• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unifying Force that is Megyn Kelly- Last Week Tonight

Shauni

DKlHLfIWAAAbNx5.jpg

Lol, wow

Velcro Fly

These things being set to the finale of the 1812 Overture is perfection. The Bill O' Reilly one was good but this one was special.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Her being schooled by satanist, Lucean Greaves in regards to the 10 Commandments was priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmzgohHHQh4&t=3s

She tried softening Greaves for the conservative to finish off, but ended up kicking him off before there could be a debate when he made her look like a complete tool.
Haha, that was great. She wasn't as flummoxed as Tucker Carlson (but then again, having a bovine, mouth agape moron face is his default look so maybe that's unfair), but she was still out of her element. lmao at "they have similar words" when she confused the two different constitutions

Allforce

Her hiring by NBC will go down as one of the biggest backfires in broadcast history, up there with Dennis Miller on ABC's Monday Night Football and Rush Limbaugh in-studio for ESPN NFL Countdown.

I seriously give her morning show about 3 months before we get "Panic at NBC" stories start to filter out and an attempt to drastically change the format to salvage something.

I watched some of her new show. She has zero personality. How she got some talk show format is beyond me

This is basically how I feel as well.

If Anderson Cooper only managed two seasons for his daytime show, there's no way Megyn Kelly finishes out just her first.

Slayven

Her hiring by NBC will go down as one of the biggest backfires in broadcast history, up there with Dennis Miller on ABC's Monday Night Football and Rush Limbaugh in-studio for ESPN NFL Countdown.

I seriously give her morning show about 3 months before we get "Panic at NBC" stories start to filter out and an attempt to drastically change the format to salvage something.

I say 3 weeks

Socreges

Banned
It's like she's trying to have this redemption moment without acknowledging all the shit she did at FOX News. That's not how it works...

Loved this segment.

Making Megyn Kelly palatable - even praiseworthy - to "moderates" and supposed liberals is yet another injustice Trump has inflicted on us.

Haha, that was great. She wasn't as flummoxed as Tucker Carlson (but then again, having a bovine, mouth agape moron face is his default look so maybe that's unfair), but she was still out of her element. lmao at "they have similar words" when she confused the two different constitutions

I'm wondering if that was her call to boot Greaves from the panel or the producer. She was a practicing attorney, so it's not like she's an intellectual lightweight. But I really think she was in over her head on a topic she in all likelihood had no vested interest to begin with. The Fox playbook was to have Megyn eviscerate Greaves to make him easy pickings for the inbred conservative guest she had on. Funny thing is Greaves gave a more jarring performance than anyone from the ACLU or Americans United for Separation of Church and State ever have on these types of televised debates. The only other instance I can think of off the top of my head was when Sean Hannity had the late Christopher Hitchens on his show (along with Ralph Reed of the Christian Coalition) to opine on the death of Jerry Falwell. As you'd expect, Hitchens' post mortem rebuke of Falwell was stinging. If you gave him an enema you could fit him in a matchbox.

lenovox1

I, mean, she's already offended at least two of her celebrity guests, so I just don't know why they think a daytime talk show format is right for her.

http://dlisted.com/2017/09/25/megyn-kelly-didnt-exactly-have-a-smooth-first-today/

Megyn: You admit you’ve had work done, which I think is to your credit. But but you look amazing. Do you, have you, why did you say, I read that you said you felt like not proud to admit you’ve had work done. Why not?

Jane: We really want to talk about that now?

Megyn: Well one of the things people think about when they look at you is how amazing you look.

Jane: Well thanks. Good attitude. Good posture. Take care of myself. But let me tell you why I love this movie we did…. rather than plastic surgery.

http://dlisted.com/2017/09/27/open-...g-megyn-kelly-a-serving-of-trick-really-face/

AOL notes how she brought up a gay W&G superfan who became a lawyer because of the show. Megyn, who used to be a lawyer herself, joked, “Is it true that you became a lawyer — and you became gay! — because of Will?” Oof. Nature not nurture, Meg-ANN. She then gave the guy a free trip to catch a taping of the show and noted, “I don’t know about the lawyer thing, but I think the ‘Will & Grace’ thing and the gay thing is going to work out great.” Girl…

Maybe give the girl a co-host. I wonder if Tamron Hall is free...

caliph95

“Is it true that you became a lawyer — and you became gay! — because of Will?”
“I don’t know about the lawyer thing, but I think the ‘Will & Grace’ thing and the gay thing is going to work out great.”

She sound delightful

Mr. X

lenovox1

Apparently, Debra Messing got in trouble for speaking out against Megan Kelly in her Instagram comments.

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/27/debra-messing-in-hot-water-with-nbc-after-bashing-megyn-kelly/

Debra Messing has been told to “cut it out” by NBC bosses after she bad-mouthed fellow NBC star Megyn Kelly after appearing on her show.

The “Will & Grace” star was so put off by Kelly’s question to an audience member — “Is it true that you became a lawyer, and you became gay, because of Will? . . . I don’t know about the lawyer thing, but I think that ‘Will & Grace’ thing and the gay thing is going to work out great” — that Messing posted on Instagram, “Regret going on. Dismayed by her comments.”

While NBC insiders defended Kelly’s comments as “tongue-in-cheek,” Messing got a stern warning.

Gaah, I can't find it! There is this excellent clip from an old The Daily Show episode with Jon Stewart about Megyn Kelly where before she had been heavily anti-everything relating to parental leave and assist by the government. "Lazy mothers and parents don't deserve anything if they don't work for it and shut the fuck up all parents across America mooching for free hand-outs!"- that kind of thing. Then magically, she after a leave of a few weeks came back and was militarily pro-everything relating to parental leave and assist by the government. Like holy-shit-if-you-talk-shit-about-mothers-she-will-bite-your-goddamn-face-off(!!) levels of pro that.

Reason for her few weeks of absence?

She had a baby.

That's republicans in a nutshell. They don't give a shit about anything until it happens to them. The basic lack of empathy shown towards their fellow man is comical.

I, mean, she's already offended at least two of her celebrity guests, so I just don't know why they think a daytime talk show format is right for her.

http://dlisted.com/2017/09/25/megyn-kelly-didnt-exactly-have-a-smooth-first-today/

http://dlisted.com/2017/09/27/open-...g-megyn-kelly-a-serving-of-trick-really-face/

Maybe give the girl a co-host. I wonder if Tamron Hall is free...

Hell nah, no black folks coming to the rescue (doubly so at playing second fiddle to Megyn). Megyn needs to burn, get dropped and reinstate Tamron

It still makes no sense that it's a morning show of all things. If they wanted to cater more to the dog whistling conservative side on Today there were a million other white women they could have gone with who are more suitable.

Morning TV is not in Kelly's wheel house. She's not funny, relatable, warm etc. It makes absolutely zero sense.

Enzom21

Apparently, Debra Messing got in trouble for speaking out against Megan Kelly in her Instagram comments.

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/27/debra-messing-in-hot-water-with-nbc-after-bashing-megyn-kelly/

One exec told us, “Debra was told to cut it out by someone high up in the NBC Entertainment division run by Bob Greenblatt, via her agent or publicist.”
I bet that higher up was Andy Lack, the shithead responsible for this disaster.
I hope Megyn "She was no saint either" Kelly gets thrown off of the NBC.

Apt101

Kelly is a really rotten person. She has never even bothered to hide her proud racism and disdain for the poor. And look at how well she has done. Says a lot.

Top Bottom