• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Souls series has been a blessing for video games & there's nothing like them

SeppOCE

Even tho I'm fatigued and don't want more of them for a long time, Dark souls 1 remains my favorite game of all time and Souls is my favorite series.

Demon souls, Dark souls 1 and Bloodborne especially defined this style and I don't think even FROM can top them.

It's funny you say that because even before Bloodborne's at the time people were saying similar things. FROM has continually topped themselves with each new IP.

I have no Souls fatigue. DS3 was the most polished and consistent entry in the series, and had a fantastic lineup of bosses with some amazing environments. The franchise might have lost some of the mystique it had at the beginning, but the core design template is still powering along like a well-oiled machine. I say keep them coming.

I'm in this camp as well. Much like the Metroidvania genre, the core design is just so strong that its hard to tire of. I'm psyched that we are starting to get "rip off's" like Nioh, Salt and Sanctuary, etc. It's fun to see developers put their own spin on the formula just like with the Metroidvanias.

JDB

Banned
I have no Souls fatigue. DS3 was the most polished and consistent entry in the series, and had a fantastic lineup of bosses with some amazing environments. The franchise might have lost some of the mystique it had at the beginning, but the core design template is still powering along like a well-oiled machine. I say keep them coming.
Amen 👐
DS3 is probably my favorite Dark Souls game. The original introduced mt to the Souls games so obviously it's a bit special, but I think DS3 overall is the best package. The combat is great, and it has some consistently amazing bosses and areas.

MrCinos

I've played Demon Souls (~10 hours), Dark Souls (~20 hours) and Dark Souls 2 (~3 hours). The games are alright, but never really gripped me enough to actually try and finish at least one of them. If we are talking about similar games, I vastly prefer Severance: Blade of Darkness to any of them.

Acidote

By the way, some of you talked about Severance: Blade of Darkness (which I played and loved back in the day). But you can't buy it anywhere now :-/

Top Bottom