• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

Cyberpunkd

But tiktok is particularly egregious :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Cheers Yes GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Ownage

What’s the woke bit? It seemed fine from the small part I watched.
NY Times going woke featuring a mid-20s bimbo influencer school teacher as a nuclear disarmament consultant. You know what a nuclear disarmament consultant looks like? Scott Sagan. One background is not like the other. Therefore, ask yourself why the NY Times, of all publications, would go with someone so amateur.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
NY Times going woke featuring a mid-20s bimbo influencer school teacher as a nuclear disarmament consultant. You know what a nuclear disarmament consultant looks like? Scott Sagan. One background is not like the other. Therefore, ask yourself why the NY Times, of all publications, would go with someone so amateur.
Ok… but how is that “woke”?

You can say they are less qualified or as well informed, sure but I’m not seeing the woke part.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

Boys and girls, watch out for woke shit. If it stinks, do your due diligence to make sure it's legitimate.

She isn't WOKE she is just naïve. I would say any Nuclear treaty about disarmament is a PR move. Most people sing the treaty, and they do not need more weapons because they have enough. But we still continue plenty of nuclear research as we should because Nukes are important for many many reasons.

Quasicat

Because she’s hot. That’s why they do it. Otherwise I, and many other people, wouldn’t have even clicked on the video.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Naive and woke.

Her consultancy gig seems to pivot around advocacy / outreach and education, at least from the snippets I caught. If so then she's doing alright in that arena, I guess. Sure, she might've talked herself up a bunch, but who's to fault her for playing the marketing game? And that's probably mostly why she's catching all the flak. It's hard to picture her sitting in on Security Council meetings or hammering out policies and treaties, or any of the upper echelons of the nuclear powers taking these guys seriously.

If we're going to get mad, then get mad at the layers upon layers of make up she has on in that video🙂

Cyberpunkd

Sure, she might've talked herself up a bunch, but who's to fault her for playing the marketing game?
This. The moment we decided everyone’s opinion on everything is valid we invited gigs like this. It’s a bit extreme, but how is it different than Oprah inviting Robert Kiyosaki for his “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” grift on her show?
Because it’s the NYT? Boomers are dying, papers need to pivot or they will die as well.

Top Bottom