron - crazy to think the lineup will have doubled by the time Infinity War is out.

I definitely think a "Where to stream it?" guide will be the biggest help here. I should have access to about half of them between my Blu-rays and services. Would probably rent the rest with my mountains of Google Play credits.

That Black Panther date is gonna be tough. By then it will be out of most theaters, but not yet available on disc/streaming. Thor: Ragnarok might not be available either.

jon bones

Thanks for the suggestions!

I own all the films, but that I can't assume others do too. I'm also concerned RE: BP home release but we will just figure it out then.

I'd like to give it a shot.

I watched First Avenger, Avengers, Winter Soldier and Avengers 2 in preparation for Civil War.

I was planning on doing a full MCU rewatch around April of next year although Black Panther will not be digitally released yet. Still it would be fresh in my mind anyways.

That Black Panther date is gonna be tough. By then it will be out of most theaters, but not yet available on disc/streaming. Thor: Ragnarok might not be available either.

With GOTG Vol 2 basically being out now, I think Thor will be out by the end of March. Black Panther, on the other hand, probably won't be out digitally/on disc until Infinity War actually releases, more than likely.

RangerX

Banned
I still absolutely love that line in the thread title. It's so Cap. Same with Visions conversation with Ultron.

HeySeuss

I'm down for this. Good timing too as I'm buying all the marvel movies on Blu-ray. Guess I have a roadmap for what to buy next.

Glass Rebel

Wish Iron Man was on the Swiss Netflix so I could watch it tonight while proofreading. I'm at my parents' place and my BluRays are at home :(

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My GF and I are already ahead in our big rewatch, tho we're going in order of in-universe timeline, so Captain America was the first flick we watched. We still gotta make time to watch The Incredible Hulk.

we're going by this list [DigitalSpy]

No TV tho. we don't have that kind of time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why not have a GAF Discord channel (or IRC or whatever kids these days are doing) so people can join in ?

I don't mean like everyone watch a free stream .. more like everyone synchronize their copies and start at the same time .. if that's even possible

Blader

I will probably do this next year, after Ant-Man and the Wasp, as a run up to Avengers 4 (well I guess technically, a run up to Captain Marvel).

jon bones

Why not have a GAF Discord channel (or IRC or whatever kids these days are doing) so people can join in ?

I don't mean like everyone watch a free stream .. more like everyone synchronize their copies and start at the same time .. if that's even possible

that is the plan!

I'm in. Let's do this. Though I may sadly have to miss Iron Man as I'm on a flight that day.

Iron Man viewing should be complete by the 25th - so you have two weeks!

Toothless

I'd be interested in doing this, but honestly, I'd rather wait a year for Avengers 4 since that's supposed to be the real ending. Sorry haha

(I do plan on doing a small rewatch right before Infinity War though)

Fhtagn

I've very recently rewatched Iron Man and and watched Incredible Hulk for the first time, but I'm in for rewatching the rest...

Kinda hard to believe there are so many films we have to watch one every two weeks to be done before Infinity War!

New promo art for IW.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...th-the-guardians-in-awesome-promo-art-a153329

Tbh, I think everyone looks ugly as shit barring the Guardians on this.

Stark's new armor continues that hideous trend of trying to him look too sleek and man in spandex like.

Cap's beard is cool but he looks like he hasn't washed his costume since the finale of Civil War

Iron Spider is just an L, one of the ugliest Spider-Man costumes ever.

Yo that cast list at the bottom, is that legit? Peter Dinklage in a secret role? Michael Rooker as Yondu... somehow? Flashback in this stuffed movie?

Top Bottom